• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

OPM gave some characters sound reisist due to not losing their hearing from Garou's nuclear explosion, wonder if we could ever do the same for characters who's taken explosions from Bakugou, especially to the face ? Maybe even light resist due to not going blind ?(i do not know how bright nor loud Nitroglycerin explosions are so excuse my lack of knowledge)

Standard Equipment: His Hero Costume, which comes equipped with:

Suppressive Heavy Mobile Unit: Strafe Panzer: A number of retractable machine guns that extend from his back mount over his shoulders. Like his Grenadier Bracers, they use his nitroglycerin-like sweat as ammunition.

Why does Bakugo have this in his profile? That equipment is final fight only

Should it be noted on Star and Stripe’s profile that her Matter Manipulation goes down to Subatomic? She is capable of manipulating the properties of light, which is composed of photons (subatomic particles)

Okay, the story shifting back to the hospital now and back in time as well. Interesting title here, HIStory. The flashback seems to be Spinner? There is a lizard on the wall and that sounds like a dead ringer for Spinner. But I can't tell based on the hair alone in the bottom page.

Kurogiri is confirmed to be a High-End Nomu. Also some of the civilians are rioting while holding CRC mask on pikes. Yeah all of them are people with mutant type appearances. 15000 vs 200, may not look good but most of them are civilians after all. Though some of the PLF leaders are having more focus.

Them bringing up all this stuff of prejudiced that still takes place. Big cities and more modern location are generally fine for those with mutant appearances, but places that are more backwater or in the country, you can still find many people who don't accept them.

Yet despite all of that, Spinner is probably having the worst time here. He has no idea what the hell they're talking about, he can barely think. Of course he doesn't have the ability to handle multiple Quirks, but I wouldn't be surprised if AFO gave him something extra to make him like this. Just to keep him loyal.

Shoji's getting his time to shine as well, something I'm looking forward to. It seems like the person in the flashback was Shoji? At least the line being said is the same as the first panel flashback. Unless both Shoji and Spinner just happen to come from the same place.

Despite everything this mob of people says, Shoji is right on the money. These people are just masses following nothing but lies. Like how does attacking a hospital full of injured and sick people help your cause and prove you aren't actually monster's. I wonder what kind of lie AFO or whoever came up with to rally this guys.

This is a good chapter for me, I know that'll be a hot take since there are no main characters and people will automatically say it's boring or whatever. But I'm someone who doesn't try to decided what direction a story should go, if something happens I'll enjoy it regardless. It's very hard to actually bore me.

I find this stuff interesting and want to see more. Shoji is also one of the cooler Class 1-A characters for me, so yeah I'm biased as well.

Spinner definitely got more than 2 new quirks given how his brain is juice compared to Nagant. Apart from the Gigantic at ion one, I hope he has actual strong quirks.

Season 6 is still going very strong right now. Episode was great. It ends with Shigaraki being woken up.

The part before the opening was good, showing off stuff while giving an explanation about Hawks' Quirk again. Despite being the "recap" portion I think it was done extremely well. They didn't show Tokoyami saving Hawks, but they did show him notice the blue flames. We'll likely see it in the next episode.

Lots of new animation and moments between the High-Ends vs the Heroes. Mirko getting more love, Endeavor also getting cool shots, and Crust surprisingly has some cool impact moments as well. Woman analyzing each Heroes' Quirk was well done and much better then it had any right to be in all honesty.

They also did not hold back on Mirko getting injured all over her body. The only thing I found slightly lackluster was Endeavor punching down the High-End Nomu when saving Mirko, I feel like that impact was much better in the manga. Especially with the Heroes don't give up line and Endeavor's eye trailing behind the Nomu.

Don't mind it too much, but that was the "biggest" problem I had with the episode. Present Mic's loud voice attack was very well animated. Though the doctor being sent flying and his ears bleeding was removed, he just got knocked back and no ear bleed. Shigaraki's body falling was also weirdly well animated for some reason.

The doctor's speech while Mic carries him off was much more unsettling now that it was voiced.

Next episode preview showing that we're getting some extended battles with the High-End Nomu, with Endeavor engaging some attacks from Woman. We also see Ryukyu and Gran Torino fighting some Nomu in the hospital area above ground as well. So their will be some extra moments that are looking good.

Next episode is likely adapting Chapter 271, Chapter 272, and will end on Chapter 273 with Endeavor about to battle Shigaraki.

That episode title is The Thrill of Destruction, same title as Chapter 273.

Back