• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

And? That's not a Lifting Strength feat for Bakugo.
If Deku’s fist is pushing Bakugou’s face with Class 25 levels of force, and Bakugou is pushing back against his fist for a little bit before rolling over to grab him, how is that not LS? He’s resisting a pushing force

Also I dont understand why this calc was rejected
1f5ff.png

It looks like deku and bakugo are really getting ahead of my boy shoto (damn hk), but i hope he will perform another better feat than bakugo

Cause let's face it, no one is getting ahead of deku (maybe shigi)

Should Awakened Bakugou somewhat scale to Gear Shift Deku in his lower gears? Bakugou’s sheer speed reminded ShigAFO of the 2nd user, and Bakugou was able to disappear from Shigaraki’s perception (although not as insane as how Deku did it)

Should Awakened Bakugou somewhat scale to Gear Shift Deku in his lower gears? Bakugou’s sheer speed reminded ShigAFO of the 2nd user, and Bakugou was able to disappear from Shigaraki’s perception (although not as insane as how Deku did it)
No. Deku's version of the Quirk has been powered up massively since the time of the 2nd user.

No not really tbh sure bakugo blitzed shigafo and reminded him of the second but thats only because bakugo rapidly increased his speed which is something that great shift obviously does but shigaraki did adapt to this speed since he could land a critical hit easily but this shigaraki that adapted to bakugo needed to get hit three times by deku to even know what happened to him. Also gear shift was way weaker when afo fought the second another reason why bakugo wouldnt scale just because it reeminded afo of the quirk

Feels kinda weird that Gear Shift Deku is undoubtedly the highest god tier in the verse, and massively faster and stronger than other god tiers like Bakugou, Prime AM, and even Shiggy

Guess this means Gear Shift Deku no diffs Prime AM

Feels kinda weird that Gear Shift Deku is undoubtedly the highest god tier in the verse, and massively faster and stronger than other god tiers like Bakugou, Prime AM, and even Shiggy

Guess this means Gear Shift Deku no diffs Prime AM
Literally yes, that’s why they’ve been hyping Base Shiggy up as Prime AM level the entire fight just for Deku to body him.

If Deku fought Prime AM, he would tank his attacks, activate Gear Shift and punch a hole through his chest before he even realized what happened.

Literally yes, that’s why they’ve been hyping Base Shiggy up as Prime AM level the entire fight just for Deku to body him.

If Deku fought Prime AM, he would tank his attacks, activate Gear Shift and punch a hole through his chest before he even realized what happened.
I’m just surprised by the power cliffing; seems a bit high all of a sudden

1 month timeskip of Deku not sleeping and doing nothing but fighting and saving people all the time. If he didn’t come back and beat the shit out of everyone I would’ve been disappointed.

Also it’s balanced by whatever debuff Gear Shift is gonna hit him with once the 5 minutes is up. So he’s only the strongest in the verse for 5 minutes, otherwise he’s probably somewhat below Evolved Shiggy with all his Quirks.

Feels bad for Todoroki tho, he really got gapped

He spent all that time learning Phosphor just for Dabi to copy it in an instant, and is now getting washed by Dabi.

Deku is capable of punching a hole in the chest of the most durable character in the verse, Bakugou is capable of blitzing Prime AM tier characters, and Todoroki can use cold fire ☠️☠️☠️ bro thinks he’s on the team

Meh, One Piece is fairly relative with trio power, and same with Demon Slayer. Only one I can think of that isn’t that comes to mind is Naruto
Not sure about One Piece.

With Demon Slayer, I'd say anime wise, the trio is fairly even in power with Tanjio having an edge with Sun Breathing but Infinity Castle to Sunrise Countdown he sweeps both of them when it comes to power.

With Naruto, I guess Sakura is comparable in terms of AP, but that's all Naruto and Sasuke outshine in everything else.

How do you scale off reminding someone of someone else especially now that we know the 2nd user wasn't even fast?

Bakugo reminding AFO of the 2nd user has nothing to do with powerscaling.

Meh, One Piece is fairly relative with trio power, and same with Demon Slayer. Only one I can think of that isn’t that comes to mind is Naruto
The gap gets wider in One Piece every time people think Zoro has caught up. Luffy is always like 2 or 3 power-ups ahead.

The gap gets wider in One Piece every time people think Zoro has caught up. Luffy is always like 2 or 3 power-ups ahead.
It's like that for most anime MC's and their deuteragonist. Deku and Bakugo around in the beginning used to be even in power like post AFO vs All Might excluding if Deku uses 100% but war arc and anything after that changes the gap between the two.

Imagine VH Deku Vs. Post 1st War Arc Cluster Bakugo 💀

Rewatched an episode from S6 and are we treating Aizawa restraining a High-End as an outlier? The High-End clearly tried to move his arm while Aizawa had his wrap around it, and the High-End couldn’t move

Class T Aizawa 🗿🗿🗿

Rewatched an episode from S6 and are we treating Aizawa restraining a High-End as an outlier? The High-End clearly tried to move his arm while Aizawa had his wrap around it, and the High-End couldn’t move

Class T Aizawa 🗿🗿🗿
No, we don't use anime only scenes like that. So it isn't even an outlier, the "feat" doesn't exist.

This is the page in the manga and at no point is the High-End's arm actually wrapped up, just look like he's trying to wrap the arm up. But next time we see it, it clearly either easily broke out or just avoided Aizawa's Capture Tape and went to block Present Mic and X-Less.

Someone said a while back that we should upgrade 20% to High Hypersonic since a younger casual Overhaul could outpace Rappa’s Mach 21 punches, and iirc it was agreed upon but never implemented

Should a CRT be made?

Mach 21 = Young Rappa < Young Casual Overhaul < Current Overhaul < 20% Deku

Last edited:
Someone said a while back that we should upgrade 20% to High Hypersonic since a younger casual Overhaul could outpace Rappa’s Mach 21 punches, and iirc it was agreed upon but never implemented

Should a CRT be made?
Pretty sure he'd have to blitz Chisaki to upscale here. Honestly 30% upscaling might be iffy for some people, but I'm more okay with that.

20% didn't blitz Chisaki and we have no confirmation beyond that Chisaki and Rappa are faster than they were before. This is just head canon based on the assuming that they could have gotten faster over the years. Which isn't a good reason unless we have evidence to support it.

We can see Chisaki's eyes are capable of tracking him. Also despite predicting him like he says he did, Chisaki doesn't actually move until 20% Izuku has already launched himself at him and is pretty close to him already. I don't believe 20% Izuku is massively faster than Chisaki that he should be upscaling.

Back