• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Assuming Shigaraki's arm was moving at 343 m/s, considering he's on par with All Might who is confirmed to be at least Supersonic. And his arm traveled one meter.

Assuming his arm reached Bakugo at the same time as Bakugo's explosion is shown. Gets me a speed of Massive Hypersonic+ or Mach 2626.

The results should be higher than this, since Shigaraki's arm didn't reach out for one meter. I could make a proper calc when the chapter official comes out with high quality scans. But this doesn't scale to anyone as of yet. Since Shigaraki didn't avoid it, he just tanked it head on.

But using these assumptions it shouldn't be lower than MHS+
For fun, how high would the yield be if we calc stacked and assumed Shigaraki’s arm was moving at Mach 60, his speed scaling from Deku

Assuming Shigaraki's arm was moving at 343 m/s, considering he's on par with All Might who is confirmed to be at least Supersonic. And his arm traveled one meter.

Assuming his arm reached Bakugo at the same time as Bakugo's explosion is shown. Gets me a speed of Massive Hypersonic+ or Mach 2626.

The results should be higher than this, since Shigaraki's arm didn't reach out for one meter. I could make a proper calc when the chapter official comes out with high quality scans. But this doesn't scale to anyone as of yet. Since Shigaraki didn't avoid it, he just tanked it head on.

But using these assumptions it shouldn't be lower than MHS+
holy-shit-majima.gif

We shouldn't be posting to illegal sites.

I didn't notice that Edgeshot was there too. If all of them took that hit, they can all scale to each other's durability.

Hard to tell if the shockwave injured Bakugo due to him already being bloody, but if Mirko is sporting any obvious injures that means Edgeshot should have comparable durability to her as well. Also Mirko was matching pace with Edgeshot, who is confirmed to be Supersonic.

Also with calc stacking. Bakugo's Howitzer would be 54047694 m/s, Mach 157573, or Relativistic (18% Speed of Light).

We shouldn't be posting to illegal sites.

I didn't notice that Edgeshot was there too. If all of them took that hit, they can all scale to each other's durability.

Hard to tell if the shockwave injured Bakugo due to him already being bloody, but if Mirko is sporting any obvious injures that means Edgeshot should have comparable durability to her as well. Also Mirko was matching pace with Edgeshot, who is confirmed to be Supersonic.

Also with calc stacking. Bakugo's Howitzer would be 54047694 m/s, Mach 157573, or Relativistic (18% Speed of Light).
I can DM you the site if that’s allowed

I can DM you the site if that’s allowed
I had already seen them by the time I wrote my first spoiler comment up there.

I don't how DM's work, and I don't want to presume anything about how they works so I'm not going to say anything else about it.

Bakugo's arm didn't fall off, but Shigaraki completely crushed it. That kind of injury does not heal by itself, his right arm should be dead.

Also why wouldn’t Bakugou scale to his Howitzer? He constantly launches himself with his own explosions as movement, and the Howitzer was combined with cluster, which is already stated to massively increase his speed?

Also why wouldn’t Bakugou scale to his Howitzer? He constantly launches himself with his own explosions as movement? and the Howitzer was combined with cluster, which is already stated to massively increase his speed?
Howitzer Cluster is a super move that should be superior to anything else he can do normally. I highly doubt the speed of his normal cluster is anywhere comparable to his Howitzer Cluster. Bakugo himself stated that was his strongest attack, he doesn't have anything better than it.

Howitzer Cluster is a super move that should be superior to anything else he can do normally. I highly doubt the speed of his normal cluster is anywhere comparable to his Howitzer Cluster. Bakugo himself stated that was his strongest attack, he doesn't have anything better than it.
Yes, it’s a super move, but it being the strongest doesn’t necessarily mean it’s incomparably faster than his normal cluster considering it DOES utilize cluster, which is the “fastest he’s been”. I think Bakugou could downscale, or scale straight up, but not scaling him to it at all feels odd

Yes, it’s a super move, but it being the strongest doesn’t necessarily mean it’s incomparably faster than his normal cluster considering it DOES utilize cluster, which is the “fastest he’s been”. I think Bakugou could downscale, or scale straight up, but not scaling him to it at all feels odd
And it also doesn't mean it has to be comparable to him, since he stated that was his strongest attack.

We can't say they're comparable just because we feel like it. I see no reason he should be downscaling to it because "it feels odd" he isn't scaling. That isn't proper evidence.

And it also doesn't mean it has to be comparable to him, since he stated that was his strongest attack.

We can't say they're comparable just because we feel like it. I see no reason he should be downscaling to it because "it feels odd" he isn't scaling. That isn't proper evidence.
At the very least this would scale to his attack speed

Moving on... Do any of you think it's likely for any of the big three to bite the dust? Suneater's line about graduating is a big flag, and Mirio's response to just protect everyone until Izuku can make it back isn't all that much better. If Izuku is going to be fighting Prime AFO, and I don't see how that doesn't happen.

They're going to be stuck with Shigaraki longer than they're expecting. Shigaraki was right, getting to his main body doesn't mean anything. Because now you're dealing with someone who is equal to All Might. While the hands are annoying, they aren't on par with Shigaraki himself.

Maybe it would've been better to draw out a stalemate with Shigaraki's growth. Sure he'd try something different if it took too long. But that'd be better than forcing him into acting like this.

Suneater’s line is a bit worrying, but also I cannot see them holding off Shigaraki that well. Mirio is deadweight in this fight, as he wasn’t even strong enough to scratch a Near-High End, which means he’ll become nothing more than ant to Shigaraki. Nejire was able to fight a weakened 75% Shigaraki, but this Shigaraki is massively stronger, so we have no idea how well she’ll do. Generally speaking, I don’t see this going well

Now I’m wondering why he bothered with the hands at all other than to flex. If they jumped him from the start and he used this strength at the beginning they would’ve been slapped up even earlier.

Suneater might be going down boys. I don’t see Mirio ever dying in this series and Nejire could die too but she’s a bit of a favorite for Horikoshi so she might not. But Suneater? I’m not feeling good about his odds.

Big Three better absolutely perform on Shigaraki here, they’re the last line of defense until the Pros get their shit together and come back.

I'm getting Namek vibes from this fight ngl, but honestly I have no idea how they're gonna come out of this. Shigaraki is already a problem, and a Prime AFO just escalates the situation to a near unwinnable one.

Either Deku can convince Shigaraki to turn against AFO, which I doubt will happen, or some HEAVY ass international heroes come in. I want to see what they can do. For a nation called the Hero capital of the world we haven't see many heroes from them but the ones we've seen were strong as Hell. Star and stripes and captain celebrity were monsters

Last edited:
If International Heroes do come and help, I'm scared if Koichi ever shows up

I don't trust Hiro when it comes to writing him ngl. Though I would love to see Koichi kick some ass, dude felt like a true hero in Vig

Moving on... Do any of you think it's likely for any of the big three to bite the dust? Suneater's line about graduating is a big flag, and Mirio's response to just protect everyone until Izuku can make it back isn't all that much better. If Izuku is going to be fighting Prime AFO, and I don't see how that doesn't happen.

They're going to be stuck with Shigaraki longer than they're expecting. Shigaraki was right, getting to his main body doesn't mean anything. Because now you're dealing with someone who is equal to All Might. While the hands are annoying, they aren't on par with Shigaraki himself.

Maybe it would've been better to draw out a stalemate with Shigaraki's growth. Sure he'd try something different if it took too long. But that'd be better than forcing him into acting like this.
Suneater might die. It would definitely hurt way harder especially as he is the most "Innocent" out of the Big 3. On the adult heroes side, I think Best Jeanist is pretty much a goner as Bakugo's master/sensei. He hasn't really gotten to play the sensei role a lot and this might be his moment before he ultimately either dies or is griviously injured like Gran Torino in war arc. Edgeshot might also die since he doesn't have too many interpersonal relationships in the manga. I think Mirko is safe. She already lost an arm and leg & Hori simps for her.

Last edited:
The Skycrawler, Captain Celebrity, and Deku taking on Prime AFO? Sounds like fanfiction (In terms of believability), but honestly I'm 100% down for that if it did happen.

Suneater seems like a big choice, especially since he was the one who said the line. Edgeshot also seems like a possibility to me. At the very least I think it's safe to say that no one is safe from taking sever injuries. If both Bakugo and Jiro are getting such heavy damage, I wouldn't be surprise to see it happen to a lot of people.

Also Horikoshi seems to be a fan of having his character's right arm get destroyed.

I will be honest, I can't see Koichi or any other Vigilantes characters coming into the main story in any significant role. Hori has never even hinted at them.

If international heroes do appear, it will probably be ones we have already seen in the main story before: Salaam, Big Red Dot, Electoplant, Nyikang, and Pankration.

Even Captain Celebrity is a stretch since he also hasn't been mentioned in the main story. Hori would have to do a completely new introduction for both Koichi and CC if he wants them to be anything more than glorified cameos.

But, yeah, if Koichi does miraculously appear, it will probably be in the fight against Prime AFO.

Like imagine a team of Endeavor, Koichi, Captain Celebrity, and maybe a few others against AFO. I think they would hold out well even without Deku. (We could also get a Koichi-Hawks speed comparison). O'clock was kinda the High-speed hero of his generation & Hawks is this generation's speed hero. And Koichi is basically O'clock's successor and faster than his master.

Tfw Mirio jumps from High 8-C strength to High 6-C strength somehow after losing his quirk
He didn't do any damage to High-ends. With some of these characters, Hori has maintained a very tight powerscale. The only way I see Mirio doing damage is if he gets a hax upgrade.

After all permeation is just a nerfed version of powers of characters like Shadow Cat (Kitty Pride) and the Flash. There's way more haxy ways to use phasing offensively that Horikoshi could draw from to give Mirio a power-up. Heck, if his phasing ends up being a spatial ability like Obito, it opens much more doorways to hax power-ups.

I will be honest, I can't see Koichi or any other Vigilantes characters coming into the main story in any significant role. Hori has never even hinted at them.

If international heroes do appear, it will probably be ones we have already seen in the main story before: Salaam, Big Red Dot, Electoplant, Nyikang, and Pankration.

Even Captain Celebrity is a stretch since he also hasn't been mentioned in the main story. Hori would have to do a completely new introduction for both Koichi and CC if he wants them to be anything more than glorified cameos.

But, yeah, if Koichi does miraculously appear, it will probably be in the fight against Prime AFO.

Like imagine a team of Endeavor, Koichi, Captain Celebrity, and maybe a few others against AFO. I think they would hold out well even without Deku. (We could also get a Koichi-Hawks speed comparison). O'clock was kinda the High-speed hero of his generation & Hawks is this generation's speed hero. And Koichi is basically O'clock's successor and faster than his master.
Is Vigilantes canon or no? I know Japan isnt really that deadset in canon like the west can be but I always wondered if those characters are canon to Horikoshi

Considering how Cluster is just Bakugo's condensed explosions, I advise against calculating it at all unless the inversely proportional rate between the compression and the power of explosion can be determined to adjust the variables in the formula, based from what I understand of it.

It's better to just outright downscale this specific attack, we have an in-universe statement that probably shouldn't make it an outlier anyways.

Is Vigilantes canon or no? I know Japan isnt really that deadset in canon like the west can be but I always wondered if those characters are canon to Horikoshi
Yes it should be canon, and we currently treat it as canon.

Things like Trigger and Fat Gum first appeared in Vigilantes, and Fat Gum made a small reference to his time in Vigilantes. AFO was also inspired by Number 6 to create the bioengineered Nomu we know today. Shirakumo's and Aizawa's backstory is only explored in Vigilantes too.

And what we're told in the main series fits with what Vigilantes showed.

I don't know if Horikoshi has ever said anything about Vigilantes status in canon, as I've never looked for it.

Yeah, Hori does supervise all the side stuff including Vigs, TUM, and the movies but he rarely refers to them in the manga. Most tie-ins are in the side material (since they are the ones that need them) rather than the main manga.

So far the only references are probably for Heroes Rising Nine teaser before that movie came out. To this day, Two Heroes is probably the only one to get many tie-ins: Star and Stripes, Endeavor's hero suit, and mid gauntlets. Even then, Melissa wasn't referred by name.

Hori did say he wants Rody in the manga so WHM might also get a tie in at some point.

With Vigs, the closest connection it has with the manga is Aizawa's flashback otherwise none of the Vigs exclusive characters have ever been hinted at in the main manga.

Back