• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Im glad Deku isnt pulling a Naruto and spreading his power around like candy to buff everyone. I enjoy seeing the side characters attempt to fight the main villain and actually get hurt. It feels like theres actual stakes and certain characters are actually at risk of losing their lives and makes the battle more engaging.

The war arc for Naruto always felt a little disappointing to me. Im glad this actually feels like a war

Maimed or killed maybe, but aside from background characters I highly doubt there will be more than 5 significant deaths excluding AFO.

I'm not particularly compelled or interested in possible deaths either, especially compared to the Hospital/Gunga raid.

Ah shit... well, if we're placing bets, I'm putting mine on AFO.
We’re gonna kill him in everyday except for ending his life.
End his pride, his plans, his happiness, anything that will give him joy. But we will never kill him, it’s too merciful

Can the tower tetsutetsu pushed over be calc’d? (This would scale to like, anyone who can grapple with him, so idk who)
I know it won’t be calc’d as steel, however the softening quirk states that it becomes like mud or quicksand (which I think we just use the density of sand for), so it still has some weight.

Can the tower tetsutetsu pushed over be calc’d? (This would scale to like, anyone who can grapple with him, so idk who)
I know it won’t be calc’d as steel, however the softening quirk states that it becomes like mud or quicksand (which I think we just use the density of sand for), so it still has some weight.
The softening would heavily loosen the foundation, making it easier to topple even more. So I don't think there is a way to properly calc him tilting it. All he had to do is move it the bare minimum required to make it fall over. Also while he was told to "push" it, the anime shows Tetsutetsu actually headbutted or rammed into the tower.

The manga doesn't show how he made it fall over. But I admit with Honenuki telling him to push it, I don't mind ignoring what the anime showed.

But I have no idea how anyone could calculate that.

The softening would heavily loosen the foundation, making it easier to topple even more. So I don't think there is a way to properly calc him tilting it. All he had to do is move it the bare minimum required to make it fall over. Also while he was told to "push" it, the anime shows Tetsutetsu actually headbutted or rammed into the tower.

The manga doesn't show how he made it fall over. But I admit with Honenuki telling him to push it, I don't mind ignoring what the anime showed.

But I have no idea how anyone could calculate that.
IDK it's weight alone?
Cause I'd ignore Newtons because the foundations loosened
I did measuring myself (or attempted to) and the radius of the top section (Where we see iida crushed by it) is ~2.5 m, haven't measured the one where it was falling cause iida is likely too tall as he's close to the camera and the height is dependent on what is and is not part of the tower and what's motion effect

I wish we already had the key for 100% Shigaraki, I kinda want a match against Pain

Pain would have a 1.76x AP advantage, but Shiggy would have much higher LS

IDK it's weight alone?
He wouldn't scale to the full weight, since he has to lift the whole thing up to scale to the weight. Or push the entire thing horizontally without touching the ground. Because sliding something off the ground has its own kind of formula with friction and whatever.

But he didn't do that. He just tilted it enough for it to fall over.

He wouldn't scale to the full weight, since he has to lift the whole thing up to scale to the weight. Or push the entire thing horizontally without touching the ground. Because sliding something off the ground has its own kind of formula with friction and whatever.

But he didn't do that. He just tilted it enough for it to fall over.
Fair enough, downscale?

Yeah but people will frequently cite Garaki stating that Shigaraki is not quite at All Might's level, sooo...

And it's not like that's incorrect, just that the gap between them is negligible enough from the perspective of others. You can say that Final Arc Shigaraki is equal to All Might conclusively, if nothing else due to the mutation he's currently experiencing.

Yeah but people will frequently cite Garaki stating that Shigaraki is not quite at All Might's level, sooo...

And it's not like that's incorrect, just that the gap between them is negligible enough from the perspective of others. You can say that Final Arc Shigaraki is equal to All Might conclusively, if nothing else due to the mutation he's currently experiencing.
That was incomplete Shigaraki, so it made sense he wasn’t at the level he should’ve been at. Almost at his peak, but not there. Even vs Star, AFO constantly grumbles that fighting Star with this incomplete body is a stupid, risky move. His procedure being stopped ****** him up.

But CURRENT Shigaraki? He’s just flat out Prime All Might but with AFO’s Quirks and his new Growth ability. Absolutely monstrous. Which is why I want to see him fight Prime AFO.

Anyone else loving how much they’re saying Tomura is 100% comparable to Prime All Might so no one can get it twisted that people are simply strong enough to affect that level of character?
Eh idk man, mirko surviving a direct hit from him says a lot and them keeping up with him in speed.
Weakened am level

Question: If Star experiences everything her Air Giant feels, shouldn’t she be 6-C for tanking the Tiamat explosion?
That wouldn't mean she'd scale to the Air Giant's durability. And obviously there is nothing that states she experiences everything her giant feels.

Her moving alongside the giant just means they have to mimic each other no matter what. The giant is also clearly superior to herself.

Mirko never took a direct hit from him. He smacked them all away with a shockwave, but he didn't make contact with them.

He even tossed Bakugo away before doing so.
IMG_7960.jpg

Also is there a way to calc Star’s quirkless strength? She is able to hold on to the missiles moving at hypersonic speeds
A hypersonic missile IRL weighs roughly 7400 kg, there were 10 so 74000 kg

I’ll assume the missiles were moving at baseline hypersonic, which is 1715 m/s

All together I ended up with 12941 metric tons, or Class M. Pretty good for Quirkless Star.

A hypersonic missile IRL weighs roughly 7400 kg, there were 10 so 74000 kg

I’ll assume the missiles were moving at baseline hypersonic, which is 1715 m/s

All together I ended up with 12941 metric tons, or Class M. Pretty good for Quirkless Star.
And for kinetic energy, it’d be 26 tons, or City Block level. I don’t know if it would scale to her AP or not, since she was holding back the kinetic energy of it, but I would assume the lifting strength part is valid

Back