• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The reason we stopped using it was because All Might doesn't have to be 60X stronger in order to send Nomu flying with 5 punches.

You can read about it here, they explain it a lot better than I can.
Yeah that’s essentially what I thought was the reason.
I could say that x2 is a minimum (because it would easily overcome shock absorption) but I’m not gonna propose that because my wet noodle confidence needs other people

Hey, if his punches ultimately stacked, and each one of them was directly compared to his chapter 1 Detroit Smash — 2.277e+16 joules — wouldn't that mean that the Nomu's Shock Absorption had an accumulative High 7-A limit?

Hey, if his punches ultimately stacked, and each one of them was directly compared to his chapter 1 Detroit Smash — 2.277e+16 joules — wouldn't that mean that the Nomu's Shock Absorption had an accumulative High 7-A limit?
Idk,
it’s nice and supporting but we likely should scale his Plus Ultra to the combined stack of punches, not he himself (as he was going beyond his limits for that moment).
so like USJ Nomu would have a 6-B limit of over 30 Teratons if we use 172 gigaton (joking)

Can we mention all of Monoma’s stolen abilities in like a different key, since it isn’t not in character for him to start with a stolen ability

So far he has:

Explosion Manipulation (With Bakugou’s quirk)

Body Control and Statistics Amplification (With Kirishima’s quirk)

Telekinesis and Flight (With Reiko’s quirk)

Portal Creation, Darkness Manipulation and BFR (With Kurogiri’s quirk)

Damage Boost and Durability Negation (With Twin Impact kid, idk I forgot his name)

Mind Manipulation (With Shinsou’s quirk)

Power Nullification (With Aizawa’s quirk)

Lmk if I’m missing anything. Not counting stuff like Eri and Deku’s quirks since he didn’t actually use them due to them being accumulation

Last edited:
Can we mention all of Monoma’s stolen abilities in like a different key, since it isn’t not in character for him to start with a stolen ability

So far he has:

Body Control (With Kirishima’s quirk)

Damage Boost and Durability Negation (With Twin Impact kid, idk I forgot his name)

Lmk if I’m missing anything. Not counting stuff like Eri and Deku’s quirks since he didn’t actually use them due to them being accumulation
Maybe. It might be fair.

So far he has:

Body Control (With Kirishima’s quirk)

Erasure, like man’s is carrying the Shigaraki fight
also stat amp because we have hardening increase kirishima’s AP and Durability

Calc stacking is so wild. For the Supersonic Base Deku calc, if we assume Shinso’s projectile was as fast as 5% Deku considering they’re physically comparable (2400 m/s), BASE Deku would become Mach 275, or Massively Hypersonic

Calc stacking is so wild. For the Supersonic Base Deku calc, if we assume Shinso’s projectile was as fast as 5% Deku considering they’re physically comparable (2400 m/s), BASE Deku would become Mach 275, or Massively Hypersonic
If we assume it was moving at the speed of sound, which is fairly logical, Deku would become Mach 39, or High Hypersonic in base

If we assume it was moving at subsonic speeds, which is a massive lowball, Deku would become Mach 3.9, or Supersonic+

There was a discussion in a old thread, I brought up if we should mention the powers Monoma copied on his page. All of the staff there disagreed with adding it.

Also why is it out of character for Monoma to start with a copied power? And why exactly is that part an issue?

And a separate key for his copied abilities makes no sense. I want to have them mentioned on his profile, but I see no reason for a Copy key or something.

That also makes it look like he can hold all of those abilities and switch between them, when in reality he can only hold four powers at once.

If we assume it was moving at the speed of sound, which is fairly logical, Deku would become Mach 39, or High Hypersonic in base

If we assume it was moving at subsonic speeds, which is a massive lowball, Deku would become Mach 3.9, or Supersonic+
Bring it up with someone much smarter.
I guess you could say it moves at a similar speed to a whip but again me dumb

I think that Power Copiers should only have powers copied listed on their profiles if the power remains with them indefinitely afterwards and isn't a temporary mimicry.

Bring it up with someone much smarter.
I guess you could say it moves at a similar speed to a whip but again me dumb
Yeah I mean with Aizawa’s sheer strength, he must be launching the weapon at immense speeds, and Shinso is comparable to Aizawa

Aizawa is also capable of blitzing Dabi with the capturing weapon, though it was a clone

Bakugo actually managed to injure and take off part of Shigaraki's skin but his right arm got crushed and broken by Shigaraki.
Broken? That shit looks complete ripped off and gone with how Shiggy gripped his elbow. Only reason Bakugo didn’t die instantly after he got grabbed is cause AFO-Shiggy are disrespectful like that. Other than that he didn’t even do super high damage beyond burning his skin off. Absolutely tanked honestly.

So much for the super move, but it does scale his heat higher.

Also god I can’t believe Mirio actually showed up. **** was he doing this whole time.

Broken? That shit looks complete ripped off and gone with how Shiggy gripped his elbow. Only reason Bakugo didn’t die instantly after he got grabbed is cause AFO-Shiggy are disrespectful like that. Other than that he didn’t even do super high damage beyond burning his skin off. Absolutely tanked honestly.

So much for the super move, but it does scale his heat higher.

Also god I can’t believe Mirio actually showed up. **** was he doing this whole time.
yeah, it looks like his arm got completely ripped off. Shiggy is honestly in a completely different league if that is all Bakugo's strongest attack could do.

Looking at the spoilers, Bakugo actually did some really good damage just doesn't feel like a lot because Shiggy has regen/super human endurance/pain tolerance and shit

Either way, lets see what more they can do

Looking at the spoilers, Bakugo actually did some really good damage just doesn't feel like a lot because Shiggy has regen/super human endurance/pain tolerance and shit

Either way, lets see what more they can do
pain tolerance yes, regen no. His quirks are being erased right now, so he just doesn’t care for the burns in any way. He’s literally toying with Bakugo when he hits him with the attack.

All I know is the Big Three better whip something out quick before Shigaraki snaps on someone else next.

pain tolerance yes, regen no. His quirks are being erased right now, so he just doesn’t care for the burns in any way. He’s literally toying with Bakugo when he hits him with the attack.

All I know is the Big Three better whip something out quick before Shigaraki snaps on someone else next.
Him toying with him and not caring for the damage doesn't mean he wasn't considerably damaged. Which was my point

Him toying with him and not caring for the damage doesn't mean he wasn't considerably damaged. Which was my point
I know he damaged him but it was not “good” damage as you implied. It basically did nothing to his overall combat ability nor affected him in anyway other than the burns on his skin. It doesn’t even seem like the force of the blast did much, only the heat. So I would not classify that as “considerable damage.”

Obviously it scales to hurting Shigaraki but in the context of this fight it amounted to nothing other than light wounds for him.

also it seems the business course students are recording the fighting?

That’s a pretty smart move if true. The narrative of heroics is the driving force of the story, so if they can counter Dabi’s video of a corrupt society with people that are fighting and dying for a good society, then they can win back trust with the civilians as well as the rest of the world.

Also means Deku might have his “I Am Here” moment recorded and watched by the whole world just like All Might.

I know he damaged him but it was not “good” damage as you implied. It basically did nothing to his overall combat ability nor affected him in anyway other than the burns on his skin. It doesn’t even seem like the force of the blast did much, only the heat. So I would not classify that as “considerable damage.”

Obviously it scales to hurting Shigaraki but in the context of this fight it amounted to nothing other than light wounds for him.
I would consider half your face and shoulder being burned to that extent, considerable damage. Whether or not it highly effected Shiggy due to his constitution is not really the point.

I would consider half your face and shoulder being burned to that extent, considerable damage. Whether or not it highly effected Shiggy due to his constitution is not really the point.
The entire point I’m making is that it ISN’T significant BECAUSE he’s fighting Shigaraki. That level of damage is nothing to him. For this fight, the fight that matters, Bakugo might as well have just gotten too close and lost an arm. Unless these burns comes into play later and actually crippled Shigaraki in some way, Bakugo didn’t do anything to him, regardless of how he looks. You can’t look at the damage being done and say it’s good damage or not without taking who is being hit into account.

The entire point I’m making is that it ISN’T significant BECAUSE he’s fighting Shigaraki. That level of damage is nothing to him. For this fight, the fight that matters, Bakugo might as well have just gotten too close and lost an arm. Unless these burns comes into play later and actually crippled Shigaraki in some way, Bakugo didn’t do anything to him, regardless of how he looks. You can’t look at the damage being done and say it’s good damage or not without taking who is being hit into account.
okay and I know this, you misunderstood me or I didn't make it clear ???

I'm talking about damage done visually....like I said, how it affects Shiggy overall is beside the point. I'm not ignoring it because I think it actually affected his performance...I'm ignoring it because that's not what I'm talking about. If you get what I'm saying

okay and I know this, you misunderstood me or I didn't make it clear ???

I'm talking about damage done visually....like I said, how it affects Shiggy overall is beside the point. I'm not ignoring it because I think it actually affected his performance...I'm ignoring it because that's not what I'm talking about. If you get what I'm saying
Now I’m more confused on what you’re trying to convey, so I think I’ll just drop it.

Back