• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I think we’re all aware that Deku’s percentages exponentially increase between his tiers, and that it’s constantly reflected within the show. However, this isn’t accurately depicted in the gaps between a few of Deku’s tiers.

Although the gap between 45% and 100% is AT LEAST a gap of 2.22x, Deku doesn’t even become 2x faster or stronger in the jump, according to our current values on this wiki.

When finding out a massive lowball for Deku’s true percentage speed/strength, I found something that can be utilized: static percentages.

Now, this doesn’t mean that I THINK Deku’s percentages are static. However, the fact that Deku’s percentages on this wiki are BELOW what the static percentage would be is troubling. So, here’s some changes to be suggested.

Changes:
Speed

When scaling speed from 5% (Mach 7), here is what is changed.

- Rather than 8% becoming unquantifiably above 5%, it will become Mach 11.2, due to being 1.6x above 5

- Rather than 10% becoming Mach 10 (baseline Hypersonic+), it will become Mach 14, due to being AT LEAST 2x faster than 5%, which is Mach 7)

- Rather than 20% being unquantifiable into Hypersonic+, it will become AT LEAST Mach 28 (High Hypersonic), which is double 10%’s Mach 14.

- 30% will become AT LEAST Mach 42 due to being 1.5x faster than 20%, which is Mach 28. Since the gap between High Hypersonic+ is only 1.19x, a potential upscale can be established.

- 45% will become at least Mach 63 due to being 1.5x above 30%. This change is fairly minor since 45% and those who scale are already Mach 60, but anyways.

- 100% will become at least Mach 140 due to being AT LEAST 2.22x faster than 45%. This change isn’t that big since current 100% is only scaled to Mach 116, but anyways.

Strength:

This portion needs less changes since the variation between tiers are more nuanced, but a few nonetheless.

As 20% is double 10% (4.22 Kilotons), It will become 8.44 Kilotons (which is above Baseline, which is its current rating)

30% will be AT LEAST 12.66 Kilotons, as it’s 1.5x the previous value.

100% will become 1.2 Gigatons due to being at least 2.22x 45%, which is 550 MT.

——————————

To summarize, the gaps between Deku‘s tiers are way too small. I mean, even a 3% gap was able to overwhelm Bakugou, who was stomping Deku in their fight.

Although the static values aren’t truly optimal for the series, they help to give a bare minimum gauge for how strong Deku should be with any percentage.

The strength part for 100% will likely become irrelevant due to upcoming CRTS, but the speed part may still stand.

I don't think that this works out quite as simply as that.

If this logic with the percentages was fully accurate, than 0% (AKA Quirkless) Deku would have 0 m/s speed and 0 strength.
Well I mean he does day 5% is a “small increase” to his current abilities and only really helps with movement (why do we still have him as transonic again and not just transonic with Hypersonic combat/reaction speeds) So 0% OFA would be quirkless Deku with 0% of a boost from OFA, yada yada. This does make a small problem at 5%, with it being less than a 2x gap between his base and 5%, but again, it’s mostly mobility.

Of course that’s my take on how this CRT would work, doesn’t mean Im saying we should, I’m not smart enough to make that call

If this logic with the percentages was fully accurate, than 0% (AKA Quirkless) Deku would have 0 m/s speed and 0 strength.
Thing is that the logic only follows OFA Deku. Deku without using quirks won’t be affected by any of this

5% is High 8-C yet 10% is Low 7-C+.

20% is 7-C yet 100% is 7-A+ or High 7-A.

100% can almost rip off the jaw of someone who is stronger than 45%.

We can't just ignore all this and only use what we think works. Treating Izuku's percentages like that is wrong, because they just don't work. We can't cherry pick and ignore the fact his percentages don't line up like this. And we can't ignore strength and just use it for speed. Everything has to work or nothing works.

Either we get 102 Tons of TNT 100% (8-A) for being 20X stronger than 5%. Or we do 50 Megatons of TNT 5% (7-B) for being 20X weaker than 100%.

Doing this weird thing were some percentages follow actual percentages value and the others don't is unacceptable to me.

@Nullflowerblush That doesn't matter either.

Also they actually do the opposite in some case. Such as 8% being Mach 9 while 5% is Mach 7. The gaps aren't always higher than they should be.

They need to work both ways or not at all. That is still just cherry picking and is not allowed.

They don't follow actual percentages and shouldn't be treated like they do in some cases because we want them to.

5% is High 8-C yet 10% is Low 7-C+.

20% is 7-C yet 100% is 7-A+ or High 7-A.

100% can almost rip off the jaw of someone who is stronger than 45%.

We can't just ignore all this and only use what we think works. Treating Izuku's percentages like that is wrong, because they just don't work. We can't cherry pick and ignore the fact his percentages don't line up like this. And we can't ignore strength and just use it for speed. Everything has to work or nothing works.

Either we get 102 Tons of TNT 100% (8-A) for being 20X stronger than 5%. Or we do 50 Megatons of TNT 5% (7-B) for being 20X weaker than 100%.

Doing this weird thing were some percentages follow actual percentages value and the others don't is unacceptable to me.
The things is it’s not meant to be a direct value for the percentage. It’s meant as a baseline value; a bare minimum.

Let me give you an example.

Deku’s percentages are KNOWN to exponentially increase, and this is backed constantly

10% Deku being over 100x as strong as 5% = Valid. Although the percentages are exponential, it’s backed in the show

Theoretical: 10% Deku being 2x as strong as 5% = Valid. It is a gross lowball, but it logically makes sense mathematically.

100% Deku not even becoming 2x as strong as 45% = Invalid. Not only is it not valuable in depicting the strength disparity, it simply doesn’t work mathematically because it’s BELOW the bare minimum

Deku’s percentages are KNOWN to exponentially increase, and this is backed constantly
That isn't how this works. You're using our fan calcs placing his percentages this high to prove your point. Which isn't evidence of anything.

We don't cherry pick this stuff no matter what. His numbers being mostly higher doesn't mean we can treat the percentages that don't have calcs like actual percentages.

If they don't work, they don't work period. We don't magically decide when they do or don't work.

Unless you can provide a in universe statement that says the difference between percentages are meant to be higher than what they actually mean.

Of course he is, he sucks after all

I can't see this logic flying, I think its counting on the percentages in series being fully accurate rather than the creator throwing out a number to have Deku's strength/speed vary

Back