• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Would it be usable if we scaled Prime All Might/Prime All For One/VH Arc Deku to multiple of the missiles? Like we know that 100% does a lot of damage to Shigaraki (Such as the first Wyoming smash in 282 taking off the bottom half of his jaw). So would multiple (but still a small amount) be usable for a guesstimate?

Definite no. In actuality, since Shigaraki wasn't close to the epicenter of the explosion how much he actually got hit with I would hazard isn't any more than the full force of one missile if even that. I think we're already on shaky ground with the scaling as is

Definite no. In actuality, since Shigaraki wasn't close to the epicenter of the explosion how much he actually got hit with I would hazard isn't any more than the full force of one missile if even that. I think we're already on shaky ground with the scaling as is
I more meant that the nomu survived a blast (albeit, barely) from the combined 10, which should be around the same durability as Shigaraki (imo I don't think a random near high-end is gonna surpass shigaraki in durability), so since we use 1 for Shigaraki and the such, I thought, "Maybe 2"

How much the nomu actually tanked also might not be equivalent to a single missile, not to mention that it only barely survived if even that. In all honesty, all of the scaling regarding this attack is pretty iffy.

I think we're not getting anymore international heroes, Stars and Stripes had two purposes: To further weaken shigaraki because he has too much bullshit as is and to give an excuse as to why the international community isn't going to help. This is a Japan problem now

I think we're not getting anymore international heroes, Stars and Stripes had two purposes: To further weaken shigaraki because he has too much bullshit as is and to give an excuse as to why the international community isn't going to help. This is a Japan problem now
It's a shame she ultimately became a plot device to prop up AFO and Shigaraki even though she was a solid character.

Honestly, she was just too powerful for her own good. A quirk like hers appearing as it did was a clear sign she wasn't leaving that fight with it if she left the fight at all. Then again, I also think having AFO's quirk is just a troublesome one for the series to deal with in general.

Well WHM introduced a lot of international heroes so I don’t think it’d stop just yet

The manga tends to only pay lip service to the movies, nothing more and besides that time we saw Nine for a panel. Not holding my breath on that one

Well, call me an optimist, but the Egyptian Hero's reaction to the news makes me think some international Heroes will end up coming anyways...

Well, call me an optimist, but the Egyptian Hero's reaction to the news makes me think some international Heroes will end up coming anyways...
Even if they do, I can't see them being anything more than a last minute addition. Honestly, at this point I'm no longer looking forward to their appearance after Horikoshi created Star and Stripe purely as a sacrificial lamb to set up this final arc.

For once, we'll probably see the entire class in action and defeating major villains all in one arc. This is THE ARC where Horikoshi has to pull the trigger and have everyone from U.A. to get their shit in after all the buildup. Introducing new heroes only serves to distract from that goal.

For the love of manga, I hope we can just focus on class 1-A and not some other new characters from out of Japan. Deku and other heroes are cool to see in action, but I miss my lovable goofballs and want to see them get some feats and action.

Except Mineta.

For the love of manga, I hope we can just focus on class 1-A and not some other new characters from out of Japan. Deku and other heroes are cool to see in action, but I miss my lovable goofballs and want to see them get some feats and action.

Except Mineta.
I actually think Class 1-A is pretty weak for a main cast imo. They’re cool but not expanded on enough

Weaken shigaraki was pointless because he's just going to get more quirks and become even stronger she literally died for nothing.

Weaken shigaraki was pointless because he's just going to get more quirks and become even stronger she literally died for nothing.
We don't even know how many quirks Shiggy had before Star got rid of them and we don't know how many quirks she took out. It was literally X - Y.

I also found it hard to believe that Star could even do all of that yet couldn't create a rule to reverse decay, a rather simplistic quirk, or an illusion to trick AFO and get away from him before he even touched her. You'd think that she'd have done anything creative beyond just taking the L. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't even shown that she said the rule to destroy Shigaraki's quirks out loud. We'd have to assume she said it out loud even though when she did that for the other rule, when it should have been much easier to pull off, it failed and her body was falling apart from then on. I am so confused about that moment what the ****.

Shiggy, arguably, wasn't even busted before this fight happened. There was still a way to beat him back in the war arc and that's constantly pummeling him with attacks until his regen couldn't keep up or just the imbalance between AFO and himself. And if people continued to freak out about 100% Shigaraki, Hori could have made it so Shigaraki would never reach that point, even if he came close, because he got interrupted and thus force him to rely even more on his friends to take on the heroes and keep AFO from dominating him. MHA wasn't being written out of a corner, there were still other, better, ways to deal with it.

I loved the fight (90% of it). It had almost everything I wanted out of an MHA fight sequence. Yet I can't help but feel it was unnecessary and even downright confusing at times.

Tatsumaki would be a great hero in My Hero if she was transferred over there. That's cool, the how would your favorite character rank in My Hero question.
If i were pick my favorite, it would be Jotaro from Jojo. I think he would be like a Underground Hero just like Aizawa, just chilling on the weekend like usual and wouldn't be heard by a lot of people.

You're not wrong, and I hate it. I was hoping for more of an ensemble cast, but alas that wasn't Hori's vision.
I dislike the fact Hori is trying to make it seem like the story focused on an ensemble cast the whole time even though all evidence pointed the opposite direction; he focused on only 5% of all characters in the story. He might even know it to be true yet can't stop himself from manipulating the readers into believing everyone in Class 1-A outside of Deku and like three other kids are very wel developed. And don't get me started on Class 1-B, they were better of not existing.

Also why is this story still stuck in the first year of school? You would think Deku would be a senior at this point right?

In fact, it is assumed that they are already in 2nd year from the start of the current arc (or that can be inferred since we know that Shindo already passed to 3rd)

In fact, it is assumed that they are already in 2nd year from the start of the current arc (or that can be inferred since we know that Shindo already passed to 3rd)
Alright so like 300 chapters in MHA happened in just one year. What kind of story compresses all those events in such a short span of time?

Alright so like 300 chapters in MHA happened in just one year. What kind of story compresses all those events in such a short span of time?
many series in fact, I'm sure that many series take place in less than a year

Also
1) Most arcs pass fast, the war that lasted about 40-50 chapters happened in less than a day, the fight between the liberation army and the league of villains (about 30 chapters) happens in less than an hour, the Assault to the Shisaki base (20-30 chapters) happens in about an hour, the same with the exam arcs and any fight, the same with any exam arc, the class A vs B arc (if they were already in 2nd or 3rd it would no longer make sense that Shindo could be put into the hero classes in the future) and so on

2) It would be unnatural to see Deku learning certain things in second or third, the same for several of his classmates, and things like the cultural festival, exams, etc. would become repetitive and things like the end of All Might would lose their weight if after those events happened after one or two years

For all this I think ... that I do not care that everything happened in a year

And if we talk about time One punch man is worse, we already know that from Boros until they fight against God it will take 6 months (or there were 3, I don't remember), and chapter one to the Boros arc does not seem to happen anymore beyond a month
They go through almost 200 chapters and because of the rate at which events happen, I think it can easily reach 400 before entering the arch of God.

Yup, if he did it right, but think about it, the sports festival is basically for the first year, Horikoshi should create at least 20 new characters to have a class that we care about, plus 10 or 20 to appear in the background without that look like generic characters and give some something to develop
No. Horikoshi shouldn't create new characters. He's already shown to struggle keeping up with Class 1-A with 20 kids and Class 1-B already exists yet are very underdeveloped. He should build off of them instead of putting it on newer characters who'd only further divide screen time. Instead of creating new characters and making it harder for the old ones to stand out, he should just keep what he's got and build off them.

I dislike the fact Hori is trying to make it seem like the story focused on an ensemble cast the whole time even though all evidence pointed the opposite direction; he focused on only 5% of all characters in the story. He might even know it to be true yet can't stop himself from manipulating the readers into believing everyone in Class 1-A outside of Deku and like three other kids are very wel developed. And don't get me started on Class 1-B, they were better of not existing.

Also why is this story still stuck in the first year of school? You would think Deku would be a senior at this point right?
Kinda but we'd need more overarching threats to arrive and a lot of events would need to be stretched out and explored more like All Might losing his quirk. The current series of events makes things fit for 1 year. Maybe if AFO revealed himself at like end of year 2/beginning of year 3 where the first year focused on developing class 1-A and the world, and year 2 was more developing more complex villains.

That'd be a slow burner, and I don't think MHA would be quite as successful if it didn't have it's high rises in the first year.

Though it really brings into question why the hell is the Hero commission focusing on the first years and not any of the second or third years? I think the 2nd years took an earlier provisional exam, but that's a maybe at best.

Kinda but we'd need more overarching threats to arrive and a lot of events would need to be stretched out and explored more like All Might losing his quirk. The current series of events makes things fit for 1 year. Maybe if AFO revealed himself at like end of year 2/beginning of year 3 where the first year focused on developing class 1-A and the world, and year 2 was more developing more complex villains.

That'd be a slow burner, and I don't think MHA would be quite as successful if it didn't have it's high rises in the first year.

Though it really brings into question why the hell is the Hero commission focusing on the first years and not any of the second or third years? I think the 2nd years took an earlier provisional exam, but that's a maybe at best.
On the first two points, yes I admit it would be sort of slow but I do think that even in the first year Hori could deliver some interesting content like the sports festival, Pro Heroes fighting Stain while UA students watch and learn during their internships (I'm still salty most of the internships lead to almost nothing), and to even see a handful of second and third year students and what they do for their work studies. It might take like 80-100 chapters for things to really move on to the second year but by then I think the series could have a solid foundation to stand on.

On the last point, yes. I absolutely agree. I don't get why the Hero Commission chose freshmen to be their last legs to stand on when the second year students would, on average, be just about as strong as them in terms of raw biology. Most third year students would already have done their work studies and gained experience on hero work and have had their licenses. I can't imagine that most freshmen would be remotely ready to get involved in a war, they just got in school. And no, Class 1-A doesn't represent all first year students. Why the Hero Commission decided to get in freshmen when like 2/3rds of all students would have been up and ready to go anyways? I don't know.

Back