• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

"(Overhaul was impressed by Deku's speed, claiming that he could only avoid his strikes because they were too easy to predict)"

does anyone have a scan of this?
No and I’m still confused why that’s used. I think it was from bad scans or something.

He does compliment Deku’s speed though, and despite saying he can “see him coming from a mile away,” he can’t dodge fast enough to avoid his Manchester Smash completely and basically loses 2 of his arms. So Deku is faster than him, but at the time, his movements were so stiff that he couldn’t use it to its full potential.

joe4spD.jpg
OvaACJV.jpg

Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed, higher attack speed with Overhaul (20% Deku was unable to properly dodge all his spikes) It is me or does this not make sense?

Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed, higher attack speed with Overhaul (20% Deku was unable to properly dodge all his spikes) It is me or does this not make sense?
His quirk is super-fast, his physical body isn't.

I think the naming with reaction, combat, and attack speed can confuse people though. But in this case, I think combat refers to his physical body while attack refers to his quirk.

Do you guys think All Might or Deku can do Asa Kujaku like Might Guy?

Literally punching so hard and fast that the air catches fire due to the high friction, speed, and force.
lol i mean any character who is like supersonic should be able to do such thing. If you ask me, sure they probably can if they wanted to.

Literally punching so hard and fast that the air catches fire due to the high friction, speed, and force.

Is such a move even possible with super strength? Hirudora is ranked higher and it's basically an air pressure shockwave.
Of course they could. In fact, there have been a couple of times where Deku and All Might have lit surfaces of metal on fire with just pure speed alone.

20% Deku got tagged like twice by Overhaul's spikes.
Although there is the aforementioned Deku being predictable and his mobility in general may be somewhat hampered due to 20% being above what his body could normally use at that time.
But the spikes would still scale.

Deku kicked Overhaul so hard that just GRAZING his arms completely twisted them around and most likely obliterated the bones, Overhaul using overhaul to heal them.

I’m convinced Deku was aiming to kill with that kick. There’s no way Overhaul would’ve survived that blow straight to the head. Would’ve splattered the entire room.

Is such a move even possible with super strength? Hirudora is ranked higher and it's basically an air pressure shockwave.
Isn’t that what Deku did against Flect Turn? Although I guess it’s just artistic liberty.

Where does the quote about Mirko being faster than a supersonic plane come from?
Some of my friends think MHA is like subsonic nearly across the board so I might wanna save that for then.

It’s a cargo plane which are typically subsonic+ I think. Just tell them she scales to High Ends who scale to Hawks who’s called supersonic. Or show them Deku dodging bullets or show them Bakugo reacting to a water jet or show them Edgeshot’s quirk description lol.

Where does the quote about Mirko being faster than a plane come from?
Some of my friends think MHA is like subsonic nearly across the board so I might wanna save that for then.
It comes from this panel I think, in which Best Jeanist wants to arrive at the battlefield in the next 5 minutes, but the pilot says that's not happening since they are not Hawks or Mirko. She also says they are flying are top speed.

Back