• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think the real reason that time feels so weird in MHA is because of how powerful so many characters got so fast. The fact that several teenager's only in the first or second year of pro-hero training have gotten to the point that they're either at pro-hero level or even greater is just weird. Even if the academy they go to is prestigious, it seems weird to have them get to a level that's supposed to take years within the span of a year or less. If the series had more minor timeskips between arcs (like a month or few) I think the power increases would seem more natural and not stick out as much. Not to mention, it also makes the in-universe pacing seem odd. The setting and environment changes so rapidly, yet large portions of the cast don't seem to with it. Our main characters seem to be moving, but most of the supporting ones seem kinda stagnant.
Idk if this has been responded to or not but from an in-universe perspective its not that weird. They make it clear each new generation of quirk users are getting more and more powerful. Todoroki is a perfect example of that. Its safe to assume quirk marriages aren't that uncommon in the verse either to create even more powerful kids.

As for the increase in power, the U.A. students have probably gone through more fighting against dangerous villains than most classes, and considering most pro heroes are really only in it for the money, I doubt they care much about actually improving their skills because why would they? They were in a relatively safe environment and all they had to do was knock out a low level thug or two, flex for the camera, and collect that money. If quirks are just like muscles, then constant progressive overload would force them to evolve and grow in order to keep up with what they have to deal with, and considering how much Class 1-A had to deal with in just a year, I can see why they grew so quickly.

So, you combine the ever increasing generational quirk thing with how much shit 1-A had to go through and I can see why they progressed in strength so much compared to everyone else.

Thats just my opinion tho

Idk if this has been responded to or not but from an in-universe perspective its not that weird. They make it clear each new generation of quirk users are getting more and more powerful. Todoroki is a perfect example of that. Its safe to assume quirk marriages aren't that uncommon in the verse either to create even more powerful kids.

As for the increase in power, the U.A. students have probably gone through more fighting against dangerous villains than most classes, and considering most pro heroes are really only in it for the money, I doubt they care much about actually improving their skills because why would they? They were in a relatively safe environment and all they had to do was knock out a low level thug or two, flex for the camera, and collect that money. If quirks are just like muscles, then constant progressive overload would force them to evolve and grow in order to keep up with what they have to deal with, and considering how much Class 1-A had to deal with in just a year, I can see why they grew so quickly.

So, you combine the ever increasing generational quirk thing with how much shit 1-A had to go through and I can see why they progressed in strength so much compared to everyone else.

Thats just my opinion tho
1) You neglect the fact that by this logic the second and third year students should be just as, if not more, strong than Class 1-A on virtue of the fact that they are of the same generation and have been under work studies for longer. From the Hero Commission's perspective, they would have much more value for hero work than the first-years. Yet for some reason not a single second-year student from U.A. was seen in the War arc and only three third-year U.A. students were brought up. Then you have like dozens of freshmen showing up. This makes zero sense no matter how you spin it.

2) Read MHA Vigilantes then come back and talk to me how Pro Heroes don't go through as much dangerous events as the students.

I have a High Hypersonic+ calc for 5% Deku now

I’m pretty sure the scale is a bit faulty, I need someone to calc it themselves. It’s in the scene where Deku reacted to Bakugou’s flash grenade in Season 3. Since it was point blank, Deku moved his arm like 90 degrees, and nitroglycerin has an initial speed of 7700 m/s.

Nitroglycerin explosions quickly lose their speed as the fireball expand, which is why Bakugo has no Hypersonic+ attack speed in his profile.
Yeah but Deku reacted to the stun grenade almost instantly, so it would moreso be applied to Deku’s reaction speed rather than Bakugou’s attack speed

1) You neglect the fact that by this logic the second and third year students should be just as, if not more, strong than Class 1-A on virtue of the fact that they are of the same generation and have been under work studies for longer. From the Hero Commission's perspective, they would have much more value for hero work than the first-years. Yet for some reason not a single second-year student from U.A. was seen in the War arc and only three third-year U.A. students were brought up. Then you have like dozens of freshmen showing up. This makes zero sense no matter how you spin it.

2) Read MHA Vigilantes then come back and talk to me how Pro Heroes don't go through as much dangerous events as the students.
I didn't neglect anything. Just because you're in work studies for longer doesn't necessarily mean you're pushing yourself. Momo and that one chick were literally just shooting advertisements. Class 1-A had to fight for their lives on multiple occasions and understand what they're up against. Not everyone would have that advantage, some students would skate, some would push themselves.

Also, the students themselves not being seen is a completely separate issue to what I was discussing. We were discussing power. Class 1-A being as strong and prepared as they are compared to the other students makes plenty of sense in my opinion.

And I have, though not completely. I check in every so often but from my understanding Vigilantes takes place in the past, but by how much I'm not sure. I know by the time Deku and company go to school, most crime and hardcore villains are either hiding or arrested. Also, I said most heroes. I didn't say all of them. We saw in the war arc the limit to what some of the heroes would put up with, which is understandable.

I didn't neglect anything. Just because you're in work studies for longer doesn't necessarily mean you're pushing yourself. Momo and that one chick were literally just shooting advertisements. Class 1-A had to fight for their lives on multiple occasions and understand what they're up against. Not everyone would have that advantage, some students would skate, some would push themselves.

Also, the students themselves not being seen is a completely separate issue to what I was discussing. We were discussing power. Class 1-A being as strong and prepared as they are compared to the other students makes plenty of sense in my opinion.

And I have, though not completely. I check in every so often but from my understanding Vigilantes takes place in the past, but by how much I'm not sure. I know by the time Deku and company go to school, most crime and hardcore villains are either hiding or arrested. Also, I said most heroes. I didn't say all of them. We saw in the war arc the limit to what some of the heroes would put up with, which is understandable.
1) Weird how you brought up Momo and Kendo since they were both freshmen and you demonstrated an instance of them not pushing themselves but rather doing other ridiculous labor. Also most of the times Class 1-A were pushed to the brink were less than half of the class. The only time they all did together was in the War arc. Even then, you cannot convince me flat on my face that they would be more valuable than any students who are older than them, for obvious reasons. You also cannot say that older students never went through intense troubles themselves. Mario and Tamaki, third-year students, were also put in dangerous situations especially in the Overhaul arc. The students who are upperclassmen may very well have good experience tacking villains just by extrapolating from these two boys.

2) Nonsense argument. Again, you cannot convince me that freshman would have more experience, especially in combat and communication, than senior students. You also didn't even try to explain why it would have been a logical decision for the Hero Commission to have first-year kids as it's last legs rather than second/third-year students.

3) I brought up MHA Vigilantes in order to disprove your argument that pro heroes are incompetent (at least, relative to Class 1-A.) Most pro heroes, and by "most" I mean just about all of them, were able to display commendable levels of skill in combat, discipline, and communication, more so than most of Class 1-A (don't even bother bringing up Class B.) Whilst it is true that many are ill intentioned in regards to their labor, they do not represent all pro heroes and it was sometimes shown that they remain disciplined regardless of that. Your idea that most pro heroes are incompetent and only "some" are actually good at their jobs is just your headcannon.

1) Weird how you brought up Momo and Kendo since they were both freshmen and you demonstrated an instance of them not pushing themselves but rather doing other ridiculous labor. Also most of the times Class 1-A were pushed to the brink were less than half of the class. The only time they all did together was in the War arc. Even then, you cannot convince me flat on my face that they would be more valuable than any students who are older than them, for obvious reasons. You also cannot say that older students never went through intense troubles themselves. Mario and Tamaki, third-year students, were also put in dangerous situations especially in the Overhaul arc. The students who are upperclassmen may very well have good experience tacking villains just by extrapolating from these two boys.

2) Nonsense argument. Again, you cannot convince me that freshman would have more experience, especially in combat and communication, than senior students. You also didn't even try to explain why it would have been a logical decision for the Hero Commission to have first-year kids as it's last legs rather than second/third-year students.

3) I brought up MHA Vigilantes in order to disprove your argument that pro heroes are incompetent (at least, relative to Class 1-A.) Most pro heroes, and by "most" I mean just about all of them, were able to display commendable levels of skill in combat, discipline, and communication, more so than most of Class 1-A (don't even bother bringing up Class B.) Whilst it is true that many are ill intentioned in regards to their labor, they do not represent all pro heroes and it was sometimes shown that they remain disciplined regardless of that. Your idea that most pro heroes are incompetent and only "some" are actually good at their jobs is just your headcannon.
This mf 💀

Ight, weird how I mentioned it? YOU'RE the one that brought up work studies in the first place. I brought those two up in particular because it shows work studies doesn't necessarily mean you're prepared for war. What does Momo and Kendo potentially have over the other classes? Both had to deal with a serious life or death situation. I'm not going to convince you on anything, I'm simply stating my opinion, you're the one that disagrees, which is fine but I'm under no obligation to convince you.

U.A's big three have handled dangerous situations before, and they were on the battlefield. What's your point?

Nonsense argument? I was explaining why class 1-A probably have stronger quirks than the other classes, and are potentially more prepared. Again, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

I also never said anything about the Pro Heroes competence, but again, a lot of heroes are only in it for the fame or money. Have you not read the past arc or so? Hero society in Japan is basically gone, save for a few, not everyone can handle an actual warzone. The ones that couldn't left. Never did I mention how skilled they are at their jobs, but again, handling a few low level thugs, flexing for the camera and getting that bag doesn't make you prepared for a war.

Just so you know, there's some things that can't be taught, there's a reason most heroes in Japan already quit their job.

This mf 💀

Ight, weird how I mentioned it? YOU'RE the one that brought up work studies in the first place. I brought those two up in particular because it shows work studies doesn't necessarily mean you're prepared for war. What does Momo and Kendo potentially have over the other classes? Both had to deal with a serious life or death situation. I'm not going to convince you on anything, I'm simply stating my opinion, you're the one that disagrees, which is fine but I'm under no obligation to convince you.

U.A's big three have handled dangerous situations before, and they were on the battlefield. What's your point?

Nonsense argument? I was explaining why class 1-A probably have stronger quirks than the other classes, and are potentially more prepared. Again, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

I also never said anything about the Pro Heroes competence, but again, a lot of heroes are only in it for the fame or money. Have you not read the past arc or so? Hero society in Japan is basically gone, save for a few, not everyone can handle an actual warzone. The ones that couldn't left. Never did I mention how skilled they are at their jobs, but again, handling a few low level thugs, flexing for the camera and getting that bag doesn't make you prepared for a war.

Just so you know, there's some things that can't be taught, there's a reason most heroes in Japan already quit their job.
Momo and Kendo were never in a work study together nor was Momo shown be in any work study until like 200 chapters after the fact. They were in an internship with a female pro hero. I forgot her name and quirk so someone should remind me. Nevertheless, their internship with the adult hero cannot be used as an example for how efficient work studies are for the simple fact it wasn't. It was something far more casual and less labor intensive.

For your last two points, the point I tried to bring up to you flew over your head. You should critically review what I said above. I will not say them out loud.

Also calm yourself down. Your impatience is getting unnerving.

Momo and Kendo were never in a work study together nor was Momo shown be in any work study until like 200 chapters after the fact. They were in an internship with a female pro hero. I forgot her name and quirk so someone should remind me. Nevertheless, their internship with the adult hero cannot be used as an example for how efficient work studies are for the simple fact it wasn't. It was something far more casual and less labor intensive.

For your last two points, the point I tried to bring up to you flew over your head. You should critically review what I said above. I will not say them out loud.

Also calm yourself down. Your impatience is getting unnerving.
You're right about the internship, they weren't technically work studies but the whole point of it was to find a hero to work with for the studies and that included showing the students what they would be doing and generally teaching them about the different aspects of the hero work they specialize in. For the snake girl, it's advertisements.

Also, for your last two points, I don't need to read into them more than I already have, nor will I. You're talking about some shit that was never really in my original argument, and a lot of it was either misinterpreting what I said, or simply putting words in my mouth.

I have no idea who you're arguing with, but it certainly can't be me, unless you're simply making stuff up as you go.

I'm not particularly sure if you actually read what I responded to originally, but we were explaining the potential causes for the rapid growth in quirk strength from Class 1-A in a short period of time. All that fluff about so and so being more prepared because of experience wasn't what I was talking about. Todoroki, Bakugo, Deku, Momo, Tokoyami, Kirishima, and Tenya all have quirks that are more powerful than most pro heroes already, even at the start of the series. Them being throw into an actual combat situations on two seperate occasions, combined with the strength of their quirks and how it was already established that the presence of Bakugo and Deku alone push everyone else to become stronger than what they are just further shows that the strength of Class 1-A does make sense, especially compared to some pro heroes and other classes. You wanna get into speculation or debate about why the other classes aren't as strong, you can, and you'll be throwing quite a lot of possibilities out there, but theres a reason for class 1-As strength.

So my idea for Deku would be Hypersonic with High Hypersonic+ reactions with 5%, higher with 8%, and so on

The feat I calced is near baseline MHS, it’s like 31,000 m/s

1A is pretty much viewed as a cohesive superhero team at this point and that's how they functioned in License arc and War arc.

Also the main reason they are talked about is that the students are the "new factor" that heroes have. They also have growing potential power-wise while the older heroes aren't getting any stronger. They won't perform better in the future than in war arc.

Since Hori already said he would focus on the 2nd years, I'm expecting it to be during this arc since the 3rd years already graduated/left school.

Just thinking about how laser fingers, Nine's Air Wall, and Hydra were all in the hands of some fodder heroes before they were stolen.

I think while not everyone is as experienced or great at using their quirks in combat, there are some heroes in the mid ranks and even bottom ranks with really OP abilities.

I think 13 and Pixie Bob are the best examples of this. OP powers but the characters themselves are not that efficient in combat.

If someone like Endeavor had Earth Flow or Black Hole, I still feel they would still get to the #2 hero position.

Hydra from Heroes Rising could easily propel one into Top 10 hero position since it can be used for mobility, attack, and defence.

Just thinking about how laser fingers, Nine's Air Wall, and Hydra were all in the hands of some fodder heroes before they were stolen.

I think while not everyone is as experienced or great at using their quirks in combat, there are some heroes in the mid ranks and even bottom ranks with really OP abilities.

I think 13 and Pixie Bob are the best examples of this. OP powers but the characters themselves are not that efficient in combat.

If someone like Endeavor had Earth Flow or Black Hole, I still feel they would still get to the #2 hero position.

Hydra from Heroes Rising could easily propel one into Top 10 hero position since it can be used for mobility, attack, and defence.
Definitely, you remember that one guy from the PLF War? The guy who I believe Dabi had to kill because his quirk was essentially just hydra? Like if he had just a bit more spacial awareness I’m fairly certain he’d be busted

So just wondering, is there like an interview confirming the 2nd movie being canon? I think I remember seeing it but cant find it so would be great if someone could link it. For now I just use chapter 236 but would be great if I had confirmation from the author or something like that.

At the only tiers, those two could have a proper matchup, I'm pretty sure Zuko has greater AP than Bakugo.
Currently sure, but Bakugou has a 8-A to Low 7-C feat in the movie that will likely be added after it comes out on blu ray

(along with the fact we’re considering scaling Bakugou to 45% Deku)

Back