• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No. Horikoshi shouldn't create new characters. He's already shown to struggle keeping up with Class 1-A with 20 kids and Class 1-B already exists yet are very underdeveloped. He should build off of them instead of putting it on newer characters who'd only further divide screen time. Instead of creating new characters and making it harder for the old ones to stand out, he should just keep what he's got and build off them.
I think you're overreacting.

They're called side characters for a reason. Not every character is integral to the plot. I've been over this countless times. It's not even that big of a deal when you realize that Horikoshi seemingly plans to focus on some of the students from 1-B in this final act. No one ever said that all the 41 of the characters from both 1-A and 1-B needed to be developed fully. That's not the case and it's damn near impossible. That's not how side characters work.

Also why is this story still stuck in the first year of school? You would think Deku would be a senior at this point right?
Hell no. It takes a long time to fully explain a story of this length, hence why you can spend 50 chapters on an event that lasted a day. (cough cough War Arc).

I think the real reason that time feels so weird in MHA is because of how powerful so many characters got so fast. The fact that several teenager's only in the first or second year of pro-hero training have gotten to the point that they're either at pro-hero level or even greater is just weird. Even if the academy they go to is prestigious, it seems weird to have them get to a level that's supposed to take years within the span of a year or less. If the series had more minor timeskips between arcs (like a month or few) I think the power increases would seem more natural and not stick out as much. Not to mention, it also makes the in-universe pacing seem odd. The setting and environment changes so rapidly, yet large portions of the cast don't seem to with it. Our main characters seem to be moving, but most of the supporting ones seem kinda stagnant.

I think the real reason that time feels so weird in MHA is because of how powerful so many characters got so fast. The fact that several teenager's only in the first or second year of pro-hero training have gotten to the point that they're either at pro-hero level or even greater is just weird. Even if the academy they go to is prestigious, it seems weird to have them get to a level that's supposed to take years within the span of a year or less. If the series had more minor timeskips between arcs (like a month or few) I think the power increases would seem more natural and not stick out as much. Not to mention, it also makes the in-universe pacing seem odd. The setting and environment changes so rapidly, yet large portions of the cast don't seem to with it. Our main characters seem to be moving, but most of the supporting ones seem kinda stagnant.
That's part of it all. The villains also aren't completely free from this. It only took just a very short amount of time for them to turn from a weakened, leaderless, faction into a force powerful enough to destroy Japan's hero society and even affect the rest of the world.

So we have 50 chapters left at least
If Horikoshi follows through about his statement on the story's length. Which I heavily doubt he will. He thought that the Sports Festival would only last for a few chapters at most, and look how long that went on.

And in terms of plot points... We have hundreds of chapters worth of material. A hundred chapters at the very least. So no, I don't think this is ending any time soon if Horikoshi doesn't want to rush things.

If Horikoshi follows through about his statement on the story's length. Which I heavily doubt he will. He thought that the Sports Festival would only last for a few chapters at most, and look how long that went on.

And in terms of plot points... We have hundreds of chapters worth of material. A hundred chapters at the very least. So no, I don't think this is ending any time soon if Horikoshi doesn't want to rush things.
we are literally gearing up for the final battle, we do not have any time for those 100 chapters anymore

Detective last chapter:
"The fact that the kid's sitting here in one piece tells us that he's not rigged to blow in case of betrayal the way Nagant was."

Detective this chapter:
"Though it may seem like he's safe and in the clear we can't be sure he's not booby trapped like Nagant."

Detective last chapter:
"The fact that the kid's sitting here in one piece tells us that he's not rigged to blow in case of betrayal the way Nagant was."

Detective this chapter:
"Though it may seem like he's safe and in the clear we can't be sure he's not booby trapped like Nagant."
“He’s not rigged to blow like Nagant” and “he seems safe, but he might be booby trapped like Nagant” are not the same. Sure, he won’t explode, but he might do something else just as bad like turn into a portal or become a mindless drone or instantly have a heart attack and die.

The grammar could be better if the translated added a “still” in his sentence or just said he might have a different trap, but the meaning is generally the same I suppose.

I just hope Horikoshi brings good feats to MHA in the final fight. And really hope it won't be fodder helping in any way. Deku VS Shigaraki all the way. Maybe AFO if he comes up with something.

Also yeah I just hope Horikoshi doesn't rush the series too much. Kind of sad only a year is left. Though since everyone is still a 1st year there maybe be a continuation in the future like others have pointed out.

Back