• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The focus then shifts to the vestige world inside Shigaraki and we see that All for One is almost taking over his body like a parasite. He says that he’s still incomplete, something like 97 or 98%, but Shigaraki's hatred is causing them to become a single being.
This being is neither All for One nor Tomura Shigaraki, a new identity is emerging. The real world Shigaraki then shouts "No!" and shakes his head, Star doesn't understand why his heart hasn't stopped like it was supposed to. She wonders if he is not Tomura Shigaraki.
All for One starts talking through Shigaraki's body, saying that if he hates him, then he needs to hate him even more. It is this hatred that will give rise to "our bright future." Shigaraki's hair comes loose and his eyes turn white. He remembers his home and says that it was in that place that his hatred began to build up. The last panel of the chapter shows a large explosion in the sky, surrounded by black lightning.

I wonder what Star’s limit is. She seems to have a limit, or else why not just touch herself and say “make me a thousand stronger times than All Might in his prime”. She seems able to bend rules of physics but not break them, like an ESPER. Love to see more of her.

Yeah she's beyond screwed now because there's literally nothing she can do in the situation that'll help her stand a chance.
AAcy_cAACds0.jpg
AAcy_cAACds1.jpg

Her Quirk is amazing, not only she can bend the laws of nature, but make herself have All Might levels of strength, I wonder if the rule she keeps activated on herself is "I am as strong as All Might" or something like that.

By the way, she is the same girl young All Might saved in the first movie! They are definitely canon.

Last edited:
Star and Stripes was in Two Heroes!

Also I think people are misunderstanding how her quirk works. She is manipulating rules/laws. It is not word magic.

Saying an unclear statement such as "give me Shigaraki's quirks" or "All Might's strength" does not sound like rule manipulation to me. Just vague magic type thing.

If her ability was vague magic type thing she wouldn't say Shigaraki's heart has to stop. She would simply say "Die" or something but that's clearly not a rule.

A rule implies conditions which to me stands out as she seems to have to make everything clear and precise. She might be able to give herself All Might tier strength but more or less she has to be able to imagine that strength and include that within the conditions. Maybe there are loopholes to create more than one quirk/ability with a single rule but I think if it was possible she would already be doing it.

Last edited:
She can have 2 rules active at once. “Give me a body which can handle all quirks + give me all quirks that exist”.
Neither of those sound like rules. Who is giving her these things? There is no god in MHA verse.

My guess is her power works in a similar manner as Momo's specifically she has to understand and/or create the conditions of her own rules.

So she won't ask for "All Might tier strength". She will make a rough estimate of a high level of strength based on her own knowledge then incorporate that in tbe conditions when she uses the rules.

She's basically like a programmer and the universe is the computer or program. Without her own code, the program isn't gonna make some for her or something as it is not sentient. Unless we have wish granting gods in MHA revealed later.

If she can stop a heart, she should be able to just straight up annihilate someone’s quirk genes, right? Or disable them, like Aizawa. That’s basically an instant win in any fight.

If she can stop a heart, she should be able to just straight up annihilate someone’s quirk genes, right? Or disable them, like Aizawa. That’s basically an instant win in any fight.
That's why I think her power is like Momo's in that she has to understand the concept she is enforcing.

So far in MHA world, the only person with actual scientific knowledge of erasing quirks and quirk genes is Overhaul.

And Aizawa. And scientists. That’s why Aizawa could, y’know, explain how his quirk works and how it’s different from the bullets.

Shigaraki looked terrified at the idea of his heart stopping, so should a weakness be added to his profile? “Attacks that can stop his organs without damage can kill or incapacitate him”??

If S&S have a kid with the guy with the truth quirk (I was originally gonna say Shinso but stop myself after realizing what I was gonna say), that kid can make people give up their name and reduce one of the condition for her quirk

Shigaraki was medically dead when present mic shatter his bathtub, his heart was stopped and presumably so were his other organs, yet he still came back through sheer willpower. If I can come back after having my heart stopped I would still be pretty spooked if some tall buff vampire lady suddenly come up to me and said my heart will magically stop if I approach her. Being afraid/cautious of something doesn't necessarily mean you'll be affected by it.

Shigaraki definitely would have affected by it if not for his personality crisis.

Also, what do you think of the laser attack? It is powerful enough to penetrate & injure Shigaraki showing how powerful it is. This at least shows some modern weapons are still high-tier. I'd say that this is the 2nd weapon after Iron Maidens, that we have seen capable of dealing with high level characters.

Also are we still doing the MHA lasers are not equal to real light thing? Just asking since this is already done with Aoyama's navel laser and now this is the 2nd laser attack within the series.

Shigaraki definitely would have affected by it if not for his personality crisis.

Also, what do you think of the laser attack? It is powerful enough to penetrate & injure Shigaraki showing how powerful it is. This at least shows some modern weapons are still high-tier. I'd say that this is the 2nd weapon after Iron Maidens, that we have seen capable of dealing with high level characters.

Also are we still doing the MHA lasers are not equal to real light thing? Just asking since this is already done with Aoyama's navel laser and now this is the 2nd laser attack within the series.
I doubt a laser from a jet would be light speed.

Also, I think they said even if the laser was light speed it would be an outlier.

Wasn't it an electric shock?
I’m pretty sure it was a bit of both, or AFO was just bullshitting through his teeth and hyping Shigaraki up with his “your hatred brought you back” thing.

Why show an electric shock if it means nothing?

I see it as, the shock restarted his heart, but his sheer hatred made him stand up again. It didn’t literally bring him back to life.

If destroying the brain stops the regen, then it’d make sense that causing unconsciousness through organ failure would also do the same thing. AFO was “alert” about Shigaraki passing out when he took control, afterall.

Even so, it’s clear that passing out is a very big problem for Shigaraki and Nomu alike. Super Regen is stored in the ba- brains, so if the brain goes dark, they have a very big problem on their hands.

Chapter 296, page 15
"Shigaraki had truly died. His rebirth was cut short the moment the equipment was destroyed. That slight zap of electricity-which the nearby X-less didn't even feel himself...wasn't enough to revive Shigaraki. No, what brought him back to life was his dream and his hatred."
This was said by the narrator not AFO

Wasn't shigaraki's head and presumably his brain scorched by endeavour's prominent burn yet still healed even with an imperfect regen. Stopping something and destroying it are 2 entirely different thing

If an electric shock so insignificantly small managed to do ''something", shigaraki might've well be revived by a slight breeze

Electricity loses power over distance, if the initial shock was so puny that the sensory receptors failed to even pick anything up, how would the rest of the nervous system even feel anything. Also I'm sure some heat must've seeped through shigaraki's body and reach his internal organs

Back