• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Light can bend, tho…
Not normally, unless there has something too specific such as some gravitational force that forces the light to bend
1ef6eee6bdba3662a38e703cb579af6268dc599a.gifv

I always figured All Might’s “300 punches, 5 in my prime” was just a white lie to calm the nearby students down. Can’t tarnish the symbol of peace and make it seem he could actually be defeated by random criminals now, can he?
In two heroes the difference between Prime and Embers All Might is like 5x difference which is believable.

Oh is there any reason MHA characters dont scale to Todoroki freezing feats but in other verses (black clover for example) they do scale to others based of those feats.

When has Aoyama’s laser ever bent without being acted upon by a force like Black Hole or Toru?
When he shot them at Nine's group. They bent and curved around to hit them, also when he attempted to shoot them but his stomach gave out on him it kinda just lumps over n fall

Oh is there any reason MHA characters dont scale to Todoroki freezing feats but in other verses (black clover for example) they do scale to others based of those feats.
I think because Black Clover have magic at universal energy system, while Quirks are not really some ''energy'', but more like biology stuff that doesnt apply the same logic to all persons

I think because Black Clover have magic at universal energy system, while Quirks are not really some ''energy'', but more like biology stuff that doesnt apply the same logic to all persons
I gave that as an example because it's the only verse I could think of, but im sure that's not why. It's because of the feat itself, this also applies to demon slayer. One person made this giant ice thing and since some people beat him they scale to that

Also a lot of people seem to miss the fact that All Might also has the lightning, same as Deku. It’s just not seen very often and it’s only when he doesn’t have his complete Chad body (most likely because he’s not containing the full power of OFA).

Please, continue to shill out for Dark Deku, Horikoshi. You will get no complaints here.

Now tell them to make a game for him.

Also, new Sketch dropped. I can hear the dogs barking already.

I think that Mutant lady is gonna play a role in the manga. She’s literally just a civilian yet she’s appeared more often then even some of the teachers

I think that Mutant lady is gonna play a role in the manga. She’s literally just a civilian yet she’s appeared more often then even some of the teachers
She's gonna try to save Deku from All for One and she's gonna shoot a light speed laser which vaporizes 10 mountains and all for one is gonna deflect it with 1% power and then he's gonna blitz it while making it seem as if it was frozen. Then he gotta one shot girl and Deku gonna get a rage boost and one shot 100% AFO

There are still people who think OFA’s power stocker doesn’t enhance quirks. Wild.
On the other hand, there are people who think that the OFA enhanced quirk would be massively stronger than the increased in base stat OFA already provided. Sure a OFA enhanced explosion from Bakugou is technically stronger than a punch from 100% deku, but the difference is so minuscule that it wouldn't matter that much, if OFA was a multiplier than maybe that would be the case

On the other hand, there are people who think that the OFA enhanced quirk would be massively stronger than the increased in base stat OFA already provided. Sure a OFA enhanced explosion from Bakugou is technically stronger than a punch from 100% deku, but the difference is so minuscule that it wouldn't matter that much, if OFA was a multiplier than maybe that would be the case
Oh so multi continental explosions? crazy

Mutant Lady is going to turn out to be a new tier of Nomu: Waifu Tier. The highest tier. They’re disguised as hot women to fool readers into falling for them and then BAM, half the cast dead, time skip, MHA continues on for 20 years with multiple different mangas and movies.

@TimmyTurnero; please try to stay a little bit on topic. Comments like this:

big booty sussy amungus yellow throwing the dump truck back

Aren't a whole lot better than trolling. Your performance on the rest of this thread has already been nearly report worthy. Either stay on topic or step away from the thread for a while, last warning.

Clearly Aoyama’s suit has low level gravity manipulation in order to bend his light. MHA is set in the future afterall.
His suit has fibre-optic cables to refract the light to his shoulders and knees and it is pretty high tech per Hori's words. It was drawn in one of the sketches of the earlier volumes.

What do you mean by conventional durability?
Ordinary durability through simply being strong or having ultra-powerful armor or impenetrable skin and the likes. Or even just a barrier tech.

For unconventional durability, I think Gojo's infinity is one of the best examples since it's based on a concept or law rather than Gojo's muscles and bones simply being too dense or his skin simply being too thick or whatever.

Most hax abilities usually ignore conventional durability but can be countered by durability derived from unconventional means.

Of course it's possible for a character to have an ordinary high durability that even negates hax but for that to be proven, there have to be feats. For example, some versions of Superman have resisted reality manipulation through raw strength alone.

Back