• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

“could keep up with someone”

AKA, “couldn’t land a single hit in until his opponent let him”. Is that what “keeping up” is nowadays?

Someone else can tackle how hilarious that calc is.
Refute it if its hilarious. 5% deku was running then his perception freezes and the objects that were falling behind him froze up. Falling objects have a velocity of 9.8m/s per second.
They were falling for 2 seconds before freezing up.
Then in this frozen perception deku moves so fast that a blur is shown of him and he literally vanishes.
Faster than eye speeds. Nothing hard to comprehend

“could keep up with someone”

AKA, “couldn’t land a single hit in until his opponent let him”. Is that what “keeping up” is nowadays?
No, the opponent couldn’t find an opening to hit the guy and it was shown that rappa was indeed attacking quickly in his perception

“Horikoshi does via several feats before hand and points in the actual lore.”

Then show me. No fan calcs, unless it’s Horikoshi’s fan calc.

”This was simply a lore thing for Mirio, despite being quirkless he will stand to the end. Has nothing to do with speed as he doesnt fail to avoid it.”

Lmao. Imagine him telling that to Eri, “oh, don’t worry, I WANTED to lose my OP power, because fighting quirkless showed just how good my spirit was. Almost got me killed and you taken away if Deku and Aizawa didn’t show up, but hey, things turned out okay!”

He didn’t fail to avoid it because he was already in the way before the trigger was pulled.
I have shown them, several times before hand. “Fan” calcs are entirely valid as its simply quantifying what’s shown to use.
Not sure why you’re pointing out this lore problem that could occur when it doesnt refute my argument at all

Again, someone else can handle that calc. This guy won’t accept anything anyone gives him unless they’re an “official fan calcer” or something.

Show me Fat Gum’s hand moving as the bullet is in flight.
That isnt present but right as its shot we see that fatgums hand is holding his food and down presenting that he wasnt ready for it.
Not only this but as the bullet is shot we actually see fatgum throwing his food up meaning he wasn't blocking beforehand.

Again, someone else can handle that calc. This guy won’t accept anything anyone gives him unless they’re an “official fan calcer” or something.
What else have you gave besides trying to argue they arent even bullet speed? IF you cant even refute a simple argument like that just say that. You tend to this consistently. When you cant refute something you make some form of excuse up. Refute it or dont speak on it

Nomu’s /DIE/ when their /BRAIN/ are destroyed. This has always been the case for every Nomu that has Super Regeneration, the fact that there're 2 other passive emitter quirk shows that it isn't too far fetched that such a rare and powerful quirk like Hyper regen could be passive as well. Hood's head was being burned by endeavour's flame from the inside his mouth, the same flame that can burn cleanly through his torso and arm and unless hood's head is significantly more fireproof than the rest of his body, his brain was definitely damaged yet was still not destroyed enough to stop continuously healing. As for why AFO told shigaraki to stay conscious, what else would he have told him ? To put on a blanket and sleep tight ? Shigaraki was in a war, with an extremely damaged body and less than stellar regen, he never say that if shigaraki passed out regen would stop, it would've been better for shigaraki to stay conscious and plan a retreat than to lay there and let a completely healthy todoroki burn his head off. The series never state that super regeneration was a purely active quirk nor did it state that the quirk would stop if the brain dies/turns off, only if it was destroyed

That isnt present but right as its shot we see that fatgums hand is holding his food and down presenting that he wasnt ready for it.
Not only this but as the bullet is shot we actually see fatgum throwing his food up meaning he wasn't blocking beforehand.
RE: Show me Fat Gum’s hand moving as the bullet is in flight.

Ok, “Bruh”. So super regen is an active quirk that stops when the brain is destroyed. Thanks for agreeing. You can’t show me the brain being destroyed and their quirk still working; you just ASSUME it. AKA, your headcanon argument.

When a Nomu’s brain is destroyed, regen stops.

Show me a Nomu regenerating after it’s brain is destroyed. I’ll wait.

If Super Regen was passive, they would be instantly regenerating the second they’ve been damaged. That clearly isn’t the case. It’s activated.

Ok, “Bruh”. So super regen is an active quirk that stops when the brain is destroyed. Thanks for agreeing. You can’t show me the brain being destroyed and their quirk still working; you just ASSUME it. AKA, your headcanon argument.

When a Nomu’s brain is destroyed, regen stops.

Show me a Nomu regenerating after it’s brain is destroyed. I’ll wait.
You wwre arguing it isnt passive in its entirely, he never agreed to that claim what are you on about?

I shouldn’t expect the guy who thinks people aim dodging Bakugo’s arm swings = them reacting to his explosion speed to send proof of a reaction feat, I guess…

Can you show Fatgum moving at the same speed a bullet is flying? Yes or no?? Simple question, simple answer. If you send anything that isn’t a panel of a bullet flying and Fatgum moving to catch it, it’s a “No”.

I don't understand calcs well so can someone else tell me if this is legit or a wank.

I shouldn’t expect the guy who thinks people aim dodging Bakugo’s arm swings = them reacting to his explosion speed to send proof of a reaction feat, I guess…
Ive shown them reacting to the explosions with even statements from Bakugo saying they dodged. Hell Uraraka seen the arm swing coming and says "here comes to right hook" (She is reacting to the swing) and says she could react to fast enough upon being hit by the blast. She attempted to dodge his explosion. That's not even the only feat, Deku has several instances of dodging these explosions as well with even that class B student doing it point blank range which even Bakugo says he did it

No I ca
Can you show Fatgum moving at the same speed a bullet is flying? Yes or no?? Simple question, simple answer. If you send anything that isn’t a panel of a bullet flying and Fatgum moving to catch it, it’s a “No”.
n't, but ive already given reasoning for hm reacting to it

“Catching minigun bullets in that manner isnt impressive”

Then show me a MHA character doing it. Also, how isn’t it impressive? Also also, he isn’t catching them.
Minigun bullets are much slower than sniper bullets and to deflect them Garou would only have to move his hands a much shorter distance than the bullets themselves, the feat is Subsonic to Transonic at most and I don't know why you are bringing it up.

Show me where Bakugo said the attack is the explosion. :) Pretty sure the entire act is the attack, not just the final move of the act.
The attack is the explosion, his arm swinging is him putting his arms in range, the attack, whats being used to do harm, is the explosion.
Can you even prove its not the explosions since you wanna assert that?

Minigun bullets are much slower than sniper bullets and to deflect them Garou would only have to move his hands a much shorter distance than the bullets themselves, the feat is Subsonic to Transonic at most and I don't know why you are bringing it up.
Can u evaluate my blog

Pretty sure you have to be pretty damn supersonic AT MINIMUM to deflect hundreds of minigun bullets which have the velocity to rip through a treeline.

Here’s even an instance of her using the right hook to dodge the explosion.

She attempted what Deku does.
She see the right hook coming towards her and could have reacted to that but thats not what she was aiming for, she was aiming to dodge the explosion but she couldn’t react to it as stated

The attack is the explosion, his arm swinging is him putting his arms in range, the attack, whats being used to do harm, is the explosion.
Can you even prove its not the explosions since you wanna assert that?
Show me a character dodging his explosion as it’s in motion then, not the swing.

That said, if Bakugo by himself is as good and as fast as his fellow students, and they can outspeed his explosions and dodge them, then what the hell is the point of his explosions? He’s faster than them. Pretty crappy quirk.

Back