• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

“1. Even if that was the case (and I'm not saying that it is) if what equates to a city falling on top of you is enough to kill you then logic dictates that a city + level attack would turn Garou into dust. Lets also not forget that Garou admitted that Metal Bat could potentially **** him up with a direct hit that could barely destroy the side of a building.”

But its not a city falling on you, it’s an entire underground city being ground into a fine mush by one of the strongest beings in the verse. You know what oxygen is and how underground caverns may lack it during a cave in? Metal Bat’s swings before being pumped up can stop Elder Centipede who walks through buildings like they’re made of 1cm thick cheese plains.

”2. Can you prove how fast the bullets were? No? Can you prove how fast the gun fires ei the RPM? Nope
Then it's a garbage feat that gets wanked, as far as I'm concerned Garou has **** all for speed feats. Get over it.”

Ahh yes, the good old “if you can’t calc the feat, then the feat isn’t real” argument. Show me a single character in MHA deflecting minigun bullets without missing a single one. Not to mention other people have already calc’d it.
Catching minigun bullets in that manner isnt impressive

She gone be like "if shigaraki moves even 100 cm then the entire universe will explode and I will become a 10th dimensional being

Stop telling people to "cope" when you post your baseless headcanon in this thread.
Its not baseless head canon so cope harder. Just because yall consider a feat an outlier doesnt mean its headcanon thats just being mean now.
"I dont agree with it so its headcanon" is essentially what youre asserting

Soo.. How does Shigiraki have Flect's quirk? I'm assuming it's just like a quirk that shows up every once in a while on a person and not that rare?

“Catching minigun bullets in that manner isnt impressive”

Then show me a MHA character doing it. Also, how isn’t it impressive? Also also, he isn’t catching them.

Passing out is dangerous because Super Regen appears to an active quirk, not passive. If the brain dies or stops, regen stops. That’s why AFO was telling Shigaraki to not pass out.

“Catching minigun bullets in that manner isnt impressive”

Then show me a MHA character doing it. Also, how isn’t it impressive? Also also, he isn’t catching them.
Why would I need to show someone doing it? The opportunity hasnt popped up for the feat to exist but even 5% Deku has better feats

Passing out is dangerous because Super Regen appears to an active quirk, not passive. If the brain dies or stops, regen stops. That’s why AFO was telling Shigaraki to not pass out.
pretty sure if someone was being jumped by 5 people capable of harming him they shouldnt pass out

Regen stops when the brain is destroyed. They can’t regenerate new heads, because the brain isn’t actively controlling the regeneration.

Unless “quirk genes” are stored entirely in the brain.

So Mirio never got hit by a certain bullet in the series?
WHen he got hit intentionally? WHat's your point? He was capable of blitzing Overhaul who blitz rappa who blitz fatgum who in even a lesser state could react and block a bullet point blank range I hope youre not trying argue they arent even bullet speed... dont make me bring up massively hypersonic+ 5% deku

“Don’t worry guys, I WANTED to get hit by the bullet and lose my quirk forever. I totally could’ve caught it if I, like, wanted to or whatever.”

- Mirio Totaga.

WHen he got hit intentionally? WHat's your point? He was capable of blitzing Overhaul who blitz rappa who blitz fatgum who in even a lesser state could react and block a bullet point blank range I hope youre not trying argue they arent even bullet speed... dont make me bring up massively hypersonic+ 5% deku
"massively hypersonic+ 5% Deku" When did Deku dodge lightning at 5%?

“He could have easily picked eri up then used permeation as he letting warped to her and smiled then sat there”

Only if you pretend he’s “bullet speed”. Horikoshi clearly doesn’t.

A passed out brain is still an active brain. Also you failed to answer both of my questions

A passed out brain is still an active brain. Also you failed to answer both of my questions
I gave an indirect answer.

Nomu’s /DIE/ when their /BRAIN/ stops. So, clearly, damage to the brain is a VERY BIG DEAL, this is further enforced by AFO telling Shigaraki to NOT PASS OUT right after their Vestige Talk with Deku and the other OFA users.

There’s also the fact that Super Regen doesn’t happen instantly all the time, like with USJ Nomu or Hood. They choose to use the quirk.

“He could have easily picked eri up then used permeation as he letting warped to her and smiled then sat there”

Only if you pretend he’s “bullet speed”. Horikoshi clearly doesn’t.
Horikoshi does via several feats before hand and points in the actual lore. This was simply a lore thing for Mirio, despite being quirkless he will stand to the end. Has nothing to do with speed as he doesnt fail to avoid it. He has blitz people who is capable of blitzing other people with that person being capable of blitzing others which, if we allowed this scaling, would reach hypersonic levels of speeds

Hell he blitz someone who could blitz someone who in a weaker state could keep up with someone who could perceive bullets in slow motion to no motion at all

“Horikoshi does via several feats before hand and points in the actual lore.”

Then show me. No fan calcs, unless it’s Horikoshi’s fan calc.

”This was simply a lore thing for Mirio, despite being quirkless he will stand to the end. Has nothing to do with speed as he doesnt fail to avoid it.”

Lmao. Imagine him telling that to Eri, “oh, don’t worry, I WANTED to lose my OP power, because fighting quirkless showed just how good my spirit was. Almost got me killed and you taken away if Deku and Aizawa didn’t show up, but hey, things turned out okay!”

He didn’t fail to avoid it because he was already in the way before the trigger was pulled.

Back