• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's not that people hate Endeavor, it makes no sense for those same people to then treat serial killers and terrorists like Toga and Shiggy like they are redeemable.
The thing is, those guys needed help, they could've been better if they got help at any point, and they are victims of society, a type of person that gets sympathy. Endeavor's an abusive parent, that's not a type of person that gets sympathy.

No she wasn't. She can't bring all those she killed back to life. So punishment for her vile actions that ruined lives of so many people is called Losing freedom now. WOW.

Also it's not about Toga being Redeemable or not, it's about treating Endeavor as Irredeemable while treating a Serial killer with such leniency.
Prisons aren't meant to be about punishment, they're meant to rehabilitate people. You can't just send off a child suffering from serious psychosis and go "you're worthless, rot in hell forever."

I find it very hard to judge people who have reasonable reasons to hate Endeavor. Many people have been abused by their parents or bullied as a child. That becomes a delicate situation, because their reasons for disliking someone are very valid and personal. So I leave them be, their issues are not something I should entertain.

Of course people can take it too far, such as when someone send harassments or threats. That's not acceptable in the slightest, but that's a different issue.

However, the person in the above post by Maverick is likely just a troll/bait, so I don't care about these guys at all. They're just trying to get attention via rage baiting, or maybe it entertains them by watching people get mad. They're obviously ignoring the actual intent of the scene so they can get people angry.

The only way I can see that as serious is if they don't actually watch MHA and just heard about this from somewhere else, but I don't believe that is the case here. I don't think it's enough to lose any hair over it. The current global popularity poll has Endeavor sitting in the Top Ten, it's clear he's very popular as a character.

As long as they aren't harassing anyone, I don't think it's a big enough deal to be bothered by people who dislike Endeavor more than others.

You find similar people against Bakugo as well, yet he's still the most popular character in the entire series. He's likely to win the Global Popularity contest.

The thing is, those guys needed help, they could've been better if they got help at any point, and they are victims of society, a type of person that gets sympathy. Endeavor's an abusive parent, that's not a type of person that gets sympathy.
"Victims of socitey." BS. The only real victims were the people she stabbed. Obv you don't give a shit because we never met them.

"At any point" is just wrong. Once you take a innocent life it's over. Much less Toga who never even once showed a shred of regret over her actions. You can't undo murder. Much less multiple homicides and freaking terrorism.

Prison are primarily meant to separate dangerous people from socitey. No one would be defending Toga if she was a ugly middle aged guy.

LOV killed so many people they make most real life terrorist orgs look like a Joke.

I find it very hard to judge people who have reasonable reasons to hate Endeavor. Many people have been abused by their parents or bullied as a child. That becomes a delicate situation, because their reasons for disliking someone are very valid and personal. So I leave them be, their issues are not something I should entertain.
So they bring their personal bias against Endeavor, but are much less hostile about Serial killers and Terrorist because that's not something they personally relate too.

Yeah that is called "Hypocrisy and Personal Bias"

"Victims of socitey." BS. The only real victims were the people she stabbed. Obv you don't give a shit because we never met them.
Are you human? How can you not comprehend that being treated like a monster for something you can't control since you were a CHILD in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL would leave a person warped in a way that would cause them to fall back into psychosis? Obviously that doesn't excuse their actions, but not even being capable of sympathy for that person is genuinely worrying.
"At any point" is just wrong. Once you take a innocent life it's over. Much less Toga who never even once showed a shred of regret over her actions. You can't undo murder. Much less multiple homicides
Insanity plea exists for a reason.
Prison are primarily meant to separate dangerous people from socitey.
Watch Shawshank Redemption
No one would be defending Toga if she was a ugly middle aged guy.
People like Twice though.

Are you human? How can you not comprehend that being treated like a monster for something you can't control since you were a CHILD in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL would leave a person warped in a way that would cause them to fall back into psychosis? Obviously that doesn't excuse their actions, but not even being capable of sympathy for that person is genuinely worrying.

Insanity plea exists for a reason.

Watch Shawshank Redemption

People like Twice though.
All I'm saying is Dragon Ball fans would never give me this argument if I, as a Piccolo or Vegeta fan, said early Roshi was bad.

All I'm saying is Dragon Ball fans would never give me this argument if I, as a Piccolo or Vegeta fan, said early Roshi was bad.
You are comparing a pervert to a serial killer. Yeah Peaking Tom Unc is somehow being compared to Jeffry Dahmer now.

Not about sympathy, It's about consequence. She needs to face consequences for her actions. If anything, such leniency towards a freaking serial killer more disturbing that anything.

Twice isn't a serial killer and Cannibal, Toga is.

You are comparing a pervert to a serial killer. Yeah Peaking Tom Unc is somehow being compared to Jeffry Dahmer now.

Not about sympathy, It's about consequence. She needs to face consequences for her actions. If anything, such leniency towards a freaking serial killer more disturbing that anything.

Calling Toga a cannibal is a little unfair when her Quirk literally requires blood to function and outright gives her a strong compulsion to drink it. It's not like she's actually eating these people.

Bro, Roshi isn't just a "peeping tom" guy, he's touching kids. And actually, I'm comparing Roshi to Endeavor, and Vegeta to a serial killer.
Who said leniency? Insanity plea exists for a reason. If someone commits an act due to violent tendencies created by symptoms of psychosis, and no longer demonstrate those symptoms after being helped with their psychosis, and they no longer demonstrate violent tendencies, they are not a threat anymore.
Toga doesn't eat people, her Quirk literally gives her the desire to consume blood, which can also be animal blood. Her parents saw her bring them a dead bird and go "this is pretty, huh?" and, as parents, should have been like "hey, honey, we don't play with dead animals, you can get really sick," but instead they went "you're a monster and I think you love killing things and drinking their blood, go to Quirk Conversion Therapy, suppress your personality instead of actually addressing the issue." Then, in elementary school, she drank some blood from one of her friends who got injured for a reason unrelated to her, and they went "you're literally not human, 10-year-old, we hate you and you deserve to die." Then, presumably around age 14, she saw blood and went ****** bonkers on a dude with a box cutter because she'd been suppressing herself for nearly a decade. Child Protective Services could have fixed this.

When it comes to murderers like Toga, you can be sympathetic with them when looking at how they came to be, but you can't excuse their actions.
Well, that's the thing, I already said that.
All there is to it, it's that simple. They are forever stained with the blood of their victims, but you can understand them to try and help out others so that they don't fall into the same life.
That's real, but, if the person is no longer a threat, they're no longer a threat. If they no longer exhibit violent tendencies, and previously did due to psychosis, and actively exhibit remorse for there actions... look, they did their time, they're on their meds now, the only thing left is to help them atone.

Well, that's the thing, I already said that.
Yeah, I did, just giving my two cents
That's real, but, if the person is no longer a threat, they're no longer a threat. If they no longer exhibit violent tendencies, and previously did due to psychosis, and actively exhibit remorse for there actions... look, they did their time, they're on their meds now, the only thing left is to help them atone.
As tragic as it may be, a few years in prison is not going to cut it. No, they're going to have to be there for a very long time. For all the people they have hurt, for all the people they have taken the life from. While prison is a place of rehabilitation, or at least it should be, it's also an apt punishment for the misery brought upon others.

Yeah, I did, just giving my two cents

As tragic as it may be, a few years in prison is not going to cut it. No, they're going to have to be there for a very long time. For all the people they have hurt, for all the people they have taken the life from. While prison is a place of rehabilitation, or at least it should be, it's also an apt punishment for the misery brought upon others.
Yeah, but I think the prisons they have in MHA aren't helping anyone. Being locked up in a straitjacket with guns pointed at you and having food shoveled into your mouth is just going to make you worse. I feel like you do some time in prison, but not one of the messed up ones, take your meds, then get a lot of community service in there, and that'll be a good start.

Yeah, but I think the prisons they have in MHA aren't helping anyone. Being locked up in a straitjacket with guns pointed at you and having food shoveled into your mouth is just going to make you worse. I feel like you do some time in prison, but not one of the messed up ones, take your meds, then get a lot of community service in there, and that'll be a good start.
Oh for sure, the prisons in MHA are not the best. Hell, it's named Tartarus right? Not the best impressions right off the bat, lol.

Some villains SHOULD be put down. AFO? Yeah, just kill him, gun to the head, drop his ass. Muscular? That dude just wants to murder toddlers. He's in his 30s and still trying to kill kids, it's not due to a personality disorder, you can't fix it with therapy or medication, he just wants to torture people to death, and he's not going to stop, give him the chair. Kurogiri? Keep him locked up, but let him out within the week once his problem is fixed, Wukong-looking guy's still in there. Stain? That's the most neutral guy out there, I guess you gotta lock him up for a while, he'd probably get parole for good behavior. Gentle Criminal? That guy's fun, he did his time, let him go.

Some villains SHOULD be put down. AFO? Yeah, just kill him, gun to the head, drop his ass. Muscular? That dude just wants to murder toddlers. He's in his 30s and still trying to kill kids, it's not due to a personality disorder, you can't fix it with therapy or medication, he just wants to torture people to death, and he's not going to stop, give him the chair. Kurogiri? Keep him locked up, but let him out within the week once his problem is fixed, Wukong-looking guy's still in there. Stain? That's the most neutral guy out there, I guess you gotta lock him up for a while, he'd probably get parole for good behavior. Gentle Criminal? That guy's fun, he did his time, let him go.
Bro tried to sneak Stain in there as neutral

Bro tried to sneak Stain in there as neutral
I mean neutral in terms of how much of a threat he is compared to other crimnals. Technically, he's only going after people who are abusing the Hero system, it's just that he thinks of someone becoming a hero just because it's a job as abusing the system, which is an incorrect position. Mostly, I mean EoS Stain, who's willing to help out, in EoS society, where only people who actually want to help are becoming heroes. He'd still be ******* up, and he should be in prison, but he's not as bad as someone who's just killing people for no reason. He's neutral amongst supervillains.

I mean neutral in terms of how much of a threat he is compared to other crimnals. Technically, he's only going after people who are abusing the Hero system, it's just that he thinks of someone becoming a hero just because it's a job as abusing the system, which is an incorrect position.
Yeah see that's what I'm talking about. He's so god damn. And he killed them for that? Did he kill them or was it just seriously maim? Either way it's very despicable, to do that to heroes who despite seeing hero work as just a job, aren't bad people in the end. Just cause they aren't like All Might in his eyes.
Mostly, I mean EoS Stain, who's willing to help out, in EoS society, where only people who actually want to help are becoming heroes. He'd still be ******* up, and he should be in prison, but he's not as bad as someone who's just killing people for no reason. He's neutral amongst supervillains.
I mean it doesn't really matter anymore. He doesn't really have a head upon his shoulders to think about it, yohohoho.

Yeah see that's what I'm talking about. He's so god damn. And he killed them for that? Did he kill them or was it just seriously maim? Either way it's very despicable, to do that to heroes who despite seeing hero work as just a job, aren't bad people in the end. Just cause they aren't like All Might in his eyes.
Actually, forget what I said. He was targeting people who wanted to be heroes for WEALTH, FAME, POWER. GOLD ROGER OBTAINED-

Basically, he started giving speeches about how bullshit the system was, and when no one listened, he thought "Ah! Diplomacy is not a thing I can use to change the system due to my lack of power! Yes, father, I shall become a bat!"

Also his parents died.

At first, he was basically just killing supervillains. That's not good, but the people he was taking out were Yakuza members with superpowers, and he made sure to minimize the fighting, so it's not like he was cutting down jaywalkers. Still bad, not incredibly bad. He also saved Crawler and declared Knuckle Duster a hero, so there's some good in there.

Then he attacked Kuin, who I don't think is human, so that's ok.

After that, Knuckle Duster's words were misinterpreted, and he decided to take out any hero who was only in it for themselves, in an attempt to get people to understand the problem. His ideology? Correct. His methods? Not so.

After that, Knuckle Duster's words were misinterpreted, and he decided to take out any hero who was only in it for themselves, in an attempt to get people to understand the problem. His ideology? Correct. His methods? Not so.
His ideology is not correct at all, he's clearly deranged. People wanting reward for their work is never treated as a bad thing in universe. Only Stain acts like that.

He wants people to work themselves to the bone like All Might and desire no reward. He doesn't care how unhealthy that life-style is, look at All Might. He had nothing, his only friend was a policeman he met after defeating All For One. Imagine if Horikoshi kept him as a spy for AFO, All Might would have no friends.

He didn't gain connections until he met Izuku and became a teacher. Which has nothing to do with Stain's opinion or belief on what makes someone a hero.

Tensei's only motivation was to help people, because he thought that was the coolest. His public motto is to rescue people as quickly as possible and to have solid teamwork. Yet despite that Stain saw him as a fake hero and crippled him for life, despite all of the good he's done.

Tensei was a true hero, he was one of the most kindest men in the series. Stain doesn't care to actually check if these people are "true heroes", he just takes anyone not named All Might down. Only letting Izuku and Shoto go because they showed promise the second they appeared in front of him.

Basically, if you don't instantly impress Stain you're a weak fake hero that needs to be culled. Tensei's first words probably weren't All Might level so he got cut down.

Note: He let Tomura go as well. Tomura was still growing and his convictions weren't fully realized, Stain wanted to see what he'd grow into. Though he admits he may have to kill him in the future, he still just casually let a villain go because they both agreed on destroying the present society.

The series never showed us money grubbing Heroes being a problem. No, I don't count the mass retiring of Heroes from the All-Out War aftermath as this. These people were not trained or prepared to deal with the entire country shutting down and having all of the civilians hate them for not stopping it.

While I understand your frustration, the world isn't that black and white which is like the entire point of MHA. There is of course a very loud minority of people who think Toga should have been forgiven outright and had all of her crimes forgotten about and be given a happy ending, but such an idea is not conveyed by the majority of people who empathize with her nor the series itself. The core theme of the major final saga fights was coming to understand the circumstances that created these "villainous monsters". What we find, through examining the backstories of these villains and their relation to their heroic counterparts, is that their main issue oftentimes is much greater than some mere cartoonish-ly evil brain chemical from birth. Izuku and Uraraka both conceded this in their encounters with Muscular, Toga, and Shigaraki. Even Todoroki does in his fight with Dabi. The central idea to understand here is that the way society is set up DOES have the potential to contribute to the development of bad apples and villains. Denying this is just denying a fact of human experience, nature vs nurture. Again this does not mean that a bad society excuses these actions, and very few people actually argue this. Instead, it means that maybe a critical eye should be taken to the world to examine the root causes of things like villainy. The second to final chapter of the series solidifies this point pretty well. (Of course, there are flaws with how MHA tackled this theme, but the idea is still not entirely lost)

Honestly, there are even arguments to be made that the hero ranking system, a part of society, also contributes to the creation of people like Endeavor and by extension Dabi. It was a pretty big critique of MHA at the very end, that the system remained. Again acknowledging these things doesn't excuse nor remove the responsibility from people like Endeavor and Dabi for their actions, but it puts it into a perspective that allows for growth rather than stagnation.

Last edited:
His ideology is not correct at all, he's clearly deranged. People wanting reward for their work is never treated as a bad thing in universe. Only Stain acts like that.
I was under the impression that he was against people that thought they inherently deserved a reward for helping people, not those that were good either way but preferred getting payed.

Calling Toga a cannibal is a little unfair when her Quirk literally requires blood to function and outright gives her a strong compulsion to drink it. It's not like she's actually eating these people.
Consuming a part of a human is cannibalism.

Also she isn't a vampire who needs blood to live. She would be perfectly healthy even if she never consumed blood. Also why is only Toga affected by this compulsion, Mina doesn't melt everyone she sees, does she now.

Forty ******* murders. Stain deserves the chair.

I don't believe in fate. Killing an innocent toddler when giving him a good home and protection could prevent his life from being ruined makes you a monster.

And if you think Shigaraki is comparable to Hitler, you did not read WW2.
One wanted to kill specific races, the the other is out to destroy the planet.

Finally saw some of the leaked clips of the final fight.

FINALLY I can say that Deku knows all the techniques All Might does and can use every smash he has. Oklahoma smash alone is good since he can make tornadoes by spinning.

Also Deku beat the HECK out of “Dark Might”, full on Smash combos was badass. Todoroki and Bakugo were also going crazy, the level of wide spread destruction when they don’t have to worry about civilians is intense. Then he went “final boss” mode and still got cooked by the trio.

Deku didn’t seem to go “full power,” with the glowing eyes or use many Quirks other than Float, Blackwhip and Fa Jin once. But his final move was literally ripping bros body parts off with AIR PRESSURE and then drop kicked him so hard he split the entire mountain sized ship in half. Deku was by far the strongest one there when he got serious, even moving Todoroki around with Blackwhip to dodge while charging up a Faux 100%.

Combat sequences all look insane, hyped to see it

“I’ll be using Midoriya… at least till the end of the first war arc”

Proceeds to use Dark Hero Arc Deku ☠️

Also, I thought I’d just re-share this in case anyone still hasn’t seen it yet:

Back