• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Forgot about that one, I'd honestly be surprised if them getting rid of that even reaches above Large Country though tbh
I'm getting 4.9 Petatons of TNT assuming a 5 second timeframe (High 6-A), even a 10 second timeframe would be over 1 Petatons, which is 6-A.

I'm only using a thickness of 1300 meters as well and I'm certain the storm is thicker than that.

Obviously this only accounts for if they blow the entire thing away, not just part of it.

I would be more than happy if we get 6-B to low High 6-A. That seems like a proper place for the verse to be, no moon busting or “I will destroy the planet with this attack!!!” statements please, heroes caring about the environment when they fight is something I actually enjoy.
So what you're saying is... the moon is fair game?

But yeah I pretty much agree, heck I can live without High 6-A and will settle for another 6-B feat. I believe the most likely chance is that nothing happens and the clouds just clear up suddenly when the fights over to show how the sun has risen and the danger has passed and all that jazz.

That's probably why the cloud feats can be so big, not really in character for Izuku to wipe out an entire city or multiple, even if they're empty.

I would be more than happy if we get 6-B to low High 6-A. That seems like a proper place for the verse to be, no moon busting or “I will destroy the planet with this attack!!!” statements please, heroes caring about the environment when they fight is something I actually enjoy.
Yeah, but Shiggy explicitly wants to destroy everything, he doesn't have much restriction.

So what you're saying is... the moon is fair game?

But yeah I pretty much agree, heck I can live without High 6-A and will settle for another 6-B feat. I believe the most likely chance is that nothing happens and the clouds just clear up suddenly when the fights over to show how the sun has risen and the danger has passed and all that jazz.

That's probably why the cloud feats can be so big, not really in character for Izuku to wipe out an entire city or multiple, even if they're empty.
I mean if Horikoshi has them jump to the moon and punch holes in it I’m not gonna stop him
Yeah, but Shiggy explicitly wants to destroy everything, he doesn't have much restriction.
He mainly does so through decay rather than power, but if he decides “yeah I’m gonna nuke the planet,” and makes some weird giga cannon with all his quirks then I could accept that.

I'm getting 4.9 Petatons of TNT assuming a 5 second timeframe (High 6-A), even a 10 second timeframe would be over 1 Petatons, which is 6-A.

I'm only using a thickness of 1300 meters as well and I'm certain the storm is thicker than that.

Obviously this only accounts for if they blow the entire thing away, not just part of it.
Now let's wait for there to be a 1 frame timeframe in the anime S&S feat

Yeah, honestly thats where I place my mha fan fic's max power at with adult deku after 31 years post BoS

Adult Deku could have a movie where he shatters timelines and is a multiversal+ hero fighting god for all I care, but for what the series is building up, I would rather not have anything too crazy ESPECIALLY if it’s something that causes irreparable damage to the earth but never gets mentioned
Yeah it's always weird/funny whenever non sci-fi series (or just series bounded to a planet) could have a humongous chunk of the planet be destroyed or ruined by a character and they just...kinda gloss over it.

Yeah it's always weird/funny whenever non sci-fi series (or just series bounded to a planet) could have a humongous chunk of the planet be destroyed or ruined by a character and they just...kinda gloss over it.
MCU has a part of a almost earth size giant's hand and head sticking out of most of one of Earth's major oceans and its just never made a big deal of😭😭

Yeah but not once I have seen Damage agreeing with anything other than crt for lower results. There is a world of difference between not agreeing with everything and disagreeing with everything. Be it blocking the discussion of an ability before the story has even ended (which shouldn't even be allowed considering it could new feats) or the countless times I have seen him in calcs rejecting them or lowballing for non valid reasoning,

Last edited:
Yeah but not once I have seen Damage agreeing with anything other than crt for lower results. There is a world of difference between not agreeing with everything and disagreeing with everything.
I'd assume that downgrades are easier to read over and more likely to make sense. It's easier to find holes than to fill them up.

Yeah but not once I have seen Damage agreeing with anything other than crt for lower results. There is a world of difference between not agreeing with everything and disagreeing with everything. Be it blocking the discussion of an ability before the story has even ended (which shouldn't even be allowed considering it could new feats) or the countless times I have seen him in calcs rejecting them or lowballing for non valid reasoning,
You just can't handle Top D

I've been here for years. In that time I've agreed and proposed upgrades too. It's just that most commonly the times when I spot an issue is when it is with an upgrade as upgrades tend to be the more frequent type of revisions proposed.

I'm still stuck on the All Might laser.

It's literally powered by a regular powerplant with regular electricity and called an "Alternating Current Powered Lamp". That's even the name of the chapter.

Does a laser beam have to be outright called Lightspeed to be considered one?

If so, why is it only lasers cause I'm seeing folks use stuff like electromagnetic waves to push other verses to Lightspeed yet it was never stated those waves were Lightspeed.

I'm still stuck on the All Might laser.

It's literally powered by a regular powerplant with regular electricity and called an "Alternating Current Powered Lamp". That's even the name of the chapter.

Does a laser beam have to be outright called Lightspeed to be considered one?
Because none of that means anything, I don't get why it would. Being powered by electricity isn't proof or else a large number of sci-fi lasers would just be lightspeed.

Alternating Current, that's a type of electrical current, in which the direction of the flow of electrons switches back and forth at regular intervals or cycles. Powered Lamp doesn't mean anything either since it's not a desk lamp, it's a giant "f" you laser beam. None of that means the beam moves at the speed of light.

Having a statement of it being lightspeed or a statement of it being made of photons would be needed. Of course non supernatural reflections are good as well.

Other verses are irrelevant, two wrongs don't make a right, assuming they shouldn't be lightspeed.

If you read our standards you'll understand how we work. Now, I can't make you agree with them but at the least you'll see how we operate here.

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or... (All Might uses an Optic Resin to protect himself from it, that might be a little of something)
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror. (Nope)
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources. (Nope, this is a big one)
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source. (Nope)
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera. (Not even close)
As you can see, it doesn't look good from what I know about this laser.

Because none of that means anything, I don't get why it would. Being powered by electricity isn't proof or else a large number of sci-fi lasers would just be lightspeed.

Alternating Current, that's a type of electrical current, in which the direction of the flow of electrons switches back and forth at regular intervals or cycles. Powered Lamp doesn't mean anything either since it's not a desk lamp, it's a giant "f" you laser beam. None of that means the beam moves at the speed of light.

Having a statement of it being lightspeed or a statement of it being made of photons would be needed. Of course non supernatural reflections are good as well.

Other verses are irrelevant, two wrongs don't make a right, assuming they shouldn't be lightspeed.

If you read our standards you'll understand how we work. Now, I can't make you agree with them but at the least you'll see how we operate here.

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or... (All Might uses an Optic Resin to protect himself from it, that might be a little of something)
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror. (Nope)
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources. (Nope, this is a big one)
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source. (Nope)
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera. (Not even close)
As you can see, it doesn't look good from what I know about this laser.
I could literally say that for every laser in a magical series. Not to mention Deku dodges laser that meet all of those criteria's in World Heroes mission. Most of the time a story won't give you exact speeds. Because that's not really a thought for the writer. Laser = Light speed so an author puts laser in his feats to show that the character is fast.

In powerscaling I believe narrative is far more important than logic or science as the entire point of "Fiction" revolves around ignoring both of those restrictions.

Plus you can get Deku to FTL with Lady Nagant's bullet speed and using that speed to calc when he saves Chisaki. Which is one more thing, Calc use for projectiles should be allowed. Especially for something like a gun.

I could literally say that for every laser in a magical series.
No you could not.
Not to mention Deku dodges laser that meet all of those criteria's in World Heroes mission. Most of the time a story won't give you exact speeds. Because that's not really a thought for the writer. Laser = Light speed so an author puts laser in his feats to show that the character is fast.
Or they do it because lasers are cool looking. Or because they can ignore durability with it, so it's scary if it hits.
Plus you can get Deku to FTL with Lady Nagant's bullet speed and using that speed to calc when he saves Chisaki. Which is one more thing, Calc use for projectiles should be allowed. Especially for something like a gun.
Calc stacking.

I could literally say that for every laser in a magical series. Not to mention Deku dodges laser that meet all of those criteria's in World Heroes mission. Most of the time a story won't give you exact speeds. Because that's not really a thought for the writer. Laser = Light speed so an author puts laser in his feats to show that the character is fast.

In powerscaling I believe narrative is far more important than logic or science as the entire point of "Fiction" revolves around ignoring both of those restrictions.

To me it sounds like you just want Deku to be FTL.

Those kinda fans caused ever lasting damage to MHA and people's perception fo Deku😭😭😭 like what is that shit
Nah but fr😭
20240102_231827.jpg

Back