• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I've always viewed Nana as comparable to someone like Mirko - strong enough to temporarily hang with the top tiers but still with some visible differences and weaknesses.

I was thinking more like, that's the level of power he was using against her and he's clearly hit her before.

And from what All Might said he's likely been spamming that level of attack until he wore her down.
Her arm was also intact enough for AFO to cut it off. Based on how it looks, I think one can confirm that at least her body wasn't obliterated by that final explosion that she was in the middle of.

Was not expecting a chapter this early, I was planning on waiting until Friday morning until I checked.

Shinomori purposefully let himself get taken so no one else would get stolen. If he got Gear Shift the battle would've been over.

Izuku can stack Fa Jin + Gear Shift on Blackwhip for ranged attacks, but Shiggy can avoid it thanks to Danger Sense. En is thinking they should run, sounds like he believes they can't beat him and should wait another "turn" or something.

Bad idea since Shiggy isn't AFO and wants to kill them, and he can always find Izuku no matter where he is. Running away is not an option anymore.

Nice to see Shiggy using Danger Sense and people can shut up about it not working because Izuku wants to save him. Danger Sense doesn't activate with killing intent only, it's any kind of malicious intentions period. Izuku still has full intention of hurting/injuring him.

Toga is an anomaly because she doesn't recognize what she was doing as harmful, she was doing it out of love. Normal citizens who wanted Izuku to leave also set off Danger Sense like crazy, despite the fact none of them where going to hurt him or wanted to harm him. They just had a lot of hatred towards him.

Also, Izuku using Blackwhip as a cage to increase his defensive is really clever and I'm glad were seeing more use from this Quirk.

Getting knocked to MT Fuji isn't all that impressive. The prefecture they are in is the same one that MT Fuji is located, in fact we saw Fuji last chapter, using angular scaling they're over 19+ km away from it. Using a timeframe of 5 seconds that places them at Mach 11.

If use a real map since they're right on the coast and Horikoshi is likely not drawing this perfectly to scale, I get 24.98 km or basically 25 km, that's Mach 14.

Interesting, is Shigaraki using Decay through his feet like people, wrongly, thought he could do back in the Meta Liberation Army Arc? It could be another Quirk but that looks like a decay wave traveling behind him, yet he's not touching the ground at all. And I like the fact he's calling back to Spinner, shows that this really is Shigaraki.

Shigaraki and Izuku are both correct. While Shigaraki isn't the same crying little boy anymore, that doesn't mean he isn't human and it doesn't define him. Regardless of the crimes they've committed, it's on them to recognize the fact that villains are still human beings. That's the very least Izuku and others can do for them.

The ending moment is interesting. Izuku might not have been using 100%, since his gauntlet breaks off and he's wrapping his arm in Blackwhip like last time. I'm curious if Horikoshi will tell us what percentage he was using beforehand.

Nice chapter to leave this year on.
I think they were 40km away in Shizouka prefecture. Time frame is impossible to deduce till the anime comes out.

I think they were 40km away in Shizouka prefecture. Time frame is impossible to deduce till the anime comes out.
No they aren't period, we know exactly where they are.

They're at the coast and we can even visibly see Mount Fuji before Izuku gets sent flying.

The timeframe is irrelevant, it'd have to be FAR less than 1 second for it to matter.

Use spoiler tags when discussing leaks.

39a94f26efb0cc75e1c1c35510dc48827bd6ff136a11465a36ee60e28553cd51_1.jpg

End of the war arc be like

Well lads, looks like we’ll be ending the year with MHA at the strongest it’s ever been, breaking into High 6-B territory through the main man Deku with potential to be even higher as the final fight begins.

This year has been outstanding in terms of fights, art quality, story, character and so on. The fact we once thought the Manga would be over by now goes to show how much more there is to tell, even if the finale seems ever closer in sight.

Here’s to another year of MHA and a hopefully wonderful ending. So pre-emptively: Happy New Years!

MHA's War Arc has been peak in it's entirety if you read the whole thing all at once, it's just the pacing via the weekly release and people not liking that the good guys don't want to kill villains in a superhero manga where they actively want to save people... Also typical Shonen complaints like "No one's dying!" and "Random powerup BS" and "Why are we focusing on these boring ass side characters?" and "The MC is so stupid for not wanting to just kill the guy who he is struggling to fight and is practically impossible to kill cause he has regeneration, super durability, and countless resistances"

Yeah...

MHA's War Arc has been peak in it's entirety if you read the whole thing all at once, it's just the pacing via the weekly release and people not liking that the good guys don't want to kill villains in a superhero manga where they actively want to save people
AGREE
"No one's dying!"
A buuunch of people be dying or being torn apart.
"Random powerup BS"
I love random powerup BS.
"Why are we focusing on these boring ass side characters?"
I love these boring-ass side characters.

Over 3 hours ago an Earthquake of over 7+ magnitude hit Japan, around Noto at the Ishikawa Prefecture. A Tsunami warning is in effect across the coast of Japan, NHK and Japan's Prime Minister are urging people in the area to evacuate at once. They're warning of waves potentially as high as 5 meters or 16.5 feet.

The Earthquake was so strong that people on the other side of Japan's mainland from where it hit were able to feel it, I heard even people in Tokyo had felt it. Strong seismic activity is expected for the next week and especially tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

It's too early for me to understand anymore but I pray for the people of Japan who are living in the effected areas. I've just woken up, but I did wake up a earlier a few hours before the Earthquake before going back to sleep. It scares me to know how quickly your entire life can be changed in a instant and have no advance warning.

I really hope those in the effected areas remain safe during such a heartrending moment.

Over 3 hours ago an Earthquake of over 7+ magnitude hit Japan, around Noto at the Ishikawa Prefecture. A Tsunami warning is in effect across the coast of Japan, NHK and Japan's Prime Minister are urging people in the area to evacuate at once. They're warning of waves potentially as high as 5 meters or 16.5 feet.

The Earthquake was so strong that people on the other side of Japan's mainland from where it hit were able to feel it, I heard even people in Tokyo had felt it. Strong seismic activity is expected for the next week and especially tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

It's too early for me to understand anymore but I pray for the people of Japan who are living in the effected areas. I've just woken up, but I did wake up a earlier a few hours before the Earthquake before going back to sleep. It scares me to know how quickly your entire life can be changed in a instant and have no advance warning.

I really hope those in the effected areas remain safe during such a heartrending moment.
2024 literally just started and it’s already going to shit

Last edited:
Back