• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Dang, Deku is looking mature as hell in this chapter, he's finally started taking damage. NGL, I'm surprised Deku wasn't even been using 100% Full Cowling before this moment, I thought he must have been considering how strong he was, but nah. Apparently only 45% OFA+Fa Jin+Gearshift is enough to stomp an above Prime All Might level opponent. Shigaraki is also on that demon time acting like twitter and every hater online. Actively insulting Deku for thinking Shigaraki has any humanity within him. I feel like people really don't get it tho. People saying Deku should just kill Shigaraki are actively ignoring the fact that Deku is struggling to even fight Shigaraki... Like guys, killing him is pretty hard. Deku trying to weaken or appeal to Shigaraki in any way is a strategy to try and get the W cause straight up killing this absolute monster is incredibly difficult

Deku and Shigaraki definitely living up to their strongest titles

My fanfiction about smokescreen is insane but I know Hori will never do something like that.

Looks like Deku is about to truly go 100% and if that stacks with Fa Jin and Gear Shift, it's gonna be downright insane. It will be like 200% OFA or some shit.

Also Deku in this chapter is still easily slicing Shigaraki's fingers so either Shigaraki's durability is still compromised after molting or Deku's AP is still >>>> Shigaraki

I guess you can’t tell if Shigiraki tanked it or just regenerated from it.

But I personally think that Shigiraki w/Quirks > Overdrive Deku
He is still getting his fingers sliced off by what I'm assuming is Deku himself just using his own fingers like a blade Omni-Man style.

It's either that or Black Whip being used as a blade. Either way, that would still put his durability below what Deku is capable off.

He is still getting his fingers sliced off by what I'm assuming is Deku himself just using his own fingers like a blade Omni-Man style.

It's either that or Black Whip being used as a blade. Either way, that would still put his durability below what Deku is capable off.
I say his body and head are more durable then any other parts of him

I mean it's basically common knowledge that fingers are weaker than the body and head

This was true even back in the My Villain Academia Arc, where Redestro easily destroyed Shigaraki's fingers, but couldn't do that much damage to Shigaraki's body and head

I mean it's basically common knowledge that fingers are weaker than the body and head

This was true even back in the My Villain Academia Arc, where Redestro easily destroyed Shigaraki's fingers, but couldn't do that much damage to Shigaraki's body and head
Deku himself is still cutting them with presumably his own body. That would at least put Deku's physical strength above Shiggy's durability.

Also right now
when Shiggy attacks Deku, he is using multiple unnamed quirks shooting from his palms+his physical strength+ what looked like the AFO speed/power boosting quirk that had rings. Deku on the other hand only blocks with a Black Whip cocoon and his own body and all he gets from this is some bleeding from the head. Plus the end of the chapter basically confirms that Deku was at 45% all along. It is now that he will start using 100% OFA.

Ok so...

Prime All Might~Quirkless Shigaraki (Directly stated to have the same durability and raw power as Prime All Might)<Flesh Armor Shigaraki (More durable than before and more powerful than before)~OFA 45%+Fa Jin Deku (Tanked attacks and through around Flesh Armor Shigaraki)<<<OFA 45%+Fa Jin+Gearshift Deku (Bullied Flesh Armor Shigaraki)~Shigaraki with Quirks (Directly shown to be comparable to this Deku)

Now we're gonna see 100% OFA power in combination with these Quirks, the scale is gonna get that much higher. This is hilarious for folks who still thought Bakugo and AFO were relative to current Deku and Shigaraki. It's very clear the new Symbol of Peace and Terrors are on a completely different level

Parallels
OmHBEhX.jpg

1c2oIz6.png

The fact Deku was holding back the entire time he annihilated Evolved ShigAFO is kinda crazy. I really thought he was already at 100% given his design and the fact he’s thrashing a Prime All Might level opponent, but nope, guess he hasn’t shown off his actual peak yet. I hope it’s enough cause Shigaraki is absolutely dominating the fight right now, managing to make Deku bleed even though he protected himself with Blackwhip.

100% + Overdrive is going to be insane if he does it, just hope it lands with how hard Danger Sense is carrying. That Quirk truly is broken with how it instantly becomes a core part of your moveset when you get it. Only hope is either schooling himself to not feel any hostility whatsoever like Toga or outspeeding it like Nagant’s bullets.

Also… BLACKWHIP CAN ENDURE SHIGARAKI’S ATTACKS BUT TOGA CAN CUT IT?!?!? I’m just gonna assume variable durability if he’s focusing on it. I suppose this means we need to put a “higher with Blackwhip” for Current Deku’s durability through layering it as a shield.

I need more of these two punching each other across Japan tbh, seeing Deku get launched from the coast into a building, then getting chased by Shigaraki and hit again all the way to Mt. Fuji was badass.

I need Deku to drop kick Shiggy to Hokkaido and then launch both their asses into space or the middle of the Pacific, I need D E S T R U C T I O N

I need more of these two punching each other across Japan tbh, seeing Deku get launched from the coast into a building, then getting chased by Shigaraki and hit again all the way to Mt. Fuji was badass.

I need Deku to drop kick Shiggy to Hokkaido and then launch both their asses into space or the middle of the Pacific, I need D E S T R U C T I O N
need them to fight in Antarctica and make hurricanes the size of country's and blow them away with each blow

Yeah but I think Mt Fuji is the final set piece. I wanna see them fight over long ass distances as much as you do but it isn't looking like that. Let's hope Horikoshi makes this fight even bigger in scale than SS summoning a 1900m susanoo and hitting Shiggy with the sun. We need to top that atleast by several magnitudes. PS that Shot of Shigaraki walking and everything behind him being destroyed was total badassery. And he even poses in the next panel.

Some of this are never gonna happen. My greatest hopes are a battle in space even if momentarily and still in the vicinity of the earth.

Like that panel of Superman brought down crushing into a planet would never happen in MHA since that would kill millions to billions of people especially looking at that impact. Maybe if it was in Antarctica or something but doing that on any populated continent would literally kill almost everyone there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of the end of Bakugo vs R-AFO, Deku and Shigaraki were still within the vicinity of UA Floating Island, right?Because that could mean that within this recent chapter or two, depending on the timeframe, Deku and Shigaraki traveled to Mount Fuji (over 40 kilometers away from Shizuoka where UAFI is located) in a short period of time.

Was not expecting a chapter this early, I was planning on waiting until Friday morning until I checked.

Shinomori purposefully let himself get taken so no one else would get stolen. If he got Gear Shift the battle would've been over.

Izuku can stack Fa Jin + Gear Shift on Blackwhip for ranged attacks, but Shiggy can avoid it thanks to Danger Sense. En is thinking they should run, sounds like he believes they can't beat him and should wait another "turn" or something.

Bad idea since Shiggy isn't AFO and wants to kill them, and he can always find Izuku no matter where he is. Running away is not an option anymore.

Nice to see Shiggy using Danger Sense and people can shut up about it not working because Izuku wants to save him. Danger Sense doesn't activate with killing intent only, it's any kind of malicious intentions period. Izuku still has full intention of hurting/injuring him.

Toga is an anomaly because she doesn't recognize what she was doing as harmful, she was doing it out of love. Normal citizens who wanted Izuku to leave also set off Danger Sense like crazy, despite the fact none of them where going to hurt him or wanted to harm him. They just had a lot of hatred towards him.

Also, Izuku using Blackwhip as a cage to increase his defensive is really clever and I'm glad were seeing more use from this Quirk.

Getting knocked to MT Fuji isn't all that impressive. The prefecture they are in is the same one that MT Fuji is located, in fact we saw Fuji last chapter, using angular scaling they're over 19+ km away from it. Using a timeframe of 5 seconds that places them at Mach 11.

If use a real map since they're right on the coast and Horikoshi is likely not drawing this perfectly to scale, I get 24.98 km or basically 25 km, that's Mach 14.

Interesting, is Shigaraki using Decay through his feet like people, wrongly, thought he could do back in the Meta Liberation Army Arc? It could be another Quirk but that looks like a decay wave traveling behind him, yet he's not touching the ground at all. And I like the fact he's calling back to Spinner, shows that this really is Shigaraki.

Shigaraki and Izuku are both correct. While Shigaraki isn't the same crying little boy anymore, that doesn't mean he isn't human and it doesn't define him. Regardless of the crimes they've committed, it's on them to recognize the fact that villains are still human beings. That's the very least Izuku and others can do for them.

The ending moment is interesting. Izuku might not have been using 100%, since his gauntlet breaks off and he's wrapping his arm in Blackwhip like last time. I'm curious if Horikoshi will tell us what percentage he was using beforehand.

Nice chapter to leave this year on.

Last edited:
I was waiting for a chapter this week
with everything said
What a chapter, my god, Shigaraki is terrifying.
They briefly went from the coast to Mount Fuji to submerge everything in lava and Deku is still bad but he is using the black whip in a better way.

Some of this are never gonna happen. My greatest hopes are a battle in space even if momentarily and still in the vicinity of the earth.

Like that panel of Superman brought down crushing into a planet would never happen in MHA since that would kill millions to billions of people especially looking at that impact. Maybe if it was in Antarctica or something but doing that on any populated continent would literally kill almost everyone there.
It would also kill a whole lot of people even if it hit Antartica due to apocalyptic flooding.

Deku and Shiggy are the strongest characters in the verse rn, but shit only made it this far because All Might had literally none of his Quirk Power left, and because the previous users never thought to start talking to the new ones.

Think I'd be fine with Izuku or Shigaraki throwing Mount Fuji.

All Might had literally none of his Quirk Power left, and because the previous users never thought to start talking to the new ones.

They didn't choose not to talk, they literally couldn't because the singularity point of One For All hadn't been reached yet. Even after it was reached they could only barely speak to Izuku in certain situations for a limited time, it was only until AFO forcibly pulled on them did they became able to speak to him normally.

We don't know the others.

Nana's the best one, but I'd have no idea how to rate her.

She scales to Gran Torino in his prime because of All Might, but we have zero idea how strong he was back then beyond being stronger than his old self.

Tbh I'm somewhat surprised how little personal feats we have for the OFA users, then again AM and Deku are really the only ones who got the full power of it

Tbh I'm somewhat surprised how little personal feats we have for the OFA users, then again AM and Deku are really the only ones who got the full power of it
Hori would have to do extended flashbacks for us to get solid scaling of them but that's highly unlikely at this point.

We don't know the others.

Nana's the best one, but I'd have no idea how to rate her.

She scales to Gran Torino in his prime because of All Might, but we have zero idea how strong he was back then beyond being stronger than his old self.
Didn't AM Confirm that AFO throws all his strongest quirks at someone to end the fight as quickly as possible and take their quirk? (Back when Iron Might vs AFO started)
Given Nana had visible injuries, she survived one

Didn't AM Confirm that AFO throws all his strongest quirks at someone to end the fight as quickly as possible and take their quirk? (Back when Iron Might vs AFO started)
Given Nana had visible injuries, she survived one
He said he does massive long ranged attacks, he didn't state it was his full power.

I also don't think Nana should be comparable to Prime All Might at all, since even with All Might and Gran Torino's help, they didn't even scratch AFO. Young All Might was equal or stronger than Nana at the time and Gran Torino could outpace and hurt All Might.

We have three people who are all comparable to each other and they were washed by Prime AFO, who referred to their fight as wonderful comedy.

I could head canon that she's comparable to Weakened All Might, but there's no way that'd ever be proven in universe.

We could scale her to the big energy blast AFO did actually, since we know she survived it and she took other attacks from him beforehand. I might look into that.

WE can't confirm she took the full energy of such a large attack either, tbh, though that is the best we got.
I was thinking more like, that's the level of power he was using against her and he's clearly hit her before.

And from what All Might said he's likely been spamming that level of attack until he wore her down.

Back