• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

First off, use spoilers.
Sorry
Why would he barely reach sub rela if he moved a certain distance while the laser was already firing? And why does the light pole have to be near the center at all, it’s just a frame of reference for the lasers height?
Because it can’t be used to find the height. It’s closer to the POV meaning it appears larger to us than that of the laser. Ask any calc member, this can’t work.
All Might barely moved a meter while this thing looks at least 30 meters in the sky. Ill calc this in a second just to confirm.
And yet in this chapter it’s way lower than what we saw before, so either it got lowered down for some reason or that shot is inconsistent with the other two shots of the laser we get this chapter that show it around this height.
Or, OR the lightpole just isn’t a good measuring stick

Ok yeah, looking at the feat:

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/bnha_399_014.png

Imma say that beam looks to be 50-100 meters above the ground.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/bnha_400_limit_004.png

All Might has to move only like 2 meters to avoid getting hit by the laser, and he might’ve even gotten clipped by it too.

I don’t know where y’all are getting relativistic, let alone relativistic+ ratings from this feat. All Might moving a couple feet right as the beam is fired when it’s dozens of meters above ground means he should only be sub relativistic at most.

Also, is this beam even moving at light speed? It’s supposed to be a replica of Aoyama’s beam right, which is weird in the own right.
"Sub-relativistic at most" isn't a bad thing considering even just sub-rel for top tiers has been a huge debate in the MHA fandom (especially after transonic Iida).

Also All Might's laser is powered by electricity. It isn't anything like Aoyama's quirk same way all his other quirk copies aren't exactly like the original. They are imitations replicated by technology. Even in this chapter All Might says he can't make the laser hard or solid like Star and Stripes did. The laser is just a regular laser.

Not gonna lie, this isn’t getting accepted.
If All Might truly moved at the same time as the laser, he’s barely reaching sub rela. The scan you used doesn’t work because the lightpole is no where near the center.
In the previous chapter we see that this beam is far higher than you calculated.
Okay what if I use the motorcycle to calculate the height? The perspectives would be totally fine and there won't be anything wrong with it. Would you accept that?

I recalced everything on my calc using better perspective and more fair calculations. But I'll wait to see if people would even accept a calc like this, since I believe showing the calc would cause people to be biased towards what they think. I don't want people to be biased against it because the number is too big or too small so I'll wait before I show it.

"Sub-relativistic at most" isn't a bad thing considering even just sub-rel for top tiers has been a huge debate in the MHA fandom (especially after transonic Iida).

Also All Might's laser is powered by electricity. It isn't anything like Aoyama's quirk same way all his other quirk copies aren't exactly like the original. They are imitations replicated by technology. Even in this chapter All Might says he can't make the laser hard or solid like Star and Stripes did. The laser is just a regular laser.
I’m not saying it’s bad, I’m just saying it’s not going up to relativistic or relativistic+ levels, even just appearance wise by the feat. Can relate, JJK and MHA both having Mach 1 statements to downscale.

Eh probably, though the laser seems to look exactly like the one Aoyama fires (with the twinkling) instead of the regular lasers fired off during the Stars and Stripes fight. How many criteria for lasers getting LS again?

I mean Toru whole character is an insignificant, inconsequential, personality-less walking fanservice so stuff like this is kinda "necessary" for her existence

Y’all out here arguing the necessity of Toru’s existence meanwhile my head’s over here trying to figure out why Hagakure wasn’t affected by that plant guy’s quirk.

She’s invisible, but didn’t that guy say his quirk worked by letting out pollin?

Y’all out here arguing the necessity of Toru’s existence meanwhile my head’s over here trying to figure out why Hagakure wasn’t affected by that plant guy’s quirk.

She’s invisible, but didn’t that guy say his quirk worked by letting out pollin?
I mean her lack of presence is to the extent that even if she wasn't invisible all the time i would still forget she exists so maybe the spore just couldn't detect her existence 4D Invinsibility confirmed

Unlike the 1B girl (Komori), it seems his quirk needs to go in through wounds and grow on flesh and blood. That's why the plants were growing on top of people while for the 1B girl, she can even grow mushrooms inside people's throats and lungs.

The simpler answer is just that Hagakure stayed out of Kunieda's range until the last minute when Aoyama attacked.

Back