• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Just saw the latest episode, while it "ended" with Star and Stripe, they didn't show Shigaraki confronting her. Actually ended with an anime original scene. I found it to be cute and a nice way of showing that Izuku still has issues. Honestly I'm shocked that Izuku wasn't shown to be having nightmares about All For One and Shiggy.

Unless I'm not remembering them. They aren't important or groundbreaking details to see, just something that'd be cool to show.

I don't know how anime-only people will feel after waiting over a year for Star and Stripe only to have her die off in the first to second episode for Season 7.

While there were very off moments, Season 6 was overall very good for me. Far more than Season 5 and I'd put it above Season 4 as well. Though note that I like Season 4 as much as Season 3. I don't dislike any of the seasons, though Season 5 was the closest to being a let down.

Season 7 being in development is weird for me. Since while right now Season 7 can cover content from Star to where we are in the manga currently, I find it strange when some of the Season 7 content isn't even over. Considering they don't know how the series will end, they can't call Season 7 the final season as of yet.

I can see MHA manga going on longer than Season 7, but I don't see it going on long enough to fill an entire 8th season. I can see MHA being over by the time Season 7 starts airing, as I don't personally think the manga will last into 2024. However I might change my tune by August or September.

Right now the current chapter from Chapter 329 to Chapter 383 is only 55 chapters, and Season 7 isn't ending there. Season 1 was only 21 chapters but that was because it was only 12 episodes. I wonder if they Season 7 airing will be different to the other seasons.

It isn't like chapters get longer either, in fact a lot of shorter chapters will be getting adapted as well. I'm really curious about this.
I don't think there is anything strange with season 7 being in development. MHA is a yearly anime and it has always been like this. By the time the season is actually coming out, the manga will have long gone past the anime timeline unless Hori takes a super long break.

I don't think there is anything strange with season 7 being in development. MHA is a yearly anime and it has always been like this. By the time the season is actually coming out, the manga will have long gone past the anime timeline unless Hori takes a super long break.
Not it being yearly, but it being so close to the manga. That was my point.

Season 7 might cover content that didn't exist by the time they started "production", which feels weird to me. This has never happened before. All previous seasons ended with enough content still being around in the manga. The manga is only 55 chapters ahead of the anime.

Season 5 covered around 68 chapters and Season 4 was around 65 chapters. Season 3 was 50 chapters, though the chapters were a bit longer, had the filler episodes, and was a bit slow paced at times. When those Season's ended, the next Season's final chapter was already published.

When Season 3 ended, Endeavor and Hood had already happened. Izuku already had the dream of the previous holders.

When Season 4 ended, we were already passed the Season 5's ending of them getting ready for the war.

Unless Season 7 ends before the current chapter we're on, that means Season 7 is going to adapt chapters that didn't exist when they started "development". I don't know how anime production works so I can't say that is impossible, I'm just saying that it feels very weird for me.

I know this has happened before in other series, I've just never experienced it myself. I'm getting generally curious about how this stuff works though.

Nah, what's gonna happen is they'll release MHA The Final Season Part 1 that is not a full 12-episode cour, and then release MHA The Final Season Part 2 a month later. And then MHA The Final Season Part 3, and then Part 4 which is going to be a movie.
Agreed honestly this is their way of acknowledging Deku and Eren share a spot together in fortnite clearly

Just saw the latest episode, while it "ended" with Star and Stripe, they didn't show Shigaraki confronting her. Actually ended with an anime original scene. I found it to be cute and a nice way of showing that Izuku still has issues. Honestly I'm shocked that Izuku wasn't shown to be having nightmares about All For One and Shiggy.

Unless I'm not remembering them. They aren't important or groundbreaking details to see, just something that'd be cool to show.

I don't know how anime-only people will feel after waiting over a year for Star and Stripe only to have her die off in the first to second episode for Season 7.

While there were very off moments, Season 6 was overall very good for me. Far more than Season 5 and I'd put it above Season 4 as well. Though note that I like Season 4 as much as Season 3. I don't dislike any of the seasons, though Season 5 was the closest to being a let down.

Season 7 being in development is weird for me. Since while right now Season 7 can cover content from Star to where we are in the manga currently, I find it strange when some of the Season 7 content isn't even over. Considering they don't know how the series will end, they can't call Season 7 the final season as of yet.

I can see MHA manga going on longer than Season 7, but I don't see it going on long enough to fill an entire 8th season. I can see MHA being over by the time Season 7 starts airing, as I don't personally think the manga will last into 2024. However I might change my tune by August or September.

Right now the current chapter from Chapter 329 to Chapter 383 is only 55 chapters, and Season 7 isn't ending there. Season 1 was only 21 chapters but that was because it was only 12 episodes. I wonder if they Season 7 airing will be different to the other seasons.

It isn't like chapters get longer either, in fact a lot of shorter chapters will be getting adapted as well. I'm really curious about this.
MHA's production is like that of a weekly Anime

When Season 6's production ended, they immediately started on Season 7's production, that's how it works for the MHA Anime

Anyways, Season 6 was probably the best season of the show, the Dark Deku Arc really was handled much better in the Anime than in the Manga like I predicted, a lot of the emotional scenes between Deku and Class 1-A just don't work as good in Manga form as they would in Anime form and Season 6 proved this, making all these scenes into phenomenal ones. This final episode was great and did well to set up Season 7.

Overall I give Season 6 a 8/10 for being solid overall and only having a few small low points, it's a much better handled Season than Season 5, which I would only give a 5/10 for the horrible changes made from Manga to Anime

I never realized how peak the framing of this page was
uXM5Sm8.jpg

Official chapter is out and something I noticed (that you guys might’ve already talked about in leaks) Mina going all put is not only dehydrating her but also draining her body’s pigment. Her eyes started going white and her skin changes colour too. I wonder how the anime will do that since they made her acid white.

Also also watching AFO get jumped is funny as hell.

Official chapter is out and something I noticed (that you guys might’ve already talked about in leaks) Mina going all put is not only dehydrating her but also draining her body’s pigment. Her eyes started going white and her skin changes colour too. I wonder how the anime will do that since they made her acid white.

Also also watching AFO get jumped is funny as hell.
It’s always a joy in life

I wonder if the intercontinental cruise missiles could be used for a good speed value. Assuming they came from the USA's coast they would have to have covered around 10,000km in the span of less than a minute, and Shigaraki reacted to them at the last second

I wonder if the intercontinental cruise missiles could be used for a good speed value. Assuming they came from the USA's coast they would have to have covered around 10,000km in the span of less than a minute, and Shigaraki reacted to them at the last second
Wouldn't the added weight to Star's giant catching them slowed them down? Ignoring that for a second.

There is no way to compare Shigaraki's movements to the missiles. He likely began decaying into the ground the same time he sent the Nomu out of the water. Assuming he reached his spot at the same time the missiles hit, he's without a doubt moving a far shorter distance than the missiles. Meaning he's slower in this instance.

So this wouldn't give good results.

Also the distance I'm getting would've been around 7000 km, not 10000 km. Yes that's taking into account they're over hundreds of km away from Japan's shore.

The missiles did arrive quick, though she was locking Shigaraki in place who couldn't move. She called a request for the missiles and got a response when she began pinning Shigaraki, since we already see the missiles flying high above right after, they were sent some time before she got the call. But it was a short timeframe.

Basically how long can we reasonably say she held Shigaraki? Hypersonic missile speed I'm seeing today is between Mach 5 to Mach 25. At Mach 5 it would've taken over an hour to reach, which is completely absurd. At Mach 25 we get a timeframe of around 13 minutes, which is more reasonable.

And I find less than 1 minute to be unlikely as well. We have no frame of reference for how long she kept Shigaraki pinned, so saying she had him there for a few minutes or something isn't unbelievable. But like I said above, Shiggy would be moving slower than the missiles as he travels a smaller distance.

Star's giant catching them would slow them down, but I don't think that matters much, since they seemingly had multiple seconds to re-accelerate, and cruise missiles can reach top speeds within 5 seconds.

You're probably right about Shigaraki being slower than the missiles.

But as for the timeframe, it actually might be shorter than you think. When Star calls in the missiles, next chapter it starts with her short flashback. But it's actually Star's thoughts in real-time, since there's a panel of the missiles travelling mid-flashback

We have no idea how long that can take. The timeframe between the chapters is unknown, and from when she had the flashback.

There is nothing to suggest it took longer than 1 minute beyond personal opinion. Also the missiles would slow down permanently, not unless they magically gained more energy. The weight of Star's giant was added to it while the energy of the missiles propelling them remained the same.

More weight means it would require extra energy for the missiles to keep moving Star's giant at the same speed they're flying.

Back