• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

why you don't take the laser has a laser and that it is,is not that hard bro,it is proof to be a laser,why calculating the speed of a laser,that it is a laser?
Low tier characters being able to casually dodge and evade “lightspeed” lasers is not consistent at all when there are anti feats such as 20% Deku failing to react to lightning and getting completely blitzed

bro,he was not even

Paying attention, how the hell are you going to dodge something while you're distracted?
Dodge? He couldn't even deliver a punch before the lightning traveled several kilometers from cloud to ground level and blitzed him 😂

Dodge? He couldn't even deliver a hit before the lightning traveled several kilometers from cloud to ground level and blitzed him 😂
1.he was not even paying attention,the ''lightning''literraly came out in is back,not in his front,is like when they hit you from the back with a bullet,you could probabyl dodge that bullet,if you where not shoot from the back
2.it is stated to be lightning even?

It doesn't really matter if Deku wasn't seeing it coming, the fact that the lightning traveled down several kilometers before Deku could even finish his punch, tell us the whole history.

It doesn't really matter if Deku was seeing it coming, the fact that the lightning traveled down several kilometers before Deku could even finish his punch, tell us the whole history.
I mean, why the hell would you count being attacked from behind? It doesn't count, why the hell do you count the attack from behind, if it were a more direct attack, maybe I would accept it, but it wasn't even that.
it was completaly in his back,is like people saying that mephiles>sonic because of his sneaky attack,again,sneaky attacks are not the best way of fighting

Attacking from behind? I think you're missing the massive cloud from which Nine summoned the lightning strike, maybe you were trying to say "attacking from above"?

Doesn't really change anything I said though, the lightning traveled kilometers while Deku was about to punch Nine.

Massively FTL+ lightning ladies and gentlemen?

Attacking from behind? I think you're missing the massive cloud from which Nine summoned the lightning strike, maybe you were trying to say "attacking from above"?

Doesn't really change anything I said though, the lightning traveled kilometers while Deku was about to punch Nine.
ah ok,having enough of this thing,twice*dooms dooms*you get it,''twice''

Massively FTL+ lightning ladies and gentlemen?

Wdym, Deku didnt move in the scene obviously slowed time, and 20% is Supersonic, 1000 / (.013/343)

With the scaling vacuum left by the top tier moving to Sub-rel, you also have High hypersonic+ open for grabs. God if only 30% has more feats
if 30% is exactly double 15% then it can be baseline HHS+
Course that will never happen because the mods hate us want to be careful

Honestly out of all the %, 30% has the most freedom to be whatever the hell it wants. For speed it could range from High hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic+, for AP it could range from Low 7-B to 6-C. So the fact it's so underused and so little characters scale to it is criminal. I sometimes wish it got the 10-20% treatment and got itself a movie so we have feats and characters to scale it to

Any of you calc ppl wanna take a crack at this? It’s in Chapter 151, essentially Mirio’s fist is about to collide with Kurono’s chin and then Overhaul’s platform saves him. This scales to Overhaul’s attack speed, which scales to multiple characters

I calced it at around HHS+ but I could be wrong so any of u should try it

Last edited:
Glad to see Horikoshi is still going strong in these chapters. Also yeah there was no way they weren't going to wake up Gigantomachia, his sense of smell and hearing are absurd and AFO would have to be stupid to not give them some kind of recording of his own voice.

With all of the villains in the air having their own device that plays AFO's voice at a large volume, there was literally no way Machia wasn't going to hear it.

Mount Lady combo with Rule was actually pretty cool. Though quickly put down by Machia waking up.

Wasn't expecting to see the Sludge Villain here, trying to take Shinso's body. Only reason he found him was because he ran away to hide. Kirishima is trying but he can't really do anything against him, his body can't be held or touch and Kirishima doesn't have the raw power to blow him away like All Might.

Mina steps up for her big moment, and very impressively saves Mount Lady from getting killed by Machia's giant claws. Which she was able to melt rather quickly. Very interesting that Endeavor's training method, which he taught to both Bakugo and Shoto, was apparently also picked up by Mina.

Build up and release. Condensing your power and releasing it at your maximum output. Which is what she is doing, she condensed her max output and released it in one big burst. This was enough to melt through Machia's claw, curious to see how Machia's wound will look later on.

Mina's body changed as well. Her horns grew straight, her skin is changing color, and her eye is turning white. Mina's skin color comes from her acid, it's possible her skin and eyes are turning to a "normal" color due to her depleting a large amount of acid. It's only happening on the side of her body she attacked Machia with.

Also the max acid seem to have "burnt" her arm as well. Her acid is a good counter to Sludge Man though, since it began to mix with his liquid body. Amazing shots of Mina and Shinso is finally able to take control of Machia. He did indeed got AFO's voice from Tartarus recordings.

Mount Lady and Machia take care of the floating people, god it's kind of surreal to see them attacking together. Also the official translation better keep Kirishima calling Mina his hero the exact same, that is an amazingly cute line. And we get to the last page, double page spread and is back to the present.

Dark Shadow, Inasa, Mount Lady, Gigantomachia, and a bunch of other heroes are all just slamming everything they have into AFO. Who isn't looking to happy with the situation, he's clearly struggling to get by. Seems that Machia is keeping his distance and throwing rocks as AFO, and Mount Lady is using a long weapon.

A decent way to prevent them from being touched. Punching or kicking him would be stupid as they'd get their Quirks stolen instantly.

Mysterious helicopters are arriving? I was thinking Iron Might for a second, but I realized there are multiple helicopters. News choppers? Maybe Shoto and the others arriving, since I'm 100% certain they were unable to go through Dabi's portal. I have legit no sold idea on who is coming right now.

God an excellent chapter once again. I'm loving this direction and these battles somehow get more and more hectic as well.

Any of you calc ppl wanna take a crack at this?
It's not as impressive as you think.

The ground just has to rise up as fast as Mirio's fist before it touches Chrono, at that point Mirio won't hit him. His Overhaul transmission thing reaching them is impossible to calc, as we don't see where Mirio when Overhaul touches the ground. He touches the ground first because he noticed something.

Though I don't think that is what you meant. Still, this feat isn't all that impressive.

Dehydration can be added to Mina's quirk limitations
Have to see the official translations, but it makes sense that she has a limited amount of acid in her body and can run out.

Her big move also seems to "burn" herself as well, so that acid's potency surpasses her own resistance. Though I need to see the clearer scans.

Just saw the latest episode, while it "ended" with Star and Stripe, they didn't show Shigaraki confronting her. Actually ended with an anime original scene. I found it to be cute and a nice way of showing that Izuku still has issues. Honestly I'm shocked that Izuku wasn't shown to be having nightmares about All For One and Shiggy.

Unless I'm not remembering them. They aren't important or groundbreaking details to see, just something that'd be cool to show.

I don't know how anime-only people will feel after waiting over a year for Star and Stripe only to have her die off in the first to second episode for Season 7.

While there were very off moments, Season 6 was overall very good for me. Far more than Season 5 and I'd put it above Season 4 as well. Though note that I like Season 4 as much as Season 3. I don't dislike any of the seasons, though Season 5 was the closest to being a let down.

Season 7 being in development is weird for me. Since while right now Season 7 can cover content from Star to where we are in the manga currently, I find it strange when some of the Season 7 content isn't even over. Considering they don't know how the series will end, they can't call Season 7 the final season as of yet.

I can see MHA manga going on longer than Season 7, but I don't see it going on long enough to fill an entire 8th season. I can see MHA being over by the time Season 7 starts airing, as I don't personally think the manga will last into 2024. However I might change my tune by August or September.

Right now the current chapter from Chapter 329 to Chapter 383 is only 55 chapters, and Season 7 isn't ending there. Season 1 was only 21 chapters but that was because it was only 12 episodes. I wonder if they Season 7 airing will be different to the other seasons.

It isn't like chapters get longer either, in fact a lot of shorter chapters will be getting adapted as well. I'm really curious about this.

Back