• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

So speaking of 366. It says the accumulating damage and the panic and stress gnawed at Shigaraki’s essence so it is possible he was nerfing his body.
That doesn't mean he was nerfing his body. That just means his damage was accumulating, which means he was injured and was feeling panic/stressed.

The damage and his mental state thing is explaining why his body transformed into that defensive state, since the Heroes "bested" his previous form. His body was trying to find the optimal form to deal with this threat, so nerfing or making himself weaker kind of defeats the point. The optimal form would be what destroys them.

We'll need the series itself to tell us if something was happening to make him perform not optimally beforehand. Not saying it can't happen, but it needs to be clear.

Like Bakugou’s conclusion was perfect imo. No need for him to be revived, it was executed really well
It was kind of bad, I did not like it whatsoever and I know that is a sentiment shared by many.

If it was real I'd put it down as bad as Sir Nighteye's death or worse, since Bakugo has far more story presence. His death would've only happen to add a body count and make things seem bad. And if an author can't make a situation feel bad without killing someone off, I don't think they're doing a good job.

What did him dying add to the story or how did it conclude his story? He would've died with a question and being unfulfilled. I dislike how people automatically go how that's realistic and good, when we're reading a fictional story. And ignoring the fact good things can happen in real life, yet we want to focus on the bad stuff.

Bakugo's story wasn't finished, Shoto's story isn't finished either, that's why I'm hoping Horikoshi isn't benching them both and we'll see them again. Also it'd be just as bad if Bakugo lived and did absolutely nothing, if your going to have a fake out death you need deliver a good damn reason for it as well. They need to do something.

Nagant got her reason by saving everyone from Shigaraki's decay, and carrying the same spirit/message of the series. It was great to see that pay off.

Gran Torino hasn't, but I don't count him as a fake out death since they never said he was dead or dying. He just took a big wound and people were expecting him to die, which is a different thing.

Last edited:
Bakugo's story won't conclude with him wandering if he can still chase Izuku and then dying lol. Honestly if the series wasn't ending this kind of character development from a deuteragonist should be happening mid or late series and not at the final arc.

Mirko currently being up and about was already discussed right? I recall someone saying it's either an outlier or Mirko didn't get the full force of Shiggy's punch.

Another interesting note: if Aizawa uses his Quirk on AFO, would it erase the effects of Rewind too?

Mirko currently being up and about was already discussed right? I recall someone saying it's either an outlier or Mirko didn't get the full force of Shiggy's punch.

Another interesting note: if Aizawa uses his Quirk on AFO, would it erase the effects of Rewind too?
Mirko is still in debate. I still think it's a good feat for her.

Bakugo can also be comparable but less durable than Mirko, he might not have been hit as hard as she was by his growth. His durability might even be an outlier, since he seems less durable than Mirko and maybe Suneater. He only has one feat that makes him comparable to Mirko, every other showing has him less durable.

Not saying it is or should be an outlier, just that the discussion is still in debate. And it's possible the series will explain itself more or we notice something we missed. I don't think Bakugo is an outlier at all, but feel free to disagree with me.

Aizawa cannot stop the Erasing Bullets, he prevents people from activating their Quirks, he doesn't get rid of them. Same reason why he can't get rid of Quirks that have permanent changes, such as Tail or Iida's Engine. He prevent them from using it, but they don't go away.

Aizawa stopped Eri because he stopped her from using her Quirk, which was going out of control.

In another term: Aizawa can stop Endeavor from throwing fire, but he can't make fire he already created vanish.

Can i see ? 👀
I don't have it set up yet.

I've just done some checks that seem accurate as of now. Will be getting confirmation before I put anything down.

But even in the worst case scenario, I don't see Tier 6 going away.

But even in the worst case scenario, I don't see Tier 6 going away.
HPOvM86qsU6XhzbsO2wJ52eVz58rk077KEv4A7CQ67s.jpg

At the very least this should be a definitive evidence to get rid of any "At most" to her durability, though I believe this has already been agreed on in casual discussions.

These hand growths really messes up any natural progression, but I guess it is what it is. I think even if Bakugo scales he'd be at the bottom of it, yeah. I will have to reread the entire final arc to review my opinion of this.

This bullet is acting closer to a Quirk Factor being activated though, as it appears that it looks like Rewind itself is being activated on him. This is presumably being caused by a Quirk Factor, which is what Aizawa disables IIRC. And unlike flames, it's a Quirk that actively manifests its effects as is. Could be wrong though.

This bullet is acting closer to a Quirk Factor being activated though, as it appears that it looks like Rewind itself is being activated on him.
If Aizawa could stop the bullets there would be no reason for him to cut his leg off.

Remember this is the same bullet, just that the doctor modified it so it rewinds his body. There is no Quirk Factor activation going on, Eri's Quirk is inside of her. You seem to be under a misconception. The effect in this case is her Rewind, he doesn't have her Quirk nor can he use it. He's just being rewind just like the erasing bullets.

Aizawa cannot stop her Rewind, he just stops her from using it. Eri isn't rewinding AFO, whatever the bullets are rewinding him. In another term, that rewind energy has been injected into him and is rewinding him. Aizawa cannot stop that rewind energy that is released.

Anyway, i hope to god that Shiggy use Overclock to counter GearShift so we get a good sense of how fast it is. That is the only way Vigilante will redeem its worthless existence in my eye.

Rusty can we not be happy for one moment.
It’s still real sad how the heroes rising feat works, cause if not for those damn physicists and their cloud density charts, the feat would probably be Low 6-B Maybe Baseline 6-B

Sorry about not getting back to you on the Jiro calc yet btw. IRL has been busy. I've gotta finish up responding on the Star and Stripe thread, then will make my comment on the Jiro calc.
That's fine... I actually forgot that and it took me a second to remember what you were talking about.

To be honest it might be best to not use the manga version due to the weird visual and paneling. But that's my opinion as of now.

So I'm more curious about the anime version. I know it doesn't upgrade anything, but I already made it. And I explained my reasoning on why I made the calc.

Crack theory I think I’ve shared before: One For All can take Quirks too. Thoughts?
That would be stupidly broken, though I think it would only be possible in very specific circumstances, like if it was connected to All For One during one of those mental battles and they attempt to use his vestiges against him or something.

Crack theory I think I’ve shared before: One For All can take Quirks too. Thoughts?
I DID have an idea where, during the final battle, Izuku's allies (whichever ones were left by that point) would willingly give their Quirks to Izuku in order to give him one last buff before going all-out against Tomura, maybe ecen with a commentary on just how different OFA and AFO are on a fundamental level.

Problem is... I'm not sure how that would happen. Would it be a reverse of the scene from Heroes Rising where Izuku gave Katsuki OFA? I don't know.

Back