• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Hell, he LITERALLY PUNCHED A HOLE IN BAKUGO’S CHEST when he got serious.
He didn't punch a hole in his chest, he caved his chest inward (Blood makes it hard to see). Those are different things and mean different things.

Edit: Also while it wasn't mention... His heart exploded from the inside, as the blast came out of his heart, which means it wasn't only from the punch.

Which version of the Intercontinental Cruise Punch are we using? The 313 or 433 Gigaton one, cuz if it's the latter what kind of upscaling shenanigan could we do?

I'll lead I guess.

Who's stronger?

Mirko's Rabbit Kicks or Prime All Might's Smash?
Prime All Might’s Smash, obviously.

If this is you trying to lead up to “Mirko hurt Shigaraki,” then that doesn’t mean anything since he was having a mental breakdown about Bakugo hurting him which was making him take more damage than he should have been from her attacks. He literally questions why he even staggered from her hits and then focuses on Bakugo, and notes that he was being threatened and is confused.

Saying Mirko scales to his durability when he’s not having a literal meltdown is unfounded. She only hurts him when he’s shaking in fear/anxiety, and his mental state clearly affects his physical capabilities since his body is described as ever changing and looking for an optimal form.
He didn't punch a hole in his chest, he caved his chest inward (Blood makes it hard to see). Those are different things and mean different things.
So why did he not cave in Mirko’s head.

Prime All Might’s Smash, obviously.
Alright, focus on that and you'll realize something that actually helps your case.

Also his durability didn't get lower because you believe it was. He never said that, she also made him bleed with a series of kicks.

Alright, focus on that and you'll realize something that actually helps your case.

Also his durability didn't get lower because you believe it was. He never said that, she also made him bleed with a series of kicks.
I’m saying his durability got lower because we literally see him staggering from attacks that should not be staggering him. He says this directly, he has taken no real damage from any of the attacks except Bakugo’s Full Body Cluster, including the kick Mirko literally just did to him. He is panicking and only then does she draw blood from him, and since his body is constantly shifting, his durability getting worse when he’s having a panic attack from taking damage, and then INCREASING in defense to respond to what he perceives as danger, is not just me “wanting it to be.”

And ok, Prime AM is stronger than Mirko. Meaning he should be able to rip apart High Ends way easier than she can. Meaning he should be able to rip apart Mirko easier than High Ends can. Is that the point of this?

Correct! If Prime All Might is meant to be stronger than Mirko, that means he should be capable of performing greater feats that she can with her kicks?

If Mirko's kicks are strong enough to rip through the body of Weakened All Might level characters like the High-Ends, who are comparable to the USJ Nomu's base strength. Doesn't that mean Prime All Might's attacks should do even more damage than what Mirko's kicks did?

Unless we're saying Mirko>Prime AM, it doesn't make sense for someone on par with him to not produce the same feats.

Can anyone explain this?

He gets one tapped by Bakugo before he even pulls up Phosphor, and he can’t nullify the force of attacks, only heat. By the time he slightly moves to attack, Bakugo has already blasted him in the face and made him lose focus on Phosphor.
Bakugou cannot one tap Todoroki lol

Bakugou’s speed >> Todoroki’s speed but Todoroki’s AP/dura > Bakugou’s AP/dura

Correct! If Prime All Might is meant to be stronger than Mirko, that means he should be capable of performing greater feats that she can with her kicks?

If Mirko's kicks are strong enough to rip through the body of Weakened All Might level characters like the High-Ends, who are comparable to the USJ Nomu's base strength. Doesn't that mean Prime All Might's attacks should do even more damage than what Mirko's kicks did?

Unless we're saying Mirko>Prime AM, it doesn't make sense for someone on par with him to not produce the same feats.

Can anyone explain this?
Man, sure would be crazy if I had given two explanations for this before hand that got totally ignored in favor of thinking Mirko and Suneater are just more durable than High Ends.
Bakugou cannot one tap Todoroki lol

Bakugou’s speed >> Todoroki’s speed but Todoroki’s AP/dura > Bakugou’s AP/dura
Bakugo hurt Prime AM level Shigaraki. Dabi is just vaguely stronger than Endeavor. Shoto is not more durable than Bakugo’s AP by a long shot.

Bakugo hurt Prime AM level Shigaraki
Bakugou made Shigaraki sting with his explosions; that isn’t AP lol just dura neg

It’s literally listed on Bakugou’s profile that he can slightly injure people due to the sheer heat of his explosions

Season 3 Bakugou made All Might say that his explosions stung. Is Bakugou in Season 3 High 6-C now?

Bakugou made Shigaraki sting with his explosions; that isn’t AP lol just dura neg

It’s literally listed on Bakugou’s profile that he can slightly injure people due to the sheer heat of his explosions

Season 3 Bakugou made All Might say that his explosions stung. Is Bakugou in Season 3 High 6-C now?
He hurt him with the force, the heat of those explosions is less than his HIC. He didn’t even burn his face with them, it was clearly the power behind the explosion that hurt him, not he heat, otherwise that would have been noted, as was shown with the HIC.

Bakugo hurt Prime AM level Shigaraki. Dabi is just vaguely stronger than Endeavor. Shoto is not more durable than Bakugo’s AP by a long shot.
Agree on the last part.

But Shiggy said it stung a little and had zero damage on his face. His injury was very light.

Agree on the last part.

But Shiggy said it stung a little and had zero damage on his face. His injury was very light.
Considering he says that only about that attack, and literally compares a kick from Mirko to “not doing real damage except for Bakugo,” I would say that qualifies it to be enough to surpass Shoto’s durability.

Shiggy's body is weird since Mirko's first kick did literally nothing to him, yet her second kick knocked him down. Her Luna Rush would end up drawing blood.

His body reacted to this and evolved into a defensive form to help protect him, making him more durable than before.

I kind of hope Horikoshi can explain these many inconsistences. Then it gets revealed Izuku is at 45%

People with Mirko’s durability? He caves in their chests and can casually squeeze their arms so hard they splurt blood from the broken, tangled mess he makes them.

So how does him punching her in the face with his Defense Mode not cave in her face or send blood spewing everywhere. That literally makes 0 sense at all.

Out. Lier. As. I’ve. Said. 100. Times.
I believe there is an explanation, that's why we're waiting before making these big changes.

He failed to one hit kill Bakugo, Suneater, and Mirko. This is very consistent. Since something stronger than Mirko should've went straight through Bakugo, that damage is too little to take as the same. His heart exploding wasn't even fully caused by Shiggy either, since his heart exploded from the inside out.

Maybe it will get revealed Shiggy isn't Prime All Might level at all.

Or maybe he couldn't unleash his full power due to his weird mental thing going on?

So how does him punching her in the face with his Defense Mode not cave in her face or send blood spewing everywhere. That literally makes 0 sense at all.
Maybe he just clipped her tbh. We don't see the actual impact; we just see her flying back after being struck.

I believe there is an explanation, that's why we're waiting before making these big changes.

He failed to one hit kill Bakugo, Suneater, and Mirko. This is very consistent. Since something stronger than Mirko should've went straight through Bakugo, that damage is too little to take as the same. His heart exploding wasn't even fully caused by Shiggy either, since his heart exploded from the inside out.

Maybe it will get revealed Shiggy isn't Prime All Might level at all.

Or maybe he couldn't unleash his full power due to his weird mental thing going on?
So is this the explanation we’re using? He’s just in permanent freak out mode after Bakugo awakens, so he’s weaker? That’s the same thing I was saying about his durability, how is this any different.
Maybe he just clipped her tbh. We don't see the actual impact; we just see her flying back after being struck.
We see Suneater right before he’s hit, he definitely didn’t just clip him.

Just noticed that in Chapter 366, Shigaraki speed blitzed Mirio and disappeared from his perception, who can easily dodge Shigaraki’s hand growths

Kinda proves there is a considerably decent speed gap between Weakened AM and Prime AM

Can anyone explain this?
Now that scaling puts everyone and their mother on weakened All Might level, all this confusion abounds.

I would say there are 2 answers to this question based off either: 1. Vs Battle power scaling, and 2. The Manga itself.

It's best to always separate fanscaling from the actual manga itself. Don't mix stuff up. Scaling can put someone on city level when in-universe they are treated as a completely ordinary human who is basically street level.

Scaling can have 2 characters who are in the same ballpark in manga canon somehow be leagues apart like all those Monoma is 1000 times stronger than who and who debates that were on here when in-universe base Monoma is just a regular dude. There is nothing special about him compared to the ordinary BNHA base human being.

So for a lot of these characters, there is the powerscaling version and the intended manga version and for a lot of characters, they don't gel.

I calculated the feat of Deku’s Blackwhip outpacing Shigaraki before he could touch the ground:

Shigaraki height: 1.75 m (592 px)

Shigaraki torso height: 143 px (0.42 m)

Shigaraki torso height in panel: 84 px

Panel height: 257 px

(0.42*257)/[84*2tan(70/2)] = 1.36 m (Shigaraki’s distance from panel)

Deku’s height: 1.65 m

Deku height in panel: 15 px

(1.65*257)/[15*2tan(70/2)] = 29.83 m

29.83 - 1.36 = 28.47 m

Shigaraki’s finger length: 0.098 m (24 px)

Distance between Shigaraki and ground: 46 px (0.19 m)

Shigaraki is faster than 45% Deku, who can keep pace with and move his limbs at comparable speeds to Nagant’s bullets, which are accepted at 1422 m/s.

0.19/1422 = 0.00013 s (Timeframe)

28.47/0.00013 = 219000 m/s (Mach 638.48, Massively Hypersonic)

Bakugo, who is equal to Mirko in durability, got his face sheared by Shigaraki scraping past to grab his arm. Which was broken in an instant, literally shattered in several areas and bleeding severely from a simple grab.

Mirko, Best Jeanist and Edgeshot got completely taken out of the fight for several minutes when Shigaraki just waved his hand and hit them with Air Pressure.

Mirko got her arm ripped off because Shigaraki’s fingers were so much more powerful than her durability, despite still being weaker than himself.

None of this is consistent with an even stronger Shigaraki punches Mirko and she doesn’t have her face explode.

If grabbing someone’s arm would instantly break it and leave it a twisted mess, punching them in the face should do the exact same to their facial bones. Explain why that did not happen.

We accept Nejire’s blasts on that level for harming Near High Ends. He punched Shigaraki with those blasts and said he didn’t even scratch his skin. Someone get the raws if they don’t like that translation.

There is no proof that Bakugo has the same level of durability as Mirko.

Also as far as I remember, Shigaraki chewed off Mirko's arm by growing teeth on the hands that were holding her. The teeth were biting down on her arm and Mirko forcefully broke off which caused her hand to be cut off. So he didn't just rip off her hand the traditional way.

There is no proof that Bakugo has the same level of durability as Mirko.

Also as far as I remember, Shigaraki chewed off Mirko's arm by growing teeth on the hands that were holding her. The teeth were biting down on her arm and Mirko forcefully broke off which caused her hand to be cut off. So he didn't just rip off her hand the traditional way.
He gets smacked by the fingers that can hurt Mirko, literally the same attack as well. He has similar durability to her.

I think that's Best Jeanist, Mirko and Edgeshot being hit by it, not Bakugo.
He was holding Bakugo in his hand and he casually tossed him back, the attack is also omni-directional.

There's no way Bakugo was not hit by the attack.

He was holding Bakugo in his hand and he casually tossed him back, the attack is also omni-directional.

There's no way Bakugo was not hit by the attack.
Not sure, I'd call it omni-directional. It's not an explosio, it's a shockwave generated by swinging his arm in a particular direction.

When All Might does an air-pressure punch, he doesn't also create an equal shockwave that goes behind him.

I think that's Best Jeanist, Mirko and Edgeshot being hit by it, not Bakugo.
Also can I be honest? I never saw Best Jeanist there whatsoever. I just feel embarrassed, I'm being revealed to be a god damn idiot.

Why did no one mention this despite the fact I've said this many times through out the months since this chapter came out?

Great, now there are more issues with the scaling. I need time to work this out, I'm getting an headache.

At this point maybe Endeavor level characters shouldn't be anywhere near the same tier as Weakened All Might.

Also can I be honest? I never saw Best Jeanist there whatsoever. I just feel embarrassed, I'm being revealed to be a god damn idiot.

Why did no one mention this despite the fact I've said this many times through out the months since this chapter came out?

Great, now there are more issues with the scaling. I need time to work this out, I'm getting an headache.

At this point maybe Endeavor level characters shouldn't be anywhere near the same tier as Weakened All Might.
What issues crop up from this? Just means Shigaraki’s air pressure is enough to blast them away and hurt them pretty bad. Unless you were using it for a Bakugo justification?

Also Endeavor bullying AFO kinda forces people to scale to Weakened All Might

Back