• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

completly-normal-phenomenon-chernobyl.gif

I've also been keeping up with the discussion in the comments of the calc but at the very least the anime ends are usable and okay low ends

I've also been keeping up with the discussion in the comments of the calc but at the very least the anime ends are usable and okay low ends
My main point of the calc and the scene was to make it clear that Izuku was faster than sound in canon.

Which means his speed being Speed of Sound for calcs should be alright. It's not a calc, he just very clearly outpaces a sound attack.

We can't use the results I got since that'd be calc stacking. But you get what I mean right?

I know many people who don't see Izuku as faster than sound. Only with Gear Shift he's faster than sound because of that statement.

5% dodging bullets, moves fast enough to make metal glow hot, air force from 20% finger flicks being called shockwaves, and 45% just straight up outpacing sound.

My main point of the calc and the scene was to make it clear that Izuku was faster than sound in canon.

Which means his speed being Speed of Sound for calcs should be alright. It's not a calc, he just very clearly outpaces a sound attack.

We can't use the results I got since that'd be calc stacking. But you get what I mean right?

I know many people who don't see Izuku as faster than sound. Only with Gear Shift he's faster than sound because of that statement.

5% dodging bullets, moves fast enough to make metal glow hot, air force from 20% finger flicks being called shockwaves, and 45% just straight up outpacing sound.
Yeah and this is a sentiment I completely agree with and believe myself, it's by no means unfounded at all so you're all good there and considering Damage's like your comment I'd say he also agree's with Deku blatantly being faster than sound normally (I mean he does this with like days of no rest and several untreated injuries all while on the verge of collapsing) though he can say himself if he thinks so

Yeah, I have a new issue with the manga version of the calc (misunderstood it at first), bit I think the general principle of the conclusion is sound.

Question for everyone. Weakened All For One was capable of catching and stopping All Might's attacks, even while in mid air. Yet Prime All For One tried and failed to stop himself from being driven into the ground from Dark Shadow's full power. He even had to use another Quirk to free himself.

Would you say Dark Shadow in this moment is stronger than Weakened All Might? Inasa is helping yeah, but we've seen what just Inasa does to AFO. So I'd say the majority of that is Dark Shadow keeping him down here. Yeah All Might was holding back, but he was still using enough power to hurt AFO and match his Air Cannon.

Question for everyone. Weakened All For One was capable of catching and stopping All Might's attacks, even while in mid air. Yet Prime All For One tried and failed to stop himself from being driven into the ground from Dark Shadow's full power. He even had to use another Quirk to free himself.

Would you say Dark Shadow in this moment is stronger than Weakened All Might? Inasa is helping yeah, but we've seen what just Inasa does to AFO. So I'd say the majority of that is Dark Shadow keeping him down here. Yeah All Might was holding back, but he was still using enough power to hurt AFO and match his Air Cannon.
I mean yeah? I’d assume this means full power Dark Shadow is just comparable to Prime AM in pure strength. He directly overpowers Prime AFO, while causing AFO to feel fear for the first time ever in the series, he’s just built like that.

Maybe but question is how much stronger. Is he Mirko level of stronger than Weakened AM or Fist Bump to the Earth level of stronger or is he just Prime AM level straight up

Stronger than Mirko in my eyes. He's comparable to Prime All Might, which I think we all put above Mirko.
Oh no contest there. This had me thinking, between all the "stronger than Weakened but weaker than Prime" who do you think is stronger: Wolfram's big Cube, Nine's big storm, Fist Bump to the Earth, Ultimate quirk combination and finally just Mirko. My bet on Mirko since she have more showings

She's lower than Endeavor's Flashfire Fist (FFF for short), so I'd assume that Prime AM >>>>> Mirko (I may have missed a few >'s)
She's higher going by feats. She does more damage to the same High-Ends compared to him. Talking about her AP, her dura seems to just be comparable to his.

Edit:

Mirko kicks a High-End who activates a bone defense.

Endeavor punches the same High-End, but his bone defense is much smaller due to that being a surprise attack and Aizawa. Mirko's kick clearly does more damage here.

Last edited:
There is a coliseum and you throw all of these students in:

Phosphor Todoroki

Dark Shadow at Peak Darkness

Full Body Cluster Bakugou

Awakened Shoji

45% Dark Deku (No Gear Shift)

2nd War Arc Jirou

Mirio with Nejire’s Energy Boosts

2nd War Arc Froppy

2nd War Arc Uraraka

Unbreakable Kirishima

Who comes out on top?

Phosphor Todoroki

Awakened Shoji

2nd War Arc Jirou

2nd War Arc Froppy

2nd War Arc Uraraka

Unbreakable Kirishima

Who comes out on top?
My OC

Phosphor Todoroki

Awakened Shoji

2nd War Arc Jirou

2nd War Arc Froppy

2nd War Arc Uraraka

Unbreakable Kirishima

Who comes out on top?
Describe how the actual fight would go down as well

Won't Shoji, Froppy and Uraraka be completely useless thanks to lacking AP and Dura. Also 2 light user means Tokoyami might as well not be there.

What does “Awakened Shoji” even mean, bro has not awakened, that’s Bakugo

Also Bakugo should blitz everyone and body them since his attacks can actually hurt Shigaraki, who is Prime AM level. So he just blitzes and one taps everyone except Deku and Mirio.

If Mirio can react to him, then Mirio wins. If not, Bakugo wins.

Funnily enough Shoto could probably counter Bakugou if he froze the entire area, preventing him from sweating or just necrosis him. Same deal with Mirio, cover yourself and the entire area with ice or fire and Mirio is pretty much dead as he can't stay underground forever and has to pop up for air which will burn or freeze him to death and if he somehow survives that then he can't hurt Shoto since his fist would either get vaporized or crumbled away even before contact

We don't even know what Cluster Bakugo can do. Mirio can't defeat any of them, but just like with Shiggy no one can hit him. Shiggy isn't even trying, because he has no easy way of landing a hit on Mirio. If he could he would do it, but it's faster to just ignore him.

Nejire's energy is only good for four hits at best, assuming he had it on each limb.

Dark Shadow gets horribly destroyed by both Bakugo and Todoroki. Unless Izuku works together with Dark Shadow. DS can kind of keep up with Prime All For One who couldn't avoid his attack and is keeping up with his flight speed as well. I know he's having help from Inasa, but I doubt he's a massive boost as I said above.

But he can only do so much to help against their bright light. Bakugo too quick and bright.

The others are insignificant.

Also Bruh.

Todoroki's range isn't infinite and Mirio can easily just... move away. Todoroki's never been shown to make the air itself freeze or burn people.

Bakugo's full body cluster is the result of storing up his sweat and not having an escape. Which means all of his sweat is stored inside of him at the start of the fight. He likely can't use that Cluster body thing until he has all of that sweat stored up. His ice needs to spread and touch them to freeze them, or he touches them.

Also Bakugo and Izuku have heat resistance as well.

Funnily enough Shoto could probably counter Bakugou if he froze the entire area, preventing him from sweating or just necrosis him. Same deal with Mirio, cover yourself and the entire area with ice or fire and Mirio is pretty much dead as he can't stay underground forever and has to pop up for air which will burn or freeze him to death and if he somehow survives that then he can't hurt Shoto since his fist would either get vaporized or crumbled away even before contact
He gets one tapped by Bakugo before he even pulls up Phosphor, and he can’t nullify the force of attacks, only heat. By the time he slightly moves to attack, Bakugo has already blasted him in the face and made him lose focus on Phosphor.

And Mirio would just shoot out of the ice completely fine, we don’t know if coating the ground in something would affect him since he’d just go through whatever’s on the ground too. Also if he has Nejire’s blasts, then he’d just run at Todoroki and punch him after phasing through an ice attack like he did Shigaraki. And why would his fist be affected, his range is extended with Nejire’s energy.

Also, to reiterate something: Weakened AM characters cannot even scratch Prime AM characters skin. As confirmed by Mirio punching Shigaraki, regardless of whatever scuff marks there seem to be, they are literally incapable of damaging them.

So I once again ask how the ever living **** we don’t take Mega Defense Mode Shigaraki not one tapping Mirko and Suneater as an outlier and instead claim they scale to him when his weakest attacks brutalize them.

Yeah, Bakogou's speed and AP are too much for Todoroki. But regarding Mirio, if Todoroki flood multiple city block wide area around himself with constant fire like what he did during JT then Mirio can't really get close to attack right? He could still run away as Rusty stated but he can't really do anything to hurt Shoto without getting cooked himself right?

Also, to reiterate something: Weakened AM characters cannot even scratch Prime AM characters skin. As confirmed by Mirio punching Shigaraki, regardless of whatever scuff marks there seem to be, they are literally incapable of damaging them.

So I once again ask how the ever living **** we don’t take Mega Defense Mode Shigaraki not one tapping Mirko and Suneater as an outlier and instead claim they scale to him when his weakest attacks brutalize them.
Feats>Statements. (Get the Japanese raws translated, I've seen different ways of translating that line)

Also durability feats don't mean anything for how strong someone is. Just because he tanked that hit with some light bruises doesn't mean he can one shot them.

These are literally Quirkless Shiggy's only showings of power.

Mirio isn't on the same tier as Weakened AM though, right?

Feats>Statements. (Get the Japanese raws translated, I've seen different ways of translating that line)

Also durability feats don't mean anything for how strong someone is. Just because he tanked that hit with some light bruises doesn't mean he can one shot them.

These are literally Shiggy's only showings of power.
Bakugo, who is equal to Mirko in durability, got his face sheared by Shigaraki scraping past to grab his arm. Which was broken in an instant, literally shattered in several areas and bleeding severely from a simple grab.

Mirko, Best Jeanist and Edgeshot got completely taken out of the fight for several minutes when Shigaraki just waved his hand and hit them with Air Pressure.

Mirko got her arm ripped off because Shigaraki’s fingers were so much more powerful than her durability, despite still being weaker than himself.

None of this is consistent with an even stronger Shigaraki punches Mirko and she doesn’t have her face explode.

If grabbing someone’s arm would instantly break it and leave it a twisted mess, punching them in the face should do the exact same to their facial bones. Explain why that did not happen.
Mirio isn't on the same tier as Weakened AM though, right?
We accept Nejire’s blasts on that level for harming Near High Ends. He punched Shigaraki with those blasts and said he didn’t even scratch his skin. Someone get the raws if they don’t like that translation.

Ah. I don't personally consider her to be that high so didn't take it into account.
Well her attacks can destroy his Growth, which has comparable durability to Mirko.

Weakened All Might level just means anyone comparable to me. Endeavor's level would be better for you? The difference really isn't all that high though.

If grabbing someone’s arm would instantly break it and leave it a twisted mess, punching them in the face should do the exact same to their facial bones. Explain why that did not happen.
Lifting Strength doesn't equal Striking Strength. Those are different ways of unleashing force.

Bakugo's skin being ripped by Shiggy's graze hit is just fine. That's just his surface layer skin at best, unless we have reason to believe that went deeper.

Also is there any reason to assume Shiggy's punch didn't break bones? We can't really see inside of them. Aizawa got his orbital floor broken by the Nomu and was like that for awhile. No reason Mirko and Suneater aren't in a similar boat as well. Considering I doubt they'll fight again, we're probably not seeing their injures.

The Burden of Proof lies on you to prove he should decapitated them with one punch or something. He just lacks the feats.

So has anyone noticed there's another very obvious reasoning that isn't being mentioned?

Has to do with Mirko and Shigaraki and is a much better line of discussion. Would even assist with Kingofwolves thing.

Lifting Strength doesn't equal Striking Strength. Those are different ways of unleashing force.

Bakugo's skin being ripped by Shiggy's graze hit is just fine. That's just his surface layer skin at best, unless we have reason to believe that went deeper.

Also is there any reason to assume Shiggy's punch didn't break bones? We can't really see inside of them. Aizawa got his orbital floor broken by the Nomu and was like that for awhile. No reason Mirko and Suneater aren't in a similar boat as well. Considering I doubt they'll fight again, we're probably not seeing their injures.

The Burden of Proof lies on you to prove he should decapitated them with one punch or something. He just lacks the feats.
Him grabbing Bakugo’s arm is not an LS feat, he is literally crushing it so hard it burst into blood around his palm. Wiki does not accept that as LS, otherwise fights would be won with Deku just grabbing someone with inferior LS and squeezing.

His eye and ear are also clearly ****** up, and there is a large difference between him swiping past your face and ripping your flesh off and him punching you in the face and maybe breaking a couple bones. A normal human can do that to someone with comparable durability, are we claiming Mirko has Prime AM durability now? The same Mirko who can’t even survive hits from High Ends without serious injury is actually more durable than them?

I’m just not about this whole “Everyone scales to Prime AM because they didn’t quite die” mentality we have right now, as if trying our hardest to chain people to Deku and Shigaraki’s level in every way possible so they can’t be higher than them tier wise without being called an outlier. Which is exactly what this reasoning is gonna equate to.

Back