• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

And Deku still refers to Faux 100% as Faux 100% when he is heading to UA. If he was at a higher percentage and Faux 100% was somehow faster than 100% OFA, he would simply give it a new percentage the same way he did with 120% output which the Youchi confirms that it is Deku who made the analogy.

I don't think Deku is at an "unknown percentage". People are just assuming but going into the war, he was at 45%. If Deku was at an unknown somehow higher percentage, Horikoshi would have already put it on the page like he always does.
The form he was using against Shigaraki is not 45%, demonstrably. It looks nothing like his 45%, and is clearly him using more power than he was using against Toga.

I would argue that he does still use 45% when he’s fighting people that aren’t Shigaraki, but he absolutely went higher than that given his hair and the intensity of the lightning, as well as his overall willingness to “end this right now.” He was intending on killing or beating Shigaraki right there in the cage, so if anything he would be using 100% since that form is more comparable to 100% Full Cowl than any showing of 45% at all.

And Deku still refers to Faux 100% as Faux 100% when he is heading to UA. If he was at a higher percentage and Faux 100% was somehow faster than 100% OFA, he would simply give it a new percentage the same way he did with 120% output which the Youchi confirms that it is Deku who made the analogy.
Im not claiming he doesn’t use 45% still, but when he fought Shigaraki he was absolutely using a percentage higher than that visually. Whether it was 100% or something lower idk, but claiming Prime All Might level speed Shigaraki is somehow slower than the Faux 100% vs Nagant is ridiculous when that is the exact moment he compares himself to Prime All Might.

He kept up with and no sold a punch from Shigaraki who should be faster/stronger than his Plf self, Prime AM scaling aside. 45% meanwhile admits that he's slower/weaker and got his shit rocked by a casual elbow from that weaker/slower Shigaraki

The form he was using against Shigaraki is not 45%, demonstrably. It looks nothing like his 45%, and is clearly him using more power than he was using against Toga.

I would argue that he does still use 45% when he’s fighting people that aren’t Shigaraki, but he absolutely went higher than that given his hair and the intensity of the lightning, as well as his overall willingness to “end this right now.” He was intending on killing or beating Shigaraki right there in the cage, so if anything he would be using 100% since that form is more comparable to 100% Full Cowl than any showing of 45% at all.
He powered up from 45% to whatever he's using now, It's not 100%, because it doesn't have all the special effects (it's got alot of them though)

Current proposal: Nagant Bullets = 2-3% light speed = 45% Deku < Faux 100% = Baseline Sub-Rel+ = Prime AM = Complete Shigaraki < ?% Deku

There is no way to argue Nagant fight Faux 100% is faster than Prime AM when Deku himself, in the most serious way possible, compares it to Prime AM. And thus Shigaraki would be that fast too, with Deku in his new % just being faster than him.

God damn, High 6-C, Sub-Rel/Sub-rel+ and possibly class P LS(if Maz's calc is correct) MHA! We have been eating good these days. Never would've guessed this from the Small city/High hypersonic days

Current proposal: Nagant Bullets = 2-3% light speed = 45% Deku < Faux 100% = Baseline Sub-Rel+ = Prime AM = Complete Shigaraki < ?% Deku

There is no way to argue Nagant fight Faux 100% is faster than Prime AM when Deku himself, in the most serious way possible, compares it to Prime AM. And thus Shigaraki would be that fast too, with Deku in his new % just being faster than him.
I would agree with this. Faux 100% Deku is unbelievably faster than Nagant’s bullets, he can easily catch up to them and even blitz them while they’re in motion. I know we can’t use calculations, but the calc registers Deku as moving over a dozen times faster than the bullet

The anime version of the Faux 100% feat is borderline lightspeed due to Deku outpacing the light of his own glow, so it’s consistent. 🤓 /s

I don’t think Deku is higher than 45% currently, he’s definitely not 100% since it was stated, numerous times, his current mid gauntlets WILL NOT survive that level of strength and he isn’t flinging blood everywhere from his limbs.

He most likely just “changed art style” due to sheer rage, similar to his Dark Deku stunt. But now he’s just not wearing a mask. At best, he’s in the 50% range.

That, or THIS is what Deku looks like when he uses 45% in his full body for a prolonged period, not for moments of impact (which the anime version of the Muscular Fight proved he still does, he didn’t suddenly LEVEL UP in a coma and randomly was able to use 45% naturally at all times. Only 30 to 45%).

As for how he took a hit from Shigaraki? … god knows. Shigaraki DID hit him with his mass of hands technically, and it broke apart when he hit Deku, so maybe that lessened the full impact? Maybe he slowed the attack with Fa Jin Blackwhip offscreen??

I cannot agree with a lot of this. I don't care how many times Shigaraki is said to be Prime All Might level.

Apart from his own durability feats against mostly Endeavor and Star and Stripes, Shigaraki has displayed neither Prime All Might level strength nor Prime All Might level speed.

Strength
With strength, even if I concede that Deku is higher than 45% (which I don't), he still blocked a full power punch from Shigaraki.

And we know for sure Deku can't use 100% otherwise he would have just used it over the ocean. We also have confirmation from the 2nd that 100% would have destroyed Deku's gear which so far is only built to withstand 45% especially the compression gauntlets. So Deku clearly used less than 100% to block Shigaraki's full strength.

Even if It was somehow 60 or 70%, though I highly doubt such a huge change would happen without Hori putting it in writing, it would still mean Deku used significantly less strength/defence than Prime All Might level to block that hit.

Speed
Speed is even worse. Shigaraki is just not in the same dimension of speed as Deku's Faux 100% even if it's Deku from the Nagant fight.

Nagant is in a hospital gown. She literally just woke up from the hospital bed and couldn't even walk properly so I don't buy that she got some power-up. She is shooting her regular bullets at Shiggy. It's one thing for the first 2 bullets to hit him if he was offguard but the 3rd?

These were bullets even ordinary 45% Deku could react to/catch them/kick them/etc as long as he saw them coming. Nagant's full power bullet was also outsped by Deku from such a huge distance away. If Shigaraki was somehow comparable to Faux 100% speed he would have been able to avoid those WEAKER bullets at the last instance even if they were literally touching his skin.

This is even ignoring basic stuff like AFO-Shiggy having to exchange injury for injury with ordinary Cluster Bakugo to land a counter. This is a version of Bakugo before the power-up. Even in the sparring session before this war starts, this Bakugo is only shown comparable to 45% Deku since he once again manages to give Deku afro-hair.

Faux 100% on the other hand needed close the entire 1A class combining all their moves to catch up. Heck, even Todoroki used Flashfreeze Heatwave as propellant in that and that was a move that had the same air pressure impact as 100% air pressure back in SF. Ochako used her zero gravity to take away their weight, Mina reduced the friction with her acid, the strength types all joined up together to push everyone and then Iida with his costume literally breaking apart finally caught up. That level of speed literally destroyed Iida's (the resident speedster) costume. And it's even brought up how he had a body built for speed yet he was struggling just moving at such speeds.

On the other hand, AFO-Shiggy was getting bullied by Mirko. Speed-wise, Shigaraki didn't not seem an inch faster than Mirko.

Mirko is inferior to Hawks speed-wise. She is not Prime All Might level in speed.

AFO-Shiggy also seemed around the same speed range as Mirio the entire time.

Like these characters are nothing compared to Faux 100% speed. Some of them like Mirio are even slower than 45% Deku.

Until I see those feats from Shigaraki, I don't buy any of this. He has nothing but unsubstantiated statements.

The statements are fine. It's the feats that are an issue.

No matter how anyone stretches those statements I don't see how they answer the obvious gaps in feats.

Shigaraki does not have Prime All Might level strength feats. Given his clash with Deku who is clearly below 100%, Shigaraki does not cut it as Prime All Might level even if we raise Deku's percentage to 60, 70, heck even 80%.

Speed is even worse. I cannot reconcile this given the feats we have and Shiggy has zero, zilch feats on that level. His speed is comparable to mid-tiers at best.

The statements are fine. It's the feats that are an issue.

No matter how anyone stretches those statements I don't see how they answer the obvious gaps in feats.

Shigaraki does not have Prime All Might level strength feats. Given his clash with Deku who is clearly below 100%, Shigaraki does not cut it as Prime All Might level even if we raise Deku's percentage to 60, 70, heck even 80%.

Speed is even worse. I cannot reconcile this given the feats we have and Shiggy has zero, zilch feats on that level. His speed is comparable to mid-tiers at best.
Deku doesn’t blast the entire area into smithereens despite literally going 120% levels of speed and power, which contradicts the “All Might never uses 100% otherwise it’d cause wind storms!” statement, so is Current Deku at 120% FAR, FAR weaker and slower than All Might?

Just because feats don’t replicate what should logically happen, does not mean the statements are invalid. It’s a fiction series. Things will be inconsistent.

Proposal: Add to Deku’s weaknesses, “Danger Sense has a habit of not detecting danger if there’s no living will behind it”

• Didn’t defect AFO’s mansion bomb.
  • Didn’t defect Hatsume’s bomb, Deku even notes this.
  • Didn’t detect Momo’s sleep machine, getting forced into sleep sounds pretty dangerous.
  • Didn’t detect UA falling.

Also

”Deku uses danger sense to avoid Nagant’s bullets” image needs to be removed. He isn’t using danger sense in that scene. During Faux 100% the third even comments on it, after screwing his parallel processes up and freezing, he only used Fa Jin, Blackwhip and OFA.

Cemented by the fact he didn’t immediately locate Nagant after the first shot, he had to predict where she was using her bullet trajectories.

He only uses Fa Jin, Blackwhip, and OFA after that scene when he's about to use Faux 100%, which means in the next chapter.

Like do you not see him Floating on the screen your showing? He was also able to avoid her bullet which came from behind him. What can he sense her bullets now?
Danger Sense is never shown in the scene. He MIGHT be floating, or he might be falling in style.

He can’t sense, but he can probably SEE since he has eyes. Why would the bullet graze him here if he has danger sense on? Earlier, he could spin-kick WHILE FLYING and kick a bullet out of the air coming from behind. But now he can’t??

Danger Sense doesn’t appear in the anime either. Danger Sense is always consistently SHOWN to appear when it’s actively used, why is is arbitrarily not shown for this specific scene?

He uses Blackwhip when he locates Nagant, which he had to do by predicting her trajectories rather than just having Danger Sense instantly locate her direction.

He only uses Fa Jin, Blackwhip, and OFA after that scene when he's about to use Faux 100%, which means in the next chapter.

Like do you not see him Floating on the screen your showing? He was also able to avoid her bullet which came from behind him. What can he sense her bullets now?
I actually agree with Atomic, he’s not using danger sense when he’s dodging the bullets at that point. They’re too fast for Danger Sense to alert him at this point, and there’s no indication of it being used by the lightning bolt in either anime or manga.

He’s predicting and reacting to them, that’s the whole point of how he reverse tracked Nagant. Should be with his Analytical Prediction and not Danger Sense.

He’s predicting and reacting to them, that’s the whole point of how he reverse tracked Nagant. Should be with his Analytical Prediction and not Danger Sense.
Are you dafted? The bullet came from behind him, how does he know the bullet is there? Did he grow eyes in the back of his head. She's closer to him, or did you people forget he said the closer she gets the harder the Fourth's Danger Sense can help him?

He didn't magically turn off Danger Sense either, if he could do that why the hell would he turn it on after waking at U.A. where he was getting yelled at by civilians?

You know we don't need to see Danger Sense pop up in every single attack. Izuku isn't using Blackwhip in that scene either, and he's clearly Floating.

Are you dafted? The bullet came from behind him, how does he know the bullet is there? Did he grow eyes in the back of his head. She's closer to him, or did you people forget he said the closer she gets the harder the Fourth's Danger Sense can help him?

He didn't magically turn off Danger Sense either, if he could do that why the hell would he turn it on after waking at U.A. where he was getting yelled at by civilians?

You know we don't need to see Danger Sense pop up in every single attack. Izuku isn't using Blackwhip in that scene either, and he's clearly Floating.
He can turn off Danger Sense though, as The Third points out.

Personal insults don’t help your case. Can you show Danger Sense’s iconic bolt in the scene?

Deku most likely CHOSE to have Danger Sense on when entering UA… he was literally on edge, terrified that Shigaraki could show up at any moment. He also isn’t one to ignore someone’s feelings, so he let Danger Sense activate for the civilians most likely.

Calling someone an idiot is an insult. Like, inherently.
Is that what daft means?

(Google search) Oh god I'm so sorry, I really did not mean that. I just here the phrase, "are you daft", a lot in shows I watch, I found the word funny.

I meant no disrespect, I was trying to appear jokey.

Is that what daft means?

(Google search) Oh god I'm so sorry, I really did not mean that. I just here the phrase, "are you daft", a lot in shows I watch, I found the word funny.

I meant no disrespect, I was trying to appear jokey.
👍

Everyone learns. Like how you should learn he isn’t using danger sense in the scene.

Except we know that Nagant, at a further distance than this, was shooting so fast that Danger Sense stopped helping. That’s why he didn’t get a Danger Sense ping for when she shot him across the stomach, it cannot alert him fast enough.

Every shot in this scene of him dodging is activating Danger Sense, but he cannot react to the pings at this range. Her shots are coming faster than the pings are. That’s why the bolt is nowhere to be seen, just like when he first got hit. Hence why he’s predicting them and not precognition dodging them.

Him being able to avoid the shots from so many angles, despite not seeing where they’re coming from, to the point that he could reverse track Nagant and find her despite how much the bullets are curving, is LITERALLY why this feat is so impressive for his analytical prediction. Danger Sense is not helping him here when it couldn’t help him at an even further distance than this and he himself stated it was too fast to react to with Danger Sense.

This is just textbook Deku prediction. Just like he predicted Mirio coming from the ground despite being unable to see him from behind and kicking before Mirio even realized he was being predicted.

Attributing this feat solely to Danger Sense is completely incorrect. Even if it was giving him the locations, it would not have been the main factor for him dodging this many shots in quick succession. That is all his Analysis at work, as evidence from Nagant’s saying he was analyzing her shot trajectories to find her. If he could do that despite her shots coming from all over with her crazy curving abilities, then him just being able to react to the shots before they hit him, even if he can’t see them, isn’t exactly impossible.

You’re acting like no anime character with enhanced senses has ever dodged an attack coming from behind them or something without needing precognition.

The main point I'm making here. Besides the fact he's clearly Floating and no speed lines are drawn to show he's falling. In fact he's still above the buildings.

Izuku either grew eyes in the back of his head, or he used Danger Sense to detect Nagant's bullet that coming from behind him. Even Izuku stated that without Danger Sense she would've done him in. Him predicting her bullets doesn't mean he isn't using Danger Sense, he did that last time when he found her location.

When she aimed at Chisaki, that's when he focused on those three. At least that's my opinion. But when dodging her bullets he was using OFA, Float, and Danger Sense.

I won't agree with you on this, so I suggest we stop this discussion. I'll just follow the majority.

Back