• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

2 millions volts (Kaminari's strongest attack) is nothing compared to the 300 million volts a typical lightning have.

Weaker electricity than Kaminari's have been measured to be at Supersonic.

We do have Nine's lightning as MHS+ though.

Huh.....interesting.....

I've been (and still strongly am) in the camp of electrical based attacks =/= lightning speeds but this sets a precedent now, that unless we know the "voltage" of an electrical based attack we can't determine its speed.

Based on what you've said....voltage is the determining factor for speed of electricity correct?
...if this site determines an actual lightning bolt which is 300 million volts, is mach 1300, and if voltage is the determining factor wouldn't Kaminari's strongest attack at 2M volts be mach 9 or 1/150 the lightning bolts speed (2M/300M) ?

But your link that shows the tesla gun....whats the voltage of the electricity from that tesla gun? It isn't listed on the page anywhere....I did a quick Google search and found 100,000 volts for a DIY tesla gun

So....the page you showed slowest speed for the tesla gun is mach 1.6

If 300M volts is mach 1300

but 100K volts is mach 1.6

Then this is telling me 2 things

1. Voltage isn't the factor (or at least not the only factor) in the speed of electricity which means Kaminari's electricity speed can't be determined solely based off voltage

2. Nine's lightning which is clearly far more powerful than natural lightning would be significantly faster than natural lightning which has been determined here to be mach 1300

Huh.....interesting.....

I've been (and still strongly am) in the camp of electrical based attacks =/= lightning speeds but this sets a precedent now, that unless we know the "voltage" of an electrical based attack we can't determine its speed.

Based on what you've said....voltage is the determining factor for speed of electricity correct?
...if this site determines an actual lightning bolt which is 300 million volts, is mach 1300, and if voltage is the determining factor wouldn't Kaminari's strongest attack at 2M volts be mach 9 or 1/150 the lightning bolts speed (2M/300M) ?

But your link that shows the tesla gun....whats the voltage of the electricity from that tesla gun? It isn't listed on the page anywhere....I did a quick Google search and found 100,000 volts for a DIY tesla gun

So....the page you showed slowest speed for the tesla gun is mach 1.6

If 300M volts is mach 1300

but 100K volts is mach 1.6

Then this is telling me 2 things

1. Voltage isn't the factor (or at least not the only factor) in the speed of electricity which means Kaminari's electricity speed can't be determined solely based off voltage

2. Nine's lightning which is clearly far more powerful than natural lightning would be significantly faster than natural lightning which has been determined here to be mach 1300
Interesting stuff.

Interesting stuff.
I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt in the chance I'm missing or misunderstanding something but voltage = speed seems sus given the evidence here

But then again, this is why I'm strongly against the electrical attacks = lighting speed and that also goes for MHA. I would never actually argue Kamanari's attacks being MHS without evidence

My policy is: If it isn't cloud to ground it isn't worth shit

So he surpassed Deku all the way back in the Heroes Rising movie? Where’s that TFS Vegeta quote…

Nah more like

In Heroes Rising The Storm feat was 114.37 GT each

now in the current manga arc, the feat if we keep the same calc method is 114.84 GT

He‘d be one of the two characters who can say they have a calc value higher than a 100% OFA punch even if it’s comparing joint training vs the current manga war arc

i was looking back through the calcs i miss Bakugou’s MHS+ Howitzer. And noticed that Howitzer impact cluster (if we keep the same method and all) is .47 gigatons higher than the heroes rising final Detroit smash
Sorry bro, the only reason that Howitzer Impact reached High 6-C was because of the MHS+ calc, which was put on hold until the anime clears it out.

I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt in the chance I'm missing or misunderstanding something but voltage = speed seems sus given the evidence here
After doing some research I could only find sparse information, such as that increasing the voltage increases the speed of electron flow, but that doesn't necessarily mean faster electricity.

I did find that a minimum amount of voltage is needed to ionize the air and create a lightning, but that's about it.

Sorry bro, the only reason that Howitzer Impact reached High 6-C was because of the MHS+ calc, which was put on hold until the anime clears it out.
Yeah, very tragic
I mean I’d you want me to wank the **** outta the Two Heroes Metal Cube I can get us another high 6-C feat
I did find that a minimum amount of voltage is needed to ionize the air and create a lightning, but that's about it.
At this point we’ll take it

Yes and no.

Voltage generally does not determine the speed of electricity. Although voltage is power, and it is also the pressure that drives electrons. So technically by increasing the voltage you can increase the pressure and does make electrons move faster. But that doesn't mean it decides the speed of the elctricity itself.

Secondly, Therefir isn't really saying that Voltage is the factor of speed. They are just expressing that Kaminari's electricity is vastly different from actual lightning. Lightning itself varies a lot in speed.

This topic is a fair bit more complicated and is something learned in your physics class, especially tertiary levels. It's not something you'd grasp via cursory research or discussion. Most of the time the speed of electricity isn't really the focus of topics either.

There aren't many great feats in Team Up Missions. Most of it is slice of life anyway.

Till this day, I think the Hawks feat is the only one that stands out.

Nevermind, if TUM is canon, then Chapter 2 takes place around after they meet Hawks. Which is around the Endeavor Agency arc.
The speedster villain is faster than Deku and Bakugo, to the point that he moved and Deku couldn't react (Deku wasn't using OFA at that time but yeah).
Said villain is completely unable to react to Hawks.

Nevermind, if TUM is canon, then Chapter 2 takes place around after they meet Hawks. Which is around the Endeavor Agency arc.
The speedster villain is faster than Deku and Bakugo, to the point that he moved and Deku couldn't react (Deku wasn't using OFA at that time but yeah).
Said villain is completely unable to react to Hawks.
Gonna try calculating this

Don't believe anyone has, however...

It's impossible to tell how fast the air around him is spinning, and it isn't like his "tornado" is a constant size. Using the size I can measure at the end and getting a speed of 1000+ m/s from him slamming into Serpenters. Gets me 19 Tons of TNT or 8-B results.

Also the fastest tornado wind speed is 132 m/s, so I doubt the results would be more higher by including the spin as well.

Even by magically making it over 100X bigger, I barely get 7-C results.

Yeah, this "feat" isn't all that impressive. If you want to try it yourself go right ahead though.

Don't believe anyone has, however...

It's impossible to tell how fast the air around him is spinning, and it isn't like his "tornado" is a constant size. Using the size I can measure at the end and getting a speed of 1000+ m/s from him slamming into Serpenters. Gets me 19 Tons of TNT or 8-B results.

Also the fastest tornado wind speed is 132 m/s, so I doubt the results would be more higher by including the spin as well.

Even by magically making it over 100X bigger, I barely get 7-C results.

Yeah, this "feat" isn't all that impressive. If you want to try it yourself go right ahead though.
I was just going to use rotational kinetic energy and given the size of the dust/dirt cloud it should yield some crazy as results. Maybe it won’t, ima try it anyways

What we expecting from the next chapter boys
More of the war.

I have no idea what to expect, Horikoshi can easily just cut back to the Gunga Mountains again or maybe we'll see the group protecting Machia again. Maybe we'll see where Gentle is at, I expect to see some La Brava at the start though. But can't be 100% certain here.

I think we won't see more of Izuku vs Shigaraki right now, despite the tease. Just like how we didn't see Endeavor vs Dabi despite the tease. So I imagine we'll see some La Brava and Gentle Criminal, don't think it'll take up the entire chapter though. Maybe we'll something completely different.

Hot take but idk why people care about La Brava coming back. Like it was a cool reveal or whatever but with the most genuineness I’ve ever had regarding this series, I just do not care

Hot take but idk why people care about La Brava coming back. Like it was a cool reveal or whatever but with the most genuineness I’ve ever had regarding this series, I just do not care
Have you considered that maybe they're hyped because we might get some insight into more of her character?

I guess all that power-scaling must've scrambled your brains, lol.

Have you considered that maybe they're hyped because we might get some insight into more of her character?

I guess all that power-scaling must've scrambled your brains, lol.
It has literally nothing to do with powerscaling you melonhead. I’ve just never been interested in her character at all, and didn’t really have a desire for her to come back anyways.

There are characters I’m curious to see more of, such as the PLF leader and the one dude who can control flowers. I’m also interested in seeing Stain come back, and same with Nagant. It’s just that La Brava has never been an interesting character in my eyes

People like La Brava and Gentle, they're some of my favorite villains. I much prefer La Brava than someone like Nezu hacking Skeptic, due to the fact this was foreshadowed a long time ago and we can see more of their character. I also feel like it helps out their arc as well, and gives more meaning to Izuku's fight with them.

You do you. You can love/hate or be indifferent about anything you want. But don't be too surprised that people will have different opinions.

I've seen some people call this horrible, they don't like it and instead hate it.

Because I like La Brava? She’s an interesting character, has more to give, comes with one of my favorite villains and has a cool Quirk and moveset? Her being a hack based character and countering the villains hacker at a crucial moment is awesome? Especially since it shows that her and Gentle’s story isn’t over. She’s a villain with a bad history that never was truly evil like the others. She and Gentle are first villains to make Deku realize that the bad guys are people and not just evil that needs to be stopped.

So seeing her with the good guys, happy, coming all the way around to save Deku and all the heroes, is cool. Literally his past actions having good consequences.

Back