• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Honestly, I genuinely hope Horikoshi is at least aware Faux 100% outracing a bullet from an insane distance alone should place it in supersonic-hypersonic speeds (which All Mights regular 100% is comparable to) even without any calculations and just basic logic.

If he suddenly starts saying each gear represents a single digit Mach number then he's just...wrong, is the mildest possible way I can put it without being banned from here. really hoping mha doesn't suffer jjk's fate

If he suddenly starts saying each gear represents a single digit Mach number then he's just...wrong, is the mildest possible way I can put it without being banned from here. really hoping mha doesn't suffer jjk's fate
I feel you.

There's just no conceivable way that All Might is anything less than double-digit Mach speed... or Deku. Especially when you consider that he outraced a super bullet, which can already be assumed to be traveling at hypersonic speeds.

Everytime an author state a character's speed, my mind immediately goes to that one feat where The Flash save an entire city from an nuclear explosion. The author stated he did it just under light speed when in reality the feat clocks out at trillions of times the speed of light, author's comment is something not to take seriously everytime

Honestly, I genuinely hope Horikoshi is at least aware Faux 100% outracing a bullet from an insane distance alone should place it in supersonic-hypersonic speeds (which All Mights regular 100% is comparable to) even without any calculations and just basic logic.
Just in: local battleboarder operates under the belief that everybody is aware of battleboarding logic.

There’s too many supersonic feats from low tiers for it to apply imo

5% Deku has no trouble dodging bullets

Tokoyami can straight up react to electricity point blank

S2 Iida can generate Mach rings with Recipro Burst

Even while drunk and dizzy, Mirio had no trouble dodging a bullet at close range

Chimera can literally punch people and launch them faster than sound (against Sugarman)

Pretty much everyone in verse can react to Bakugou’s explosions, which are supersonic

Season 1 Shigaraki can perception blitz the UA students from quite a distance away (which comes out to supersonic)

Probably more feats but yeah

Last edited:
deku aim-dodged

the electricity is as fast as a regular car going the legal speed limit

just some cool effect for the sake of being cool

mirio still predicted them and so the feat just gives him a minor resistance to being drunk or sum lol

movie only so thats artistic licence

they aim dodge the explosions

author has no idea how fast that is so superhuman at best

Supersonic low-tiers debunked. Top tiers are actually as fast as a train with special heroes like Hawks being able to reach Mach 1 by going straight and no interruptions 🥱

deku aim-dodged

the electricity is as fast as a regular car going the legal speed limit

just some cool effect for the sake of being cool

mirio still predicted them and so the feat just gives him a minor resistance to being drunk or sum lol

movie only so thats artistic licence

they aim dodge the explosions

author has no idea how fast that is so superhuman at best

Supersonic low-tiers debunked. Top tiers are actually as fast as a train with special heroes like Hawks being able to reach Mach 1 by going straight and no interruptions 🥱
I know you’re joking but you can unironically use these as justifications because we all know Hori isn’t calculating anything.

His scale of what the characters are in universe is not what’s on this wiki otherwise we wouldn’t have things like bullet punches Rappa being hyped up or Hawks being called supersonic.

87004406-B7-D3-4124-BFB5-9-DBB8-A2-E98-BE.jpg

I know you’re joking but you can unironically use these as justifications because we all know Hori isn’t calculating anything.

His scale of what the characters are in universe is not what’s on this wiki otherwise we wouldn’t have things like bullet punches Rappa being hyped up or Hawks being called supersonic.
I don’t really understand this logic, Superman is literally said to be “faster than a speeding bullet” as a hype statement when he’s billions of times FTL and performs feats that can only be done by FTL people.

If Horikoshi doesn’t believe his characters are supersonic, it is blatantly Death of the Author.

I don’t really understand this logic, Superman is literally said to be “faster than a speeding bullet” as a hype statement when he’s billions of times FTL and performs feats that can only be done by FTL people.

If Horikoshi doesn’t believe his characters are supersonic, it is blatantly Death of the Author.
Faster than a speeding bullet is a thing from like really old superman that just stuck around. Even then the ftl supermen you’re talking about do have those on panel feats or even statements to quantify them.

It’s interesting that you think the works of fans supersede what’s presented in universe.

Well actually, that can mean hyperbole. Especially since instantly would mean infinite speed which is something even gear shift doesn't demonstrate. So, "instantly" would just mean faster than 45%🥱

It’s interesting that you think the works of fans supersede what’s presented in universe.
You’re not understanding what I’m saying. If there are consistent supersonic feats in the verse (feats that don’t even need calcs, they’re just supersonic via sheer logic and the feat itself) and the author doesn’t think they are supersonic, the author is wrong

You’re not understanding what I’m saying. If there are consistent supersonic feats in the verse (feats that don’t even need calcs, they’re just supersonic via sheer logic and the feat itself) and the author doesn’t think they are supersonic, the author is wrong
Of the stuff you listed only Deku dodging bullets is blatantly supersonic.

Back