• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Complaining about calcs being revised is not criticism, especially when that person says calcs as a whole on this site are a joke.
And he says this because calcs are constantly being revised, which takes away its reliability, according to him. That in no way is not considered criticism.

5-F137042-4-E34-4-DCF-A5-E6-7-DA83-D499880.jpg

Is it just me or does human all for one aka before he put on the mask and injuries, looks hot

I mean that they are fast enough to hit Deku with OFA and therefore scale to that speed.

Also why is it only listed as combat speed? Deku straight up jumped away from the laser, that’s movement speed

Only reason why 10% is Hypersonic+ is because it's faster than Izuku's 8% speed which is faster than his base speed.

Deku's base speed cannot equal his 10% speed.

Only reason why 10% is Hypersonic+ is because it's faster than Izuku's 8% speed which is faster than his base speed.

IMO it should mean that Deku’s base speed isn’t much slower than 8 or 10%. I’d honestly say him downscaling to plain Hypersonic is fair but it’s whatever

8% Deku is Mach 9 because of Bakugo's feat during Heroes Rising, Base Deku doesn't really have nothing to do with.

In fact we are scaling Base Deku's combat speed to Bakugo as well.

The jump itself is not as fast as the laser, at least most of the jump wasn't.
I agree that the jump is slower than the laser but I still think there is a degree of downscaling for his movement speed, maybe down to baseline Hypersonic. It is still a full-body-movement feat at the end of the day and he traversed a considerable distance

Idk tho

8% Deku is Mach 9 because of Bakugo's feat during Heroes Rising, Base Deku doesn't really have nothing to do with.

Sorry, I worded it badly. I know the 8% is rated that fast based on that feat, but was just trying to point out that 8% Deku is faster than base Deku anyway.

Sorry, I worded it badly. I know the 8% is rated that fast based on that feat, but was just trying to point out that 8% Deku is faster than base Deku anyway.
8% Deku is faster than Joint Training Base Deku, but who knows about Endeavor Agency Base Deku.
I agree that the jump is slower than the laser but I still think there is a degree of downscaling for his movement speed, maybe down to baseline Hypersonic. It is still a full-body-movement feat at the end of the day and he traversed a considerable distance
It could be, I'm not allowed to change stats without discussion so I just added it as support for his current base speed.

It's far better than just putting "Faster than before".

Base Deku (albeit slower) managed to dodge the beam by jumping a considerable distance, and that same beam tagged 10% Deku

This is blatantly a reason for Deku to downscale
Do you even hear that reasoning?
"Base Deku could dodge something 10% couldn't" If you cannot see the problem in that scaling then lordy lord. I don't remember Deku being unable to accurately dodge these, he only failed to do so once extremely fatigued, and being overwhelmed by a countless amount of lasers from all angles, iirc. Hell, I'm pretty sure in one scene we even see that the reversed damage was tearing Deku's muscle fibers.

"Base Deku could dodge something 10% couldn't" If you cannot see the problem in that scaling then lordy lord.
Base Deku doesnt have to be as fast as 10% Deku to dodge something. Deku still dodged the lasers most of the time but got tagged at some point

This just implies there isn’t a vast difference between Deku’s speed in base form and at 10%

Base Deku doesnt have to be as fast as 10% Deku to dodge something. Deku still dodged the lasers most of the time but got tagged at some point

This just implies there isn’t a vast difference between Deku’s speed in base form and at 10%
So just ignore me pointing out Deku being fatigued and being overwhelmed.
Deku in 10% casually dodged several lasers from different angles, only failing to dodge them once they were being redirected all around Deku.
Again, Deku was only tagged when more than 3 lasers were being directed in all types of angles around Deku.
They don’t scale to his speed at all and nor do base deku.

If 5% is a big enough of a boost to allow Deku to keep up with FTE speeds (Suppressed Gran Torino and Recipro Burst) then why would base be anything near 10%? Why would base be close to 10% in speed and not power? Both are essentially reliant on the same source (strength).

They don’t scale to his speed at all and nor do base deku.
Irrelevant, I'm pretty sure if we calculated the lasers' movement compared to Deku's 10% movements, the lasers would get greater results, because that's how it was animated, Deku doesn't need to move his limbs as fast as the lasers to avoid them.

In fact, there is a calculation assuming the lasers are lightspeed, and Deku's calculated speed was significantly lower than the lasers.

So the lasers are definitely Hypersonic+ in movement, Deku being able to "casually dodge several lasers from different angles" is a skill feat, as they are faster than him.

Last edited:
Should we add to Prime AFO’s profile “Casually intercepted a massively amplified bullet from behind and crushed it without looking at it” from Chapter 369, where he defeated the 2nd OFA user

I think it’s a good statement for his speed

Iirc OFA isn't a multiplier but rather an addition to power. So it could be reasonable to assume that Base Endeavor Agency Deku grew to be as fast if not faster than JT 8% but still slower than 10%. That's just my personal interpretation

Does anyone know where these are from? Deku's quirks notes. It seems pretty recent since it even has Gear Shift.

If 5% is a big enough of a boost to allow Deku to keep up with FTE speeds (Suppressed Gran Torino and Recipro Burst) then why would base be anything near 10%? Why would base be close to 10% in speed and not power? Both are essentially reliant on the same source (strength).
This is just scaling on this site. At the end of the day, most characters are not special in-universe in their base state. But most people don't scale based on in-universe logic but instead like calcing everything. If it's raw movement speed, base Deku is nothing special. He would probably be the same level as any other trained characters in their base like base All Might, Ochako, Eraserhead, etc.

He is not special enough in base for any character in-universe to remark that there is anything special about them.

So far, very few characters have actually been acknowledged to have stellar base stats by in-universe standards and off the top of my head it all happened in Vigilantes: Knuckleduster (Aizawa thinking he had some type of strength enhancer quirk) and Stain (his agility and strong legs were mentioned).

Never seen these before but I wonder if they have anything new. Maybe confirmation on what percentage he’s on now.
Hopefully it isn't cannon or anything. It says "When it comes to the upper gears, the sound is left behind, but it seems that 5 minutes of use is the limit." yet again making it look like soundspeed is impressive💀

Back