• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Should Shigaraki get a “higher with Plus Ultra” for his speed? Unlike the other Plus Ultras which are mental amps, Shigaraki was directly stated to become faster than before

This episode was gas bruh.

I knew everyone was gonna sleep on this one because of the last episode. Bone's just proved them wrong, lol.
Right? This episode was pretty great. There’s not a ton I can say besides it was adapted quite well.
Also next week: DABI’S DANCE. We’ll probably end on Thanks for Going Strong which is a great ending point. Also any word on when the second cour begins?

I’d actually die laughing tbh. Although all the HxH fans who think Meruem beats AM would come crawling out of the woodwork.

What's hilarious is HxH characters WISH they had supersonic plus characters....it took a post Rose Meruem 5 minutes to fly back from the Rose bomb site to the castle which has been calced to be under 100 miles. .....

Doesn't meruem already Blitz all might using this sites calcs?
There's some mistransplated scans about hundreds of thousands of blows when its actually hundreds and thousands, realistically putting HxH in the high hypersonic range is being extremely generous

What's hilarious is HxH characters WISH they had supersonic plus characters....it took a post Rose Meruem 5 minutes to fly back from the Rose bomb site to the castle which has been calced to be under 100 miles. .....
Where has it been calced at under 100 miles? Didn't deku take a lot of time to fly these 200 km too?

There's some mistransplated scans about hundreds of thousands of blows when its actually hundreds and thousands, realistically putting HxH in the high hypersonic range is being extremely generous
I actually translated them and they apparently do say hundreds of thousands dude

Where has it been calced at under 100 miles? Didn't deku take a lot of time to fly these 200 km either?
The HxH world is based off the real world except the continents are flipped around, it was stated Meruem had to flight North to get to the castle and looking at the map it wouldn't be more than 100 miles (and that's being generous)

There's also Killua being capped at 150 MPH

Deku was holding back and we already know a weakened All Might can fly from Okinama to Tokyo in a few minutes which is over 1200 miles, or fly from Tokyo to Osaka (over 300 miles) in what appears to be a few minutes to stop a robbery and then beat down 100 villains and save a bunch of civilians in under 3 seconds

That calc with the Tokyo Sky Egg would already be leagues ahead as well
I actually translated them and they apparently do say hundreds of thousands dude
It doesn't, sending you a message to avoid derailing the thread

Last edited:
Also there's a blatant difference between movement and reactionary speed, that's why the Strawhat Crew despite being severely wanked at being light speed still ride around in a fking sail boat and why supposed light speed characters can take hours if not days to travel a few hundred miles.....

All Might being able to zip across Japan in what appears to be a few minutes is already a better traversal/movement showing than a majority of characters

The HxH world is based off the real world except the continents are flipped around, it was stated Meruem had to flight North to get to the castle and looking at the map it wouldn't be more than 100 miles (and that's being generous)

There's also Killua being capped at 150 MPH

Deku was holding back and we already know a weakened All Might can fly from Okinama to Tokyo in a few minutes which is over 1200 miles, or fly from Tokyo to Osaka (over 300 miles) in what appears to be a few minutes to stop a robbery and then beat down 100 villains and save a bunch of civilians in under 3 seconds

That calc with the Tokyo Sky Egg would already be leagues ahead as well

It doesn't, sending you a message to avoid derailing the thread
I don’t doubt you but you have the chapter numbers for those? I wanna have those up my sleeve.

Sigh...If the lasers Star&Stripe caught were confirmed light speed we wouldn't have this conversation

Black Clover scaling is weird like they have light speed statements sure but then they argue things that aren’t light speed are like Gauche was scared of a lightspeed attack.
I'm not denying light speed exist to some extent in Black Clover but its hilarious how people use lightning magic and call it true lightning and its somehow a threat in a world where light speeders are walking around.

Is it just me or does the crater look way more like vaporization than pulverization? I talked about it a few days ago but now that I’m looking at the scan, I can’t see how the smaller crater isn’t vaporization

Is it just me or does the crater look way more like vaporization than pulverization? I talked about it a few days ago but now that I’m looking at the scan, I can’t see how the smaller crater isn’t vaporization
You need evidence for vaporization, especially if you're talking about the entire ground there.

It's almost impossible to tell the difference between vaporization and pulverization of objects such as rocks in a manga.

Just being a smooth crater doesn't tell use anything, and being able to vaporize one thing doesn't mean it also vaporized something else.

You know that vaporization would have a bunch of gas/vapor clouds in that crater? And pulverization would have a bunch dust clouds flying around. It's almost impossible to tell the difference between dust and vapor in this media. That's why we require more evidence of vaporization.

Back