• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also does anyone know what the material of the metal towers in the Joint Training arc were made of? I am using mild steel for my calc, and it’s giving me Class M results for Tetsutetsu’s LS

If you’re using what i think you’re using, doesn’t work, the tower’s foundation no longer exited and it was wobbly, slippery, muddy. Idk what the dude quirk did. It’s not a viable feat.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, I got told that it wasnt viable

Currently I'm using the fake weapon bomb iida lifted and literally dashed with for LS/Speed/KE (Last one was just for fun), I don't know if it works but I blogged it just for the hell of it

If you’re using what i think you’re using, doesn’t work, the tower’s foundation no longer exited and it was wobbly, slippery, muddy. Idk what the dude quirk did. It’s not a viable feat.
The dudes quirk doesn’t lessen the weight tho, it just makes it soft and liquid. And even if the foundation wasn’t there, Kirishima still pushed the weight

The dudes quirk doesn’t lessen the weight tho, it just makes it soft and liquid. And even if the foundation wasn’t there, Kirishima still pushed the weight
If you can show me him picking the object up and flipped it over I’ll drop it, otherwise it’s jot being accepted because he didn’t do it.

You like calcing stuff right? Calc this for me when you get time.
Feat 1 Feat 2 (on the far left side you can see a mountain which can be used for reference)
Not mha related but who cares

If Aizawa is Mach 9.63 scaling from 8% Deku, wouldn’t that make the Overclock multiplier higher? Currently, we scale the multiplier to Aizawa being Mach 7 even though we now scale him higher

If we change the values, Rappa, Overhaul, Nine, and 20% Deku will scale to High Hypersonic (Mach 28.89)

Why do we not Scale Shouto’s attack speed to hypersonic as well?

He manages to block stain with half hot, it’s fast enough to hit Bakugou who is hypersonic, etc etc

I calculated Dabi (or Tamaki) creating clouds over the Kanto to Kansai region at 727 Gigatons, or High 6-C+

Not sure if the method is correct however

I calculated Dabi (or Tamaki) creating clouds over the Kanto to Kansai region at 727 Gigatons, or High 6-C+

Not sure if the method is correct however
I think the result mainly came because of how thick I found the clouds to be, they were over 27 km wide scaling from the scan of Deku flying to Shigaraki

Could have scaled the width wrong tho, so I’ll check

Season 6, Episode 7 ends with the students getting ready to face off against Machia. As expected.

The anime continues the original air battle between Endeavor and Shigaraki from last episode. To reiterate, Shigaraki dodged Endeavor's big attack and punched him into the ground in the manga. The battle they're having right now is completely anime original, and I really do like how they're doing it.

Shiggy using his All Might level strength to create wind pressure that counters Endeavor's Hellflame. Looks really good and shows how strong Shiggy really is. Endeavor's flames can burn him, but they have to touch him first, and he can blow them away with his sheer strength.

I really like this. Shows us how Shiggy can move around in mid air, and show us clearly that Endeavor can't defeat him by himself. Even with his Quirks erased right now. They still have Shiggy end up behind Endeavor and punch him into the ground and crashing into Ryukyu. The pose is the same and it's just as disrespectful.

Interestingly enough, they added a line of the Doctor stating the Near High-Ends are stronger than the Upper-Tier Nomu. This wasn't in the manga, or if this line was in the manga it wasn't translated properly. Note: In the translated manga the Doctor just says they're quite strong.

Also Shiggy overpowering Izuku looks really funny. Endeavor's punch and his bouncing across the ground were also done really well. First half of the episode ended with Endeavor's very well animated Vanishing Fist. The second part showcasing the battle at the Mountain.

They did expand the scene to show Dabi taking Skeptic, as we all expected. Also we see Mr. Compress giving Toga her spare clothes. Mt. Lady' struggle against Machia is really well done, I think the voice actor is really selling me how much she's straining to just try and slow him down.

Also I always wanted to mention this, but Kamui Woods should have Low-Mid Regeneration, since he's able to regrow his limbs after being burned off by Dabi. This isn't anime only and was shown in the manga, I just never found any good time to bring this up.

Next episode preview is named after Chapter 279, and last episode ended exactly on 278. However next episode preview shows Shigaraki on the ground and him about to get up. Considering the pacing of around three chapters per episode, could end on Shiggy about to throw the Quirk Erasing Bullet at Aizawa.

Could end in some earlier part in Chapter 281, but I don't think we're just getting two chapters. So we should at least get Shiggy's big speech next episode. We're only a few more episodes away before Izuku forces Shiggy to learn what a paddle ball feels like. Seven episode in and I say the anime is still going strong.

Nothing so far has hit me as being terrible. Even in scenes were I prefer the manga over it, I don't see it as being awful. Still frames are used in places I'm fine with.

Last edited:
Shigaraki: Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru.

Endeavor: Nani!?

The anime showed that he kneed Endeavor in the gut and continued to drive him down into Ryukyu and later the ground. This is possible, we never see the impact in the manga. We just see that he did hit them from faraway. So I don't mind saying that is what he did instead of punching.

Also these shots of Endeavor facing Shigaraki are so cool. They really showcase his absurd raw strength.

We rarely saw Shiggy attack or do anything with air pressure during Jaku, so I appreciate this stuff.

I'm really wondering where they are saving the sakuga for this season cause so far we haven't gotten anything on the level of stuff like Endeavor vs Hood and Deku vs Overhaul.

Next episode doesn't seem to have anything amazing-looking so maybe it's the Deku vs Shigaraki sky-battle that will receive most/some of the focus.

I also kinda wish they changed the backgrounds but someone at Shueisha/Toho/Bones/whatever seems to have been bribed by Atelier Musa cause I was watching some recent episodes of Boruto and even Boruto has better backgrounds and lighting than MHA despite all the animation issues.

There is definitely a way to light a war scene and it isn't with bright blue skies and barely drawn clouds. It's like the dust from a huge section of the city being destroyed didn't even obscure some of the light.

I'm really wondering where they are saving the sakuga for this season cause so far we haven't gotten anything on the level of stuff like Endeavor vs Hood and Deku vs Overhaul.

Next episode doesn't seem to have anything amazing-looking so maybe it's the Deku vs Shigaraki sky-battle that will receive most/some of the focus.

I also kinda wish they changed the backgrounds but someone at Shueisha/Toho/Bones/whatever seems to have been bribed by Atelier Musa cause I was watching some recent episodes of Boruto and even Boruto has better backgrounds and lighting than MHA despite all the animation issues.

There is definitely a way to light a war scene and it isn't with bright blue skies and barely drawn clouds. It's like the dust from a huge section of the city being destroyed didn't even obscure some of the light.
Coming back after watching CSM really show how bad the lighting and background in MHA is

Shigaraki really need heat resist for tanking Bakugou's explosions and limited fire resist for taking Endeavor's steel melting fire without having his flesh and skin melt off like the High ends

Shigaraki: Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru.

Endeavor: Nani!?

The anime showed that he kneed Endeavor in the gut and continued to drive him down into Ryukyu and later the ground. This is possible, we never see the impact in the manga. We just see that he did hit them from faraway. So I don't mind saying that is what he did instead of punching.

Also these shots of Endeavor facing Shigaraki are so cool. They really showcase his absurd raw strength.

We rarely saw Shiggy attack or do anything with air pressure during Jaku, so I appreciate this stuff.
It's awesome that we get to see him just casually slap the air and have this shit happen

Also really puts into perspective about how weak(?) air pressure in the MHA verse is, like Endeavour can clash with Air Pressure, but then gets completely demolished when it comes to raw strength

Anyone answer this please

cause I looked up rivet on the MHA wiki and it didn’t say anything regarding pain
All For One stated that using Rivet Stab in Tomura's Spine was reducing the pain/burden on his body. Chapter 290.

However I don't know if this literally means it made him feel less pain than normal. I think he was feeling less pain because Rivet Stab was being used from his spine to keep himself upright, instead of placing that pressure/force on his weakened body. That isn't resistance to pain, which is to feel pain but less than normal.

This is akin to using a crutch to lessen the pressure on your leg while walking. At least that's what I was thinking.

I wouldn't really like that approach, I was never fan of the fusion voice speaking thing. Not even in Dragon Ball.

It was fine when they did it in this episode, as it was AFO speaking through Shigaraki.

But their fusion should just have Shiggy's voice, until they start destabilizing.

Back