• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

For more proof of the “normal MHA humans are insanely strong”, Deku noted that 5% wasn’t much stronger than his base strength, and 5% could easily shatter metal beams, punch craters in solid steel, and withstand building sized explosions from Bakugou
5% isn't quite that good in the manga tbh. Only the explosion point is valid for the main series.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mazdoesstuff2/Kirishima_outruns_a_giant’s_hand

Anyways I was wondering if I could finally get this evaluated

Where are the scans you are still linking the old ones and I can clearly see how Gigantomachia's hand is more than meter away from Mina without any scaling, how are you getting 33 centimeters.

This is annoying.

5% isn't quite that good in the manga tbh. Only the explosion point is valid for the main series.
5% Deku was able to destroy this rock formation where those students are standing:

So he is not that weak, it can probably reach Building level results.

Also I’m gonna do the Gran Torino calc tonight since I found a way to angsize Shigaraki’s hand and Deku’s head to find the distance

Actually wait calc aside, should Kirishima just get the High Hypersonic+ straight up? He covered way more distance than Gigantomachia did, and ended up intercepting her faster than he could

Idk how this thing works where the calc is lower than the actual feat

Yeah I'm pretty sure if you outpaced someone's combat speed you would just fully scale to it.

But then we have cases like Gran Torino outpacing Shigaraki's arm.

Yeah I'm pretty sure if you outpaced someone's combat speed you would just fully scale to it.

But then we have cases like Gran Torino outpacing Shigaraki's arm.
I actually think Gran Torino should straight up scale to Shigaraki. The only time I recall that Torino got slammed was when Shigaraki went Plus Ultra, which Endeavor confirmed that he became much faster

It would still be funny to have a Kirishima with High Hypersonic+ movement speed, but there's nothing to suggest that it's an outlier.

Unless we assume Machia wasn't giving his all, or that his combat speed should be scaling to a lower value.

His current justification for HH+ combat speed is kind of weak.

Machia's speed is a little suspect. Since his speed was never compared to the High-Ends, only his power/toughness was something the Doctor was talking about.

Also landing a hit on Gran Torino would mean he'd scale to Machia. It's possible Machia harmed Gran Torino via the sheer AOE of his attack and not because he landed a direct hit on him. His wound could even be from the first attack Machia launched. We don't really know how the fight went down between them.

I don't mind having Machia just keep his first rating for his speed. With High Hypersonic+ being dropped until we get more reason to believe he scales.

His speed's only real justification comes from Gran Torino scaling, which isn't really all that solid since this happened offscreen. We don't know how it went down.

2EANXDs.png

anyways the nine feat is in the last stages of going

It’s just if damage says v.frag is good for it to be 8-B

Do you think it is likely that Gran Torino is 164 times faster than Shigaraki?
I mean that’s how the feat portrayed it, Shigaraki was about to touch Deku and Gran Torino came from a distance away and saved him.

It can be argued whether Shigaraki was fully trying or not, but the feat is there nonetheless of whether I think it’s a bit odd or not

I don't think the "feat" is really there tbh because there's no suggestion that Shigaraki is reaching for them at the speed of sound.

Back