• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA: Resistance to Existence Erasure for Deku

Hello everyone, I noticed something on my reread of My Hero Academia. In Chapter 158 of MHA, Deku is in close vicinity to Eri and even held her for a considerable amount of time while her power was running. For the record, Eri’s power was running while she was held by Deku, so he was withstanding Eri’s power to reverse time of living beings, which she used to erase her father from existence in the past.

While her power wasn’t as strong as it was in the past due to it being a sudden awakening of her quirk, her power still possesses the same ability to unwind things out of time, with Deku even noting that the power was akin to getting “pulled apart from the inside”. So, Deku still withstood some degree of Existence Erasure from Eri.

What does this mean?

There are two possible routes that can be taken with Deku’s resistance to her power, since it’s unsure how powerful her erasure was at the time of Deku’s proximity to her. So, we can either:

Give Deku the full “Resistance to Existence Erasure

OR

Give Deku a LIMITED “Resistance to Existence Erasure”

It is clear that Deku withstood some degree of erasure from Eri’s power, but the level is unsure since her power may have gotten weaker from the time she erased her father. So, I’ll leave that topic up for debate

Deku literally noted that his body was in the part of “being pulled apart from the inside” yet he still resisted it. Of course he smashed his own body to slow the process but even when he wasn’t fighting, he was actively resisting the effects as shown in the scan I linked
Eri's Quirk doesn't instantaneously erase targets out of existence. Deku still being alive after experiencing her Quirk doesn't mean he's resisting being erased from existence.

Eri's Quirk doesn't instantaneously erase targets out of existence. Deku still being alive after experiencing her Quirk doesn't mean he's resisting being erased from existence.
The quirk actually operates extremely quickly, as shown with All For One being rewound maybe 50 to 100 years back into his prime in likely under a minute. Meanwhile, Deku was in the vicinity of Eri for longer without smashing his body, and didn’t experience effects like that

I think imma agree with damage on this one though. Deku was actively pulverizing himself all at once just by being at 100% in the first place. Plus Eri herself was actively trying her hardest to not erase Deku. Meanwhile AFO only just acquired the quirk through a bullet which he has no means of understanding on his first get go.

Like Deku not getting insta blinked out of existence could just be explained by Eri actively trying her hardest to make sure that didn’t happen.

I think imma agree with damage on this one though. Deku was actively pulverizing himself all at once just by being at 100% in the first place. Plus Eri herself was actively trying her hardest to not erase Deku. Meanwhile AFO only just acquired the quirk through a bullet which he has no means of understanding on his first get go.

Like Deku not getting insta blinked out of existence could just be explained by Eri actively trying her hardest to make sure that didn’t happen.
Eri trying her hardest not to erase Deku doesn’t mean much, her power was solely passive at the time and not something that could be activated or disabled on her own will.

Eri trying her hardest not to erase Deku doesn’t mean much, her power was solely passive at the time and not something that could be activated or disabled on her own will.
I didn’t say she needed to disable it. She could’ve just been mitigating it.

You'll need to call in more staff because so far this has been rejected.

First off: This wouldn't be resistance to Existence Erasure even if he did resist Eri's Quirk. She rewinds people or have you forgotten? Existence Erasure is just a side effect of being fully rewind back to nothing. If this was legit, this would be resistance to her rewind and not existence erasure.

However Izuku has no resistance, he was affected and nothing stated it was less effective on him. This alone ends the discussion.

Unless you provide a statement/scan that says clearly rewind is less effective on him then this is going nowhere.

The speed of Eri's Rewind is completely inconsistent. Also AFO didn't rewind over 50 years, he's gone back to at least 6-7 years. AFO's prime was before he fight All Might, which was around 6-7 years ago. The only person who was erased instantly was Eri's father, and at no point has her power been shown to do that again.

If Izuku had some special resistance, why in the sweet hell would no one mention it? Chisaki isn't completely flabbergasted that Izuku isn't being erased instantly. Actually Chisaki straight up tells him that he'll be destroyed if he doesn't let her go. Meaning he knows and fully expect that Eri can't erase Izuku instantly.

Either Chisaki somehow knows Izuku already has resistance, or maybe everyone in the MHA verse has resistance except for Eri's Father?

I heavily disagree with this.

I believe I already explained why this instance wouldn’t give Izuku resistances if any kind up above.

OP even seemed to drop this thread as well so idk why it was bumped.

Back