• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I don't think the "feat" is really there tbh because there's no suggestion that Shigaraki is reaching for them at the speed of sound.
Shigaraki’s arm was already extended previously, his jump surpassed the speed of sound. He jumped to Bakugou and Deku using Air Cannon, and then Gran Torino saved them

Because when we actually do see Shigaraki trying, he is blitzing Endeavor and Gran Torino.
I guess it just means we can assume Shigaraki was speed of sound without trying. Endeavor could easily keep up with Shigaraki’s supersonic jump, so it would make sense for Gran Torino to nab Bakugou and Deku out of the way

Because when we actually do see Shigaraki trying, he is blitzing Endeavor and Gran Torino.
i mean he is quite casual here so it’s not the worst assumption To say that he can move faster than the two when he’s trying

We see him propel himself with air cannon iirc, which is comfirmed in AFO v Endeavor, Hawks, Jiro, and Tokoyami that it is a shockwave quirk (atleast SOS), so I wouldn’t put it past the whole Newton’s third law thing

It's just avoiding calc stacking. If you know Shigaraki could be travelling a certain speed thanks to Air Cannon, then substituing Speed of Sound in instead is just concealing the calc stacking. Speed of sound should not be used here.

Endeavor, Rocklock, Ryukyu, Gran Torino, etc all being alive and barely injured for the first part kinda shows Shigaraki was not taking the fight that seriously at first.

Otherwise why would Rock Lock even be alive when he literally stood in front of Shigaraki to intercept him and didn't even get touched. Shigaraki could have added an extra stomp when standing on Endeavor for good measure as well. He also only grazed Torino and Endeavor when they were going in on him when he clearly had the speed and power to land crippling blows on them.

There's also the fact that characters being supersonic, hypersonic, heck even Lightspeed doesn't mean they move at those speeds 24/7. If every verse used those rules then verses like DC would have even fodder random thugs being Lightspeed for reacting to characters like Superman, the Flash, etc.

People here refuse to agree that Shigaraki was casual for the earlier parts of the fight.
Im not saying he wasn’t casual lol im just saying that doesn’t disprove him being supersonic

Shigaraki’s jump is depicted to be supersonic multiple times regardless of him being casual

I appeared once here asking if it's worth starting the manga now and if it's any good. Pp l told me objectively it is, I haven't followed this thread besides and been caught up on MHA...

But I'm here to ask another question.

Is the fandom still as cringe and disappointing as it was or it's starting to evolve? 💀💀

I appeared once here asking if it's worth starting the manga now and if it's any good. Pp l told me objectively it is, I haven't followed this thread besides and been caught up on MHA...

But I'm here to ask another question.

Is the fandom still as cringe and disappointing as it was or it's starting to evolve? 💀💀
Meh it’s still bad but it’s nothing really too insane for anime fandoms

It's just avoiding calc stacking. If you know Shigaraki could be travelling a certain speed thanks to Air Cannon, then substituing Speed of Sound in instead is just concealing the calc stacking. Speed of sound should not be used here.
Shigaraki propelling himself with Air Cannon actually makes him faster than Endeavor, so I don't know what Acer is trying to prove with that, Gran Torino is hundreds of times faster than Endeavor as well?

They are using quirks for this type of destruction. Peak human in MHA world just means a character without using any powers cause that's basically what Spinner is.
Is he not passively using his quirks? Even then, i fail to see the confusion here. He, as according to you all is a superhuman character compared to MHA characters. Being strong enough to harm other villains etc. The fact that NORMAL humans are capable of tanking building level attacks (even if you ignore them using quirks to do the damage, they can still survive the attacks) which would inherently allow him to scale to that level according to you guys.
His quirk does not enhance his stats, he can only cling to walls. He doesn't even get any mutant "gains" where some are always as strong and don't have to turn their powers on and off like Tsuyu, Mirko, etc.
Is that stated? I don’t recall this being stated anywhere or implied, though the same can be said for the opposite. His quirk enhancing his normal statistics is unknown, we can’t say for sure.
Aizawa, Toga, pre-surgery Shigaraki, Stain, etc are all good examples of how far/high a human can go in MHA world even without a quirk that specifically enhances physical stats. (Though I'm starting to doubt if Spinner was even at this level, maybe a level lower).
Ok
And I'm using "peak humans", in the way it is used in DC and Marvel not the real world. Obviously in DC and Marvel characters like Batman, Cap, Daredevil, etc all fit this title even though in the real world they would be downright superhuman. Which is a similar thing in MHA.
Makes sense.
In-universe no one sees Aizawa fight and thinks he has superstrength even though he is launching huge guys 10s of meters into the air with just his regular punches.
True.
That's ignoring the quirk singularity theory and the existence of quirks themselves, as well as the fact that they're also fighting against villains who have used their abilities frequently and by the story's own statements are getting demolished.
For the first bit, I have no idea what you’re talking about.
Most of the villains have just escaped from jail and it’s quite baseless to claim they have developed their quirks beyond their natural states, and the story itself shows that the normal ass civilians beat the villains.
Even children in-verse can shoot cannonballs from their mouths or use energy attacks of some sort. Considering Shoji, an actual trained member of the most prestigious hero academy in the country had to use his strongest attack against Spinner and was surprised he could crack concrete, I highly doubt that average non-hero humans in MHA are building level physically.
Which is just a clear example of the author not knowing what he’s talking about. There’s on screen evidence of them being around that level, with or without the use of support items.

Last edited:
Oh yeah also forgetting support items which can easily tear apart concrete pillars. All the possible non-physical factors involved in a conflict like that means there's not nearly enough evidence for building level+ peak humans in MHA. Especially with all the antifeats
The only “antifeats” that actually exists is this one statement and DC feats when isn’t an anti feat at all.
Support items playing a role is fine, the fact that the humans can actually take those attacks without being ripped apart further supports the idea. Spinner physically being capable of harming people of that level.
Then again, the kids (14-15) could take bombs strong enough to send them several meters into the air which, iirc, had building level results.

Yeah I'm pretty sure if you outpaced someone's combat speed you would just fully scale to it.

But then we have cases like Gran Torino outpacing Shigaraki's arm.
Well in cases like this, Tomura wasn’t actively swinging his arm, he had already extended his arm and was rely on his air canon speed to reach Deku and Bakugo

@Acer__ @Mazdoesstuff You miss my point, the speed itself is not the issue I have, what is important is how fast Shigaraki was compared to other characters at the time.

Which is why I think the feat is an outlier, Shigaraki even without giving his all was outpacing Endeavor, who was struggling to catch up, it should be completely impossible for Gran Torino to save Deku in that situation when Shigaraki was not only moving faster than Endeavor could, but was motivated to steal Deku's Quirk, and according to some of you, was even being propelled by the Air Cannon, which makes him move faster than Endeavor's punch.

Hopefully you understand why I won't be evaluating this feat, it just doesn't work with how the speed is portrayed between these characters, I'm against using a faster character to upgrade a slower one through calcs.
@Therefir

So How's my calc doing, are we just waiting on damage now?
Yes, while the explosion was indeed violent, the fragments left look quite big.

Last edited:
Thas why I'm afraid to come back to this anime 😔
They entertain me at this point
Makes Sense
Hopefully you understand why I won't be evaluating this feat, it just doesn't work with how the speed is portrayed between these characters, I'm against using a faster character to upgrade a slower one through calcs.
Again Makes Sense
Yes, while the explosion was indeed violent, the fragments left look quite big.
I mean I have a recalc of the X-Catapult also at 8-B so I mean it’s not the worst thing

If you avoid something because the fandom sucks even though the product is great, how do you enjoy literally anything?
Practically a large majority of fandoms are quote on quote, awful or cringe.

Heck, I doubt there is a single fandom on the internet that doesn't have some amount of loud bad apples.

As someone who enjoys watching a certain show that has god awful people in it, I just learned to never interact with the fandom as much as possible. MHA is not the absolute worst fandom I've personally seen, and honestly I expected this level of "awfulness" back when I decided to watch the series years ago.

However something like that would varies from person to person and their own experiences.

If you avoid something because the fandom sucks even though the product is great, how do you enjoy literally anything?
Tbh this isn't something you can just "ignore and enjoy the literal product", since it's literally one of the worst fandoms to ever exist in any part of fiction, not even exeggerating

Anyways if High Hypersonic+ Kirishima is alright, I can apply the changes

If Machia’s speed is being debated however, he can just keep the Hypersonic movement speed rating idk

Tbh this isn't something you can just "ignore and enjoy the literal product", since it's literally one of the worst fandoms to ever exist in any part of fiction, not even exeggerating
You can just watch/read the series and not interact with the fandom.

There are fandoms who have ended other peoples lives either indirectly and directly. Doxing, kidnappings, even more that I'm not okay with writing down.

Some fandoms horribly harassed someone to the point of attempting suicide, and then proceed to mock and laugh at that person for attempting it.

So I don't really agree that the fandom is the worst ever. No one can claim that, not without having knowledge of every single fandom of fiction in the world.

Look into the FNAF, Homestuck, Steven Universe, Undertale, Gacha Life and Pokémon fandoms before even attempting to say MHA is the worse.

The worst MHA has to offer is the sexualizing of minors in weird fetishes while reducing them to horrendously bad stereotypes that insult their actual writing. If that’s the bar to be irredeemable, they don’t even scrape top 50 on bad popular fandoms.

The worst MHA has to offer is the sexualizing of minors in weird fetishes while reducing them to horrendously bad stereotypes that insult their actual writing.
It’s crazy that Naruto, Bleach, JJK fandoms etc all do this like take a shot every time you’ve heard someone sometimes grown adults say they’d do Orihime, Hinata, Nobara or Maki. Also yeah 50% of Shonen fans can’t read.

Back