• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

FWIW, they mentioned that they didn't want to risk MHA's final arc being a Naruto situation where it goes on for years, and apparently Black Clover being on its final arc was only recently confirmed.
Except the creator/writer Horikoshi himself said that the series would be ending by the end of 2022, yes as there have been breaks and his recent statement suggesting it's going to carry over the fact he's gone out of his way of saying that the series is still in the final act, Shigaraki complete and the final confrontation of the major heroes and villains. It's unlikely the series will pull a Naruto effect, best case it spans into 2023.

This still doesn't change the fact, why they simply couldn't postpone the Deku episode till season 10, was there really such a rush of pumping it out now rather than waiting till April 2023 or so where most of the newer feats and quirks and powerups are cemnented both in story and amongst the battle board community, heck the versus community can't even seem to come to an agreement on where MHAs upper echelon power houses like Prime All Might, Complete Shiggy and Peak Deku should be placed. This ain't a Saitama scenario where him becoming stronger wouldn't allow him to defeat a toon force character, this feels like Erza vs Zoro all over again

the best way to get an idea for how DB will have Asta and Deku at. what are their respective feats that they can scale to that can be calced, so not super long chains of scaling or multipliers.

Deku might scale to All Might's cloud feat which they have in the gigatons, the two heroes feat and the Shigaraki nuke feat, while Asta might have the salamander vaporizing an ocean feat or the destruction of the clover kingdom feat. dont look at out calcs just look at the feats in general and think about what the most charitable calc could give you.

I think the Gap in AP wont be that much between them.

the best way to get an idea for how DB will have Asta and Deku at. what are their respective feats that they can scale to that can be calced, so not super long chains of scaling or multipliers.

Deku might scale to All Might's cloud feat which they have in the gigatons, the two heroes feat and the Shigaraki nuke feat, while Asta might have the salamander vaporizing an ocean feat or the destruction of the clover kingdom feat. dont look at out calcs just look at the feats in general and think about what the most charitable calc could give you.

I think the Gap in AP wont be that much between them.
Pretty sure the Heroes Rising feats more impressive than the All Might's cloud feat, also Deku should be above All Might if you think Shigaraki's more powerful than All Might in his prime. DB will likely take into fact on how OFA works as it stockpiles power over it's users, to put into perspective Nana Shimura who was the mentor to Toshinori got curbstomped by AFO at the height of his power, when All Might mastered his power he messed up AFO so badly not only became a rotten ******** for a head but needs life support to function(the mask) or he dies.

The level of AP for the upper echelons for MHA's power levels seems to be all over the place on the VS battle community and other debating forums where people can't even seem to come to a mutual agreement on where they're placed. If we're talking under DBs perspective and how they work on past episodes then yeah I agree on there not being that much between them.

Last edited:
Deku should be above All Might
Current 100%(not including the other quirks) should not be that much stronger than Prime AM as Deku has only held the quirk for about a year while AM held it for over 30 years so it make sense for it be so much stronger than when Nana had it

Current 100%(not including the other quirks) should not be that much stronger than Prime AM as Deku has only held the quirk for about a year while AM held it for over 30 years so it make sense for it be so much stronger than when Nana had it
I mean point still stands there shouldn't be any doubt of "might" or "possibly" and it should be just "Is or above", and I wouldn't agree. Awakened Bakugou was so fast for Shigaraki and made him feel threatened who is just as fast and capable now as All Might in his prime and Deku's scaling to him.

Yall remember the Full Cowl debate when Heroes Rising just came out, back when 6-C Mha was consider blasphemous, of whether Full Cowl 100% was stronger than normal 100% due to full body acceleration and how muscle groups work. Iirc King was fighting for his life to support this (i can't recall if Therefir and Rusty were against or for the argument), it's one of my first memories when i joined this wiki, good times.

I don't see how 6-C was considered an outlier. How can All Might and Deku do Island level feats in a city wide setting.
Beats me, i'm stupid at math so i was just there for the ride. Though i was a bit confused when an attack that was stated to "destroy an island" was only Low 7-B but who am i to say anything.

Keep in mind the 60x multiplier was practically a high ball to make it close for All Might vs Might guy the crew stated Guy didn't need the eight gates to win

I genuinely think I could make a solid CRT proving Kaminari’s electricity to be lightning speed

It fulfills so many requirements it’s insane

The scaling chain would look absolutely ridiculous. It would just be a long chain of at least MHS+ given how "generous" this wiki is with it upscale

1. Being electricity
  2. uuhh...
  3. please believe me-
  4. It's yellow?
1. It makes muscles contract
2. Constantly referred to as lightning, and Kaminari can absorb attacks that are also called lightning
3. Kaminari’s absorption literally extends to true cloud to ground lightning, such as in Heroes Rising
4. Flows only through conducting materials
5. Kaminari can manipulate electromagnetism, as seen with how his pointer works

Probably a few more I’m forgetting

1. It makes muscles contract
2. Constantly referred to as lightning, and Kaminari can absorb attacks that are also called lightning
3. Kaminari’s absorption literally extends to true cloud to ground lightning, such as in Heroes Rising
4. Flows only through conducting materials
5. Kaminari can manipulate electromagnetism, as seen with how his pointer works

Probably a few more I’m forgetting
Here’s an interesting little tidbit.

If Kaminari’s electricity is lightning speed and the crew can easily dodge that arcs ago.

How come they couldn’t actually dodge the cloud to ground lightning and instead relied on Kaminari bailing them out?

Some the requirements you listed also don’t prove in any way that Kaminari’s lightning is actually lightning speed

Like Kaminari’s electricity making muscles contract…how does that prove it’s actual real lightning speed instead of you know, electricity. Which also makes muscles contract.

Kaminari also being able to absorb lightning doesn’t mean his lightning moves at that speed…it just means he’s able to absorb the electricity from a lightning bolt lol.

Iirc, the voltage of Kaminari's electricity is hilariously low when compared to actual lighting

Actually now that AM is about to be High 6-C, Guy actually need 8th Gates to beat him as without it he's only Large Mountain level + with 7th Gates, he still blitzes AM to high heaven though
Tbf that's our standards folks view stats differently elsewhere

How come they couldn’t actually dodge the cloud to ground lightning and instead relied on Kaminari bailing them out?
Cause lightning has massive AOE if you understand how it works; it also acts a homing attack to humans since that’s how attraction works. It would make more sense for them to use someone who can literally redirect lightning rather than taking the attack head-on.
Iirc, the voltage of Kaminari's electricity is hilariously low when compared to actual lighting
Makes sense, but Kaminari’s voltage limit being 2 million volts is absolutely senseless considering he can withstand and absorb the shock of a bolt that is over 300 million volts

Tetsutetsu ofc
Todoroki could block a strike from Tetsutetsu so him
Dabi could restrain Todoroki so him
Kirishima is equal to Tetsutetsu so him
Shishida could easily overpower Kirishima so him
Fat Gum is superior to Kirishima so him
Tokoyami could break out of Fat Gum’s restraints so him
Adding onto this:

Todoroki blocked the strike from Tetsutetsu without using his quirk, so this is what it means:

Mirio and Shoji are stated to be the strongest students with no quirks

So Mirio and Shoji both become Class M

Cause lightning has massive AOE if you understand how it works; it also acts a homing attack to humans since that’s how attraction works. It would make more sense for them to use someone who can literally redirect lightning rather than taking the attack head-on.
I don’t think you’re really getting just how fast you’re making MHA characters and how little sense this makes.

If Kaminari’s electricity moves at the speed of lightning that means he’s firing that electricity at them at a much much closer distance than cloud to ground lightning. Unironically speaking they would have 1000x the amount of time to react to cloud to ground lightning than they would for Kaminari’s lighting simply due to distance. They should never at any point be touched by cloud to ground lighting if they’re reacting to things just as fast only a literal thousand times closer to them. The AOE of the attack isn’t even too spectacularly big for them not to be able to move out of the way from it at all

That doesn’t even begin to mention how this supposed lightning by Kaminari can be reacted to by characters like 5% Deku and those who scale, let alone the amount of speed amps Deku is getting at higher percentages like 20%. Making him getting hit at all by cloud to ground lighting make even less sense.

It’s just not lightning speed.

Back