• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I have a question about Afo, in the 1+ month time he was out of jail is it safe to assume he has gotten stronger/stronger quirks?
Endeavor can take attacks from Tomura/ harm Tomura level characters with physical attacks. They’re relative in durability.

Despite this, Afo with his rivet quirk, which is clearly more powerful than when he used it against all might, can rip off Endeavor’s arm which just isn’t possible unless he was vastly above all might level characters which isn’t true for Kamino Afo.

His variation of air canon is also vastly different than the one used in Kamino. Which would only make sense if the newer combination was stronger.

Doing the bush method and actually multiplying it by the number of rocks instead of the total mass is giving me 12.14 Tons, or 8-B. A solid result.

Doing the bush method and actually multiplying it by the number of rocks instead of the total mass is giving me 12.14 Tons, or 8-B. A solid result.
Fixing up the cone volume and using the method Timmy suggested gave me 29.455 tons in the end. Which is fairly satisfying. Close to the original in both v.frag and pulv end.

Noticed hagakure has no weaknesses but she does technically have them (enhanced senses can sense her and she can be Exposed to the elements)
First one isn't a weakness, that's just a special ability. Everyone is weak to enhanced senses in that case. That isn't what weakness means. Weakness is something that applies to you, something that effects you more than the average person. Humans can be burned by fire, but they don't have a weakness to fire.

But characters made of snow are easy to melt, and as such have a weakness to fire/heat.

Second one is valid though. In order to be completely invisible she has to remove her clothing which leaves her exposed. This is indeed a downside for her.

First one isn't a weakness, that's just a special ability. Everyone is weak to enhanced senses in that case. That isn't what weakness means. Weakness is something that applies to you, something that effects you more than the average person. Humans can be burned by fire, but they don't have a weakness to fire.

But characters made of snow are easy to melt, and as such have a weakness to fire/heat.

Second one is valid though. In order to be completely invisible she has to remove her clothing which leaves her exposed. This is indeed a downside for her.

should we add the second one then

The official translation makes Shoji's line even worse. Apparently it's Spinner who is the one that is powerful enough to crack concrete now after he's gotten stronger.

@Therefir

I did the way of measurement you wanted me too, put it somehow got a higher result even when accounting for atleast 30% hollow (19.14 vs 29.455), the only thing the original has higher is the pulverization value which is the unused end

Last edited:

do you agree with the second valid weaknesss damage for toru?

@Therefir

I did the way of measurement you wanted me too, put it somehow got a higher result even when accounting for atleast 70% hollow (19.14 vs 29.455), the only thing the original has higher is the pulverization value which is the unused end
I’m still worried that I did something very wrong here because of the higher result.

I mean I guess it can be be 50% hollow? But that makes it 21 tons

He should be Unknown, at least we seem to agree on that beforehand.

My excuse is that I'm lazy and don't care about him and Mandalay to justify getting those changes put through.

He should be Unknown, at least we seem to agree on that beforehand.

My excuse is that I'm lazy and don't care about him and Mandalay to justify getting those changes put through.
I want to get him vs armor spider done (because both are currently 2.7 and I find that funny) and then yeah we can do the change (It annoys Me when I don’t finish something I willingly started)

But I do think that they scale because people seem to think that pro heroes should have more durability and striking power than students

The official translation makes Shoji's line even worse. Apparently it's Spinner who is the one that is powerful enough to crack concrete now after he's gotten stronger.
I mean the High 8-C ratings being for AP and not DC makes sense. Like Aizawa can easily harm characters who can destroy buildings, but I doubt Aizawa can punch through a building with his fist

But the way Spinner is displayed pre-AFO is that he's a peak human. He should neither be able to hurt people who destroy buildings nor destroy a building itself. Same with most of 1A actually. All of them scale to building level or whatever when they're probably peak human.
What’s “peak human” in MHA? When you consider the fact that normal civilians who lack quirk training, and cannot develop their quirks (its illegal to use quirks) are naturally strong enough to rip apart buildings in their battle, I wouldn’t put building level=peak human (mha) past me.

According to Horikoshi, civilians doing this form of damage became a common occurrence in just 2 days.

What’s “peak human” in MHA? When you consider the fact that normal civilians who lack quirk training, and cannot develop their quirks (its illegal to use quirks) are naturally strong enough to rip apart buildings in their battle, I wouldn’t put building level=peak human (mha) past me.

According to Horikoshi, civilians doing this form of damage became a common occurrence in just 2 days.

That's ignoring the quirk singularity theory and the existence of quirks themselves, as well as the fact that they're also fighting against villains who have used their abilities frequently and by the story's own statements are getting demolished. Even children in-verse can shoot cannonballs from their mouths or use energy attacks of some sort. Considering Shoji, an actual trained member of the most prestigious hero academy in the country had to use his strongest attack against Spinner and was surprised he could crack concrete, I highly doubt that average non-hero humans in MHA are building level physically.

They are using quirks for this type of destruction. Peak human in MHA world just means a character without using any powers cause that's basically what Spinner is.

His quirk does not enhance his stats, he can only cling to walls. He doesn't even get any mutant "gains" where some are always as strong and don't have to turn their powers on and off like Tsuyu, Mirko, etc.

Aizawa, Toga, pre-surgery Shigaraki, Stain, etc are all good examples of how far/high a human can go in MHA world even without a quirk that specifically enhances physical stats. (Though I'm starting to doubt if Spinner was even at this level, maybe a level lower).

And I'm using "peak humans", in the way it is used in DC and Marvel not the real world. Obviously in DC and Marvel characters like Batman, Cap, Daredevil, etc all fit this title even though in the real world they would be downright superhuman. Which is a similar thing in MHA.

In-universe no one sees Aizawa fight and thinks he has superstrength even though he is launching huge guys 10s of meters into the air with just his regular punches.

I'd like to say that Endeavor also counts as this. Considering the sheer amount of crap he survives, despite being a normal human who's only ability is to generate/control his fire. There is no durability enhancements that come from his Quirk nor is such a thing acknowledged in universe.

Some people have baseless speculation or theories on why he's so durable, which can be fun to think about. But in terms of canon, such a thing has no backing.

I'll keep saying it but Spinner has no feats at all, so of course he can't even be at that level. All we got is him swinging a big jumble sword around against a featless Pro Hero. So I don't know why anyone would think Spinner is at any level above a normal MHA Human.

Yeah it makes no sense how Endeavor can withstand being kicked through buildings and skyscrapers, and he can survive attacks from characters that can destroy island-sized storms, all without a durability enhancing quirk

Though it also doesn’t make sense that BASE Star and Stripe with no rule can withstand 7-C amounts of energy from the Tiamat Missiles and not take that much damage

Guess it just means that peak humans in MHA are different

Though it also doesn’t make sense that BASE Star and Stripe with no rule can withstand 7-C amounts of energy from the Tiamat Missiles and not take that much damage
Well, it's not like it's a fact that Star and Stripe is being hit with that amount of energy. That's the result of a calc that has a number of variables that aren't set in stone.

Back