• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

How they would scale to that value? The shield can even block 20% Deku attacks.

And if I remember correctly, Deku and Bakugo were pretty ****** up when Nine crushed them with his shield.
Ah ok

I didn’t know if it scales to all his attacks or not.
I’ll go try to find a clip from air wall hitting the two

@Therefir

In the clip here Nine rebounds Deku with air wall (aka blunt damage) to which he takes fairly well, and here (everything before about 2:45) where air wall is used in offensive Ways multiple times. The two both take multiple without being knocked out so I don’t know if that’s downscaling or not
joint training arc shortened to JT

Yeah I imagined you would bring up that.

But that's more of a feat for the shield, since it's overpowering Deku's St. Louis Smash.

And it was through a push rather than a hit.
I imagine the second one with the multiple uses of Air Wall slaps is better?

ok but also Sero didn’t pull Mineta out of the way fully in time so he obviously scales

Being honest I would probably scale the shield to 20% Deku, but I can see people disagreeing with that and saying it only scales to its durability.

Being honest I would probably scale the shield to 20% Deku, but I can see people disagreeing with that and saying it only scales to its durability.
I could agree with that only if 8% didnt also survive a hit and not get knocked out (unless we say 20% is only 2.5x 8% in power but we both know how that'll go)

Really I just want to see 8-B MHA

I have somethings I want to try (Two are LS, one is getting the festival explosion to 8-B) so I mean if we need more supporting evidence for 8-B in MHA I can do that for you

I don’t see much of a reason that this wouldn’t scale to Deku and Bakugo.

Assuming he destroyed that rock formation with his Air Wall Quirk, both Deku and Bakugo have been hit by that same Quirk and survived to keep fighting.

Bakugo took an Air blast to the chest that hit him so hard he made a crater in the ground after getting blasted away. He just got back up and kept fighting.

Base Deku survived an air blast right after Nine tried to take OFA. It hurt him a lot but he was already getting back up to keep fighting and was weakened from nearly having OFA taken.

Nine even blasted both of them at the end of their first fight and Deku remained conscious despite being hit in base on top of all his other injuries.

Honestly looking like Base Deku’s durability just straight up scales to Nine’s Air Wall. The durability of the shield is clearly way higher since it tanked 20%, but Deku and Bakugo scaling to its AP makes sense personally.

Assuming he destroyed that rock formation with his Air Wall Quirk, both Deku and Bakugo have been hit by that same Quirk and survived to keep fighting.

Bakugo took an Air blast to the chest that hit him so hard he made a crater in the ground after getting blasted away. He just got back up and kept fighting.

Base Deku survived an air blast right after Nine tried to take OFA. It hurt him a lot but he was already getting back up to keep fighting and was weakened from nearly having OFA taken.

Nine even blasted both of them at the end of their first fight and Deku remained conscious despite being hit in base on top of all his other injuries.

Honestly looking like Base Deku’s durability just straight up scales to Nine’s Air Wall. The durability of the shield is clearly way higher since it tanked 20%, but Deku and Bakugo scaling to its AP makes sense personally.
Now that, that makes sense
Anyways if we need more support for 8-B MHA have a slight re-calc of the sports festival explosion which puts it in 8-B, of course I could have done something incorrect so don’t hold your breath.
Honestly I just wanted to go and try two LS calcs I had in mind never thought this would happen today, nor my own calc being the own we start scaling people to directly

Pretty much what I said

I have some problems with that calculation.

There is very clearly a cliff right behind Nine and we see rocks fall past the cliff. The rocks that land on top of Nine with Mineta's Quirk are the rocks that didn't fall off the cliff. Meaning the volume being used should be lower, since a good number of rocks where shown to fall off the cliff.

I'm really not okay with saying all of the rocks that fell just magically went back up the cliff and piled on top of Nine. There is also the issue of the calculation's volume, which doesn't account for the empty space between the rocks. Since the calc assumes a giant solid slab of rock exist, when that isn't the case.

That empty space adds up with each rock and would lower the results further. I don't think this feat can be properly calculated without making assumptions or lowballing the living hell out of it. Such as removing half of the volume to account for hollowness, and remove another half to account for the rocks that fell off.

I have some problems with that calculation.

There is very clearly a cliff right behind Nine and we see rocks fall past the cliff. The rocks that land on top of Nine with Mineta's Quirk are the rocks that didn't fall off the cliff. Meaning the volume being used should be lower, since a good number of rocks where shown to fall off the cliff.
That’s also saying that Nine himself also wasn’t ya’know

Also sent off? His air wall doesn’t prevent him from being sent back, that’s something we see multiple times, his air wall can be pushed back against. And in the one you show where nine supposedly never moved, there is no Cliff or anything near it, despite the fact nine is likely right in the middle of it (as the rocks surrounded him), and the geography should have never changed

There is also the issue of the calculation's volume, which doesn't account for the empty space between the rocks. Since the calc assumes a giant solid slab of rock exist, when that isn't the case.

That empty space adds up with each rock and would lower the results further. I don't think this feat can be properly calculated without making assumptions or lowballing the living hell out of it. Such as removing half of the volume to account for hollowness, and remove another half to account for the rocks that fell off.
ya know I gave a great image provided by Therefir showing the rocks in a way which would show it’s compactness. It’s how I measured the height. The empty space is something that is minute when compared to it being taken up, because I don’t know about you but I don’t see a giant gap there, I see lighting sure, but that’s what happens when we see different parts of things. one sides gonna have shading.

In Fact the one I gave shows the rocks nearly over flowing the boundaries, there’s clearly a lot more there than my own accounted for, given that more than exactly there barriers height is there

I have literally no idea what you're trying to say.

Do you actually understand what I said? The rocks fell past the cliff, is the video not loading for you?

There is a cliff right next to Nine and the rocks roll off the cliff. I never once said Nine himself moved, what are you talking about?

Do you understand why there is gaps between the rocks? Do you know basic geometry? They literally cannot occupy the volume you calculated.

They'd all have to be shaped like squares or rectangle or whatever you call shape like those.

I have literally no idea what you're trying to say.

Do you actually understand what I said? The rocks fell past the cliff, is the video not loading for you?

There is a cliff right next to Nine and the rocks roll off the cliff. I never once said Nine himself moved, what are you talking about?
because nine himself needed to be moved for the geography to change that drastically, given he was right next to the cliff you pointed at.
Do you understand why there is gaps between the rocks? Do you know basic geometry?
Yes, I’m in calculus right now, just because we have disagreements doesn’t mean I didn’t pass my freshman math class
They literally cannot occupy the volume you calculated.

They'd all have to be shaped like squares
Cuboidal
or rectangle
Rectangular Prisim
or whatever you call shape like those.
If they were even on all sides I’d call them hexahedral or Octahedral and agree with you, but they aren’t, the sides are uneven and fit together like broken puzzle pieces, close enough to where we can’t see the gaps properly, space we can’t properly calculate is there, but it’s not enough to where the entire thing is busted, mine is a rough estimate, that’s what all of these are

What are you talking about? There are very clear gaps, they do not fit together like a puzzle piece at all.

The rocks fell off the cliff, Nine doesn't need to move at all. Are you actually watching the video? It shows the rocks rolling past Nine and past the cliff.

Nine did not stop the entire rock slide, many of them just went past him without coming into contact with his air wall.

What are you talking about? There are very clear gaps, they do not fit together like a puzzle piece at all.
Broken puzzle pieces, I can’t see any thing suggesting space aside from lighting, in which it creates gaps which we can’t accurately calculate but is clearly a small percentage of the actual volume
The rocks fell off the cliff, Nine doesn't need to move at all. Are you actually watching the video? It shows the rocks rolling past Nine and past the cliff.
Rusty, if you look at the images you yourself posted

The first one has nine about 2 or so meters from the cliff side/ramp he walked up.

The third image (second still image) has none of them in sight, the video doesn’t mean anything here, it’s that the geography changed to much for it to be the same place

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. They're shown to go past the cliff, meaning they literally cannot be in that pile.

I don't know how to make this any clearer. Am I just a god damn idiot who can't properly explain something?

I'll just make a calc group discussion thread at this rate, since that'd just be better in the long run.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. They're shown to go past the cliff, meaning they literally cannot be in that pile.
the video doesn’t mean anything here, it’s that the geography changed to much for it to be the same place
Bruh.

Anyways, Look at the geography, I’m not disagreeing with you that they went past it, I’m not stupid, I’m saying nine himself also had to have gotten pushed for him to be in a region which has no visible slopes which he himself was next to when he blocked the attack
I don't know how to make this any clearer. Am I just a god damn idiot who can't properly explain something?
because we’re going in circles here.
You keep thinking I’m denying that the rocks fell past the cliff, when I’m not, and am just telling you that the geography changed to much for it to be the same area

More proof?
The rocks didn’t pile up ontop of nine in the video.
If his air wall stopped them completely then the rocks afterwards would have been completely stopped as well (atleast in that lane), but they all kept rolling

03-F1-DCE8-DF69-4-FBB-BB48-2-A317-FA4-AF5-A.jpg

Deku BOI

I think my method was the most logical personally, but Therefir has an issue with the rock size I chose and says I should choose the smallest one on screen

TheRusty is correct here, we can't use the rocks in that cluster formation because many of them fell off the cliff during the landslide...

And the hollowness wasn't taken into, which was honestly my fault for not pointing it that since the beginning.

TheRusty is correct here, we can't use the rocks in that cluster formation because many of them fell off the cliff during the landslide...

And the hollowness wasn't taken into, which was honestly my fault for not pointing it that since the beginning.
Could it be possible that I keep using the size in my calc? Even though there are a few smaller ones and a tiny one, there are also much larger rocks so I think the rock is a solid mean size to use for the average

Aight ok.

I’ll go find some other way to do it unless you want to do it yourself.
in which I’ll just go do my LS calc. I have finished the sports festival explosion at 8-B, but I’m fairly certain I ****** something up

I think my method was the most logical personally, but Therefir has an issue with the rock size I chose and says I should choose the smallest one on screen
In the image you used there are at least 4 small rocks and there is probably more if we checked the video TheRusty uploaded.

And you got 5 cubic kilometers worth of rocks when even Acer calculating the volume of the whole cluster got less results.

And we didn't even take into account the hollowness of the cluster and the fact that many of those rocks fell off a cliff.

Somehow you got more rocks than all the rocks they had accumulated at the beginning.

In the image you used there are at least 4 small rocks and there is probably more if we checked the video TheRusty uploaded.

And you are getting 5 cubic kilometers worth of rocks when even Acer calculating the volume of the whole cluster got less than that.

And we didn't even take into account the hollowness of the cluster and the fact that many of those rocks fell off a cliff.
Well while you’re here I’ll ask about LS calc idea numero two.

Is breaking out of a frozen restraint still an LS feat? Google Still gives me a MPa value for it

And you are getting 5 cubic kilometers worth of rocks when even Acer calculating the volume of the whole cluster got less than that.

The hollowness shouldn’t matter, I’m not treating it as a solid rectangular prism, I’m multiplying it by the number of rocks. The same applies to the rocks that fell off the cliff, I’m only calcing the ones that are on the cliff

Using the smallest rock gets me 0.65 tons for the entire landslide, which is literally impossible. For the record, Nine destroying the SINGULAR mid-sized rock that I used in my calculation is 0.77 tons. The fact that a singular rock ends up higher than the entire volume if I use the small one shows it shouldn’t be adequate.

The hollowness is referring to Acer's calc, as he got lower results than yours even without taking hollowness into account.

And therein lies the problem, it's impossible for you to get greater results than Acer's cluster because he measured the whole thing, while your calc is supposedly calculating the leftover rocks after many of them went over the cliff.

So either the rocks are inconsistent between scenes, which I think it's the case since these rocks are not even bigger than Uraraka, or more rocks appeared out of thin air when Nine destroyed them.

Also I see you deleted the scan showing how you supposedly counted 107 rocks, what happened?

Hey (I'm back), is it possible to calculate the energy required to change the weather in the regions that Tamaki affected?

Back