• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Woah, looks like we've all been underestimating Shoji:

8eFaQwi.png
🗿

I wouldn't think so. Most characters would have no problems crossing back over 400 meters.

Stain needs Supersonic speed scaling from the Half Cold Half Hot calc. He is capable of out speeding Shoto’s ice by leaping

Feat occurs at 3:38

Stain needs Supersonic speed scaling from the Half Cold Half Hot calc. He is capable of out speeding Shoto’s ice by leaping
Doesn't count. For most of those frames, he's leaping off of his ice after it's already been created. There are a couple of leaps where he dodges a few of the icebergs, but that's not enough to say that he's Supersonic. You'd need to calculate how far he moved relative to the iceberg's velocity.

So accoring to the latest episode Shigaraki blocked Endeavor's punch with a forcefield not too different from that of Nine's and the ones AFO recently used in the manga. The same scene exists in the manga but i guess i misinterpret that as him blasting Endeavor with an Air Cannon.

Season 6 Episode 6 ends with the Near High-End Nomu reaching the surface.

Shigaraki looks great as he flies through the air, the tension is building up. While the manga version of how Shigaraki just instantly appeared in front of Izuku and Bakugo after the Air Cannon boost is much better for me, I didn't dislike the anime's way of doing it.

Endeavor and Ryukyu are actually fighting Shigaraki who's bouncing around in the air with raw power. He didn't punch Endeavor into the ground and pose on him yet, that'll likely be next episode. Shigaraki using Search looks so good and they seemed to have given him is own black lightning color as well.

AFO talking in his head is done very intensely.

Also they gave him the same air defensive Quirk that Nine had. Which makes no sense since Nine wasn't given those Quirks by the doctor, he stole them from heroes after he escape in the beginning of the movie. And Shigaraki killed Nine by decaying him, meaning the doctor couldn't have extracted it from Nine.

Just a very similar Quirk? Seems weird to have it replace Air Cannon. Since he uses that to combined with Radio Waves instead.

Also they show Shigaraki's injures, like how his skin was burned and you can see his muscles underneath. Next episode is titled Disaster Walker and shows Class 1-A and 1-B reacting to Midnight's last transmission and asking Momo what should they do. That could also be where the next episode ends as well.

Also they gave him the same air defensive Quirk that Nine had
AFO used a similar quirk against Endeavor in the manga so maybe this is one of his quirks that he passed on to Shigaraki alongside AFO the quirk before being captured in Kamino

AFO used a similar quirk against Endeavor in the manga so maybe this is one of his pre capture quirks that he passed on to Shigaraki before being captured in Kamino
The anime version of the scene doesn't mean much, that isn't what happens in the manga. He clashing against Air Cannon here, and there is no barrier.

You can even see Endeavor's flames being pushed from the blast of air. They aren't impacting a barrier, which would look different.

If it was the same Quirk we would've seen it in the manga, this is something the anime is changing for their version. AFO's barrier also looks pretty different.

Note: I don't mind the change at all, just curious on why they're doing it in the first place.

So accoring to the latest episode Shigaraki blocked Endeavor's punch with a forcefield not too different from that of Nine's and the ones AFO recently used in the manga. The same scene exists in the manga but i guess i misinterpret that as him blasting Endeavor with an Air Cannon.
You didn't misinterpret anything. That's what happened in the manga. The anime just changed Air Wall to look like Air Canon.

It's already impossible for Shigaraki to have a copy from Nine's batch since Nine stole his quirk's from random unnamed heroes after he escaped them got killed by Shigaraki before the latter even underwent the surgery.

You didn't misinterpret anything. That's what happened in the manga. The anime just changed Air Wall to look like Air Canon.

It's already impossible for Shigaraki to have a copy from Nine's batch since Nine stole his quirk's from random unnamed heroes after he escaped them got killed by Shigaraki before the latter even underwent the surgery.
There can be multiple versions of the same quirk. Doesn't AFO have multiple copies of Muscle Augmentation?

There can be multiple versions of the same quirk. Doesn't AFO have multiple copies of Muscle Augmentation?
The doctor can duplicate Quirks. But there is nothing suggesting the doctor even had any of Nine's Quirks, which he got by stealing from random heroes.

It isn't impossible for him to have something similar or the same Quirk from the previous generation, just unlikely and unnecessary for the anime to change.

On the bright side, it effectively showed how far away Deku was from Shigaraki, and they’re insanely close. Distance is maybe 1/3 of a meter at best

Would it be better to angsize the distance for both Deku and Shigaraki, or just scale the distance directly from the bottom of Shigaraki’s palm to Deku’s face?

I dont think it’s impossible. Because this, imo, doesnt look like an air canon lol.

Nine’s Landslide

Because of the shape it’s low end is 8-B now (unless you checked it while I was asleep)
Good, it should be better now.
I also still need an evaluation on my rendition of the Nine feat
You didn't even take my advice, and I still think Acer's method is better than taking a random medium sized rock and multiplying its volume by every single rock there.

Last edited:
yeah it’s 19.14 tons now, which I think means that 8% and the JT characters become 8-B

I can get the sports festival explosion to 8-B if you want me to
How they would scale to that value? The shield can even block 20% Deku attacks.

And if I remember correctly, Deku and Bakugo were pretty ****** up when Nine crushed them with his shield, needing Katsuma to heal them back to form.

Back