• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Can’t believe Bakugo is actually ******* dead, that’s insane. RIP to a real one. Got his big power up, was FINALLY reaching that AM tier, even blitzing PRIME All Might level speed, just to die when AFO goes all out to take him down.

But the weird part of this whole thing is that Bakugo actually SAW All Might’s vestige. What on Earth is that implying? Is Bakugo going to wind up in the Vestige World? Is this the heroes rising moment actually affecting something???????

If Bakugo ends up actually giving Deku his Quirk because he temporarily had OFA, then holy shit will that be poetic for their relationship.

Lastly, AFO actually seems to remember the 2nd user when fighting Bakugo this final time. Clearly not the time travel theory, but definitely a relation. It might be the power or the speed or that his explosions were coming from his whole body, but either way, Bakugo’s Awakening made AFO think of the 2nd, and thus go all out on him.

How scary is the 2nds Quirk that Bakugo’s awakening is what made AFO think of it? Especially since it’ll be stronger than what AFO encountered?

So many questions but my one hope is that Bakugo does wind up in OFA, I think that’d be a fitting end.

Also Tamaki’s big attack didn’t do shit to Shigaraki. It’s apparently very impressive and extends for miles past the barrier, being ridiculously impressive. Yet it does nothing.

Perhaps a new tangible feat to calc? Also confirms that Nejire’s energy is definitely not hurting Shigaraki in the slightest.

Also Tamaki’s big attack didn’t do shit to Shigaraki. It’s apparently very impressive and extends for miles past the barrier, being ridiculously impressive. Yet it does nothing.

Perhaps a new tangible feat to calc? Also confirms that Nejire’s energy is definitely not hurting Shigaraki in the slightest.
Apparently it's a plasma canon. And Shiggy says something like, "Do you think this type of attack would hurt/kill Prime All Might" when he tanks it. So basically Bakugo is the only character so far to do significant damage to him.

(With All Might vestige, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever happens next is connected to Heroes Rising)

Deku with Explosion, this could be absolutely insane.

Explosion is probably the Quirk that Deku knows better than any other Quirk in the series. He’s been there for every stage of Bakugo’s development, trained with him, experienced and analyzed every part of his fighting ability, grew up wishing to be him. Everything he’s done has been to emulate and become like Bakugo, to be the symbol of victory

So if he actually GETS Explosion, the Quirk he has known and envied and aspired for before he even knew he was Quirkless, what an absolute TURNAROUND that would be. Especially if he gets the awakened version of it. He’d know all the techniques, all the movements, everything Bakugo could do with it and more, ESPECIALLY with Bakugo’s vestige helping.

Like, just imagine Explosion Full Cowling + Fa Jin? Or Explosion + the 2nds Quirk?

Hori please let this go somewhere, Deku needs the boost, let him have it. Also this makes Heroes Rising further canon which makes me happy.

Apparently it's a plasma canon. And Shiggy says something like, "Do you think this type of attack would hurt/kill Prime All Might" when he tanks it. So basically Bakugo is the only character so far to do significant damage to him.

(With All Might vestige, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever happens next is connected to Heroes Rising)
Bakugoat once again carrying.

The heroes over here are just completely screwed now btw. The biggest possible attack they’ve got and it gets tanked like it’s nothing, then the only other person there that COULD do something, and who actually got STRONGER, ******* dies.

Yeah it’s just wraps. I have low expectations of anyone there surviving except Mirio and Jeanist getting everyone below U.A. out. If that barrier goes down it is donezo for Aizawa and Monoma as well unless Deku arrives by then. And on top of all this, Toga and Dabi are still getting ready to pop of

Overall, yeah, Heroes are ******

And yes, Heroes Rising with the OFA transfer actually storing Bakugo’s Vestige, or at least connecting it to OFA, would be an incredibly smart usage of the film. It would make it VERY important to the entire series in fact if Deku gets Explosion from it.

Can I bring up Bakugou scaling to his Cluster again? He was able to blitz Shigaraki
With Awakening he definitely does since the explosions are from his whole body so he’s clearly tanking them straight up and he’s moving at beyond Prime AM speeds yet reacting. So he would need an “Awakened” key or something where he is scaling to Complete Shigaraki. I do wonder if he manages to hurt Shigaraki in this state cause that would be very telling.

With Awakening he definitely does since the explosions are from his whole body so he’s clearly tanking them straight up and he’s moving at beyond Prime AM speeds yet reacting. So he would need an “Awakened” key or something where he is scaling to Complete Shigaraki. I do wonder if he manages to hurt Shigaraki in this state cause that would be very telling.
Alright, because we have the Mach 7000 feat from his Howitzer Cluster, and the fact that Bakugou is now fully blitzing Shigaraki after generating clusters from his body shows he’s probably moving at a comparable speed

Bakugo isn’t dead.
If he isn’t dead I will actually drop the series and read Black Clover. That would be some Mickey Mouse tier BS to fake out a death this impactful this late in the story.

Idk who even could save him right now outside of Overhaul being on the heroes side and showing up next chapter to heal him. That boy is donezo, and he deserves to go into OFA to help Deku get the final W.

If he comes back from this I will quit MHA, and that’s on everything

If he isn’t dead I will actually drop the series and read Black Clover. That would be some Mickey Mouse tier BS to fake out a death this impactful this late in the story.

Idk who even could save him right now outside of Overhaul being on the heroes side and showing up next chapter to heal him. That boy is donezo, and he deserves to go into OFA to help Deku get the final W.

POV: We get the BC treatment and Eri comes to the war and revives everyone who died, and Deku and Shiggy beat AFO using the power of friendship

Ok

Idk who even could save him right now outside of Overhaul being on the heroes side and showing up next chapter to heal him. That boy is donezo, and he deserve to go into OFA to help Deku get the final W.

Damn 💀💀

Sonic do you think he’s dead?
According to the leaks his death is even kinda off screened (💀) which is just bad. I personally don’t see Bakugo dying off.
In the vestige world he will inform deku on what’s going on and then he will return to his body with the heroes dragging him somewhere safe.
Ez gg

He obviously ain't dead. His heart just stopped which characters with electrical quirks like Kaminari can CPR him or something to restart his heart. The chapter doesn't even say Bakugo died, just that his heart stopped.

Also it's pretty obvious that if Hori wanted him dead, he would make it more obvious by for example, donuting him like Nigheye or something. Bakugo's body is still fully intact when he "dies".

He obviously ain't dead. His heart just stopped which characters with electrical quirks like Kaminari can CPR him or something to restart his heart. The chapter doesn't even say Bakugo died, just that his heart stopped.

Also it's pretty obvious that if Hori wanted him dead, he would make it more obvious by for example, donuting him like Nigheye or something. Bakugo's body is still fully intact when he "dies".
Exact thing i was thinking. Characters have been shown to take EXTREME punishment, getting punched on for a while isn’t going to kill him. If his limbs aren’t being blown off or his guts hanging he’s not dead

At this point, it depends on how quickly they can get him treatment, given they have characters like Momo and Denki underground. Problem is, Tomura isn't gonna make that easy, and if he DID get saved, somebody else is gonna have to pay the price...

Personally speaking, I don't mind if they revive Bakugo. Horikoshi seems to be taking him being in OFA somewhere.

Dont lie. Youd never drop the series. Youre too invested at this point

Back