• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No, you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying; the clone is technically AS durable when it comes to singular attacks, but it reaches its limit faster

High 8-C character getting his arm broken originally = can keep moving on

High 8-C CLONE getting his arm broken = doesn’t make him any weaker, just reaches his limit quick
Meaning that Nighteye is strong ENOUGH to break Rappa’s arm, but that doesn’t mean he’s strong enough to defeat him

"The only difference between the (first) clone and the original individual is the endurance.

I can make two clones at a time, but the second one is weaker"

"The second duplicate is more fragile than the first duplicate"

Why do keep bringing up this bullshit Rusty? Can't you read?

Why do keep bringing up this bullshit? Can't you read?
He also states they're more fragile than the original during the MVA arc.

What are you talking about, I didn't post any lies either. I showed actually proof as well. Unless you're saying Twice is lying to Shigaraki?

While anime scenes aren't allowed, it demonstrated this by showing the clone being hurt more by a hammer that didn't hurt the original Twice beyond rubbing his head. While the second clone was knocked out from the hit. As the second is even more fragile than the first.

If Nighteye can break the arm of Rappa who is > 34 tons, why doesn’t he fully scale? Does breaking someone’s arm not count as scaling to their durability

I'm pretty sure the "being weaker" or "fragile" , Twice was referring to the endurance of the clone, not the physical durability of their body.

The more clones he makes, the less damage they can take before dying.

Nighteye doesn't scale to Rappa. The double of Rappa is less durable, it's more fragile than the original Rappa.

Twice very clearly says they're more fragile. Your going to have to proof it wrong with the Japanese raw.

The raw scans just say they are weaker than the original.

Once again this is referring to their endurance. Twice's clones are able to punch and hurt Skeptic's clones, the same clones that were able to beat up and break the original Twice's arm.

How is this even possible if the clones weren't in the same ballpark of power and durability? Why didn't their fist break when punching Skeptic's clones?

I hope Toga clears this out, I'm deadass sure my interpretation of the clones's endurance and durability makes more sense with what Twice has stated, and what his clones have done.

Nighteye doesn't scale to Rappa. The double of Rappa is less durable, it's more fragile than the original Rappa.

Twice very clearly says they're more fragile. Your going to have to proof it wrong with the Japanese raw.
Idk, fragility can also mean “endurance” in the context Twice is saying, as in Therefir’s scan, it directly states the only difference is endurance, which is much different than durability

The raw scans just say they are weaker than the original.
That even worse, that implies they're overall weaker in everyway. Less strength and durability.

How can they "hurt" Skeptic's clones when they aren't even biological things? He moved them with sheer numbers.

I'm still checking the raws though.

How can they "hurt" Skeptic's clones when they aren't even biological things? He moved them with sheer numbers.
They just can.

Never it was stated there was a massive difference between the clone and the original person, Twice himself is unable to one-shot his own clones, and they actually can overpower him and tied him up.
I'm still checking the raws though.
I made a mistake and found out 脆い does means fragile, though I'm not sure if it refers to the first clone or second one.

Last edited:
Once again this is referring to their endurance. Twice's clones are able to punch and hurt Skeptic's clones, the same clones that were able to beat up and break the original Twice's arm.

Different means of applying force. Breaking someone's arm by applying force to their joint =/= punching someone in the face.

They didn't "hurt" them, they can't even be hurt. Unless they visibly destroyed their bodies, just punching and moving them mean nothing.

Yakuza Arc Raw and Villain Academia Arc Raw.

Using a quick google translate, which is basically worthlessly I know. I'm getting the word fragile. Someone better can check this out for themselves.

While I know anime scenes don't count. The people making the anime seem to agree with them being less durable. The first double falls to his knees and holds his head in pain, and the second double is knocked out. If this becomes too vague with wording, I still think taking the less durable approach is better unless we get more info.

Obvious if the Toga doubles showcase anything, we'll take the actual showings over any statements. Since even if they're less durable, it wouldn't be by a huge amount. We may have to wait and see until we get further into the arc.

always took them as being less durable, but still somewhat comparable to the original. Rappa being so much higher is an issue, it was better when he was High 8-C+. I'm not okay with Chisaki fusing with Nemoto made him become over 4X more durable. Nemoto isn't even a combatant who fights physically.

Obvious if the Toga doubles showcase anything, we'll take the actual showings over any statements. Since even if they're less durable, it wouldn't be by a huge amount. We may have to wait and see until we get further into the arc.

always took them as being less durable, but still somewhat comparable to the original. Rappa being so much higher is an issue, it was better when he was High 8-C+. I'm not okay with Chisaki fusing with Nemoto made him become over 4X more durable. Nemoto isn't even a combatant who fights physically.
I can agree with this, when Rappa was only High 8-C+ it made more sense and probably the reason why Nighteye was listed as "higher" with projectiles.

Hopefully this is cleared up during Toga's battle against Froppy and Ochako.

I can agree with this, when Rappa was only High 8-C+ it made more sense and probably the reason why Nighteye was listed as "higher" with projectiles.

Hopefully this is cleared up during Toga's battle against Froppy and Ochako.
I still have no idea how the **** Ochako and Froppy are beating Toga + Twice's Blood + Some Nomu.

I feel like we should have a section on our MHA verse page for our hax, as most verses do

Stuff like Law Manipulation, Existence Erasure, Deconstruction, Time Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Vector Manipulation, Subjective Reality

I still have no idea how the **** Ochako and Froppy are beating Toga + Twice's Blood + Some Nomu.
The adult heroes like Gang Orca will fight the Nomus. Ochako will fight Toga and will probably need a quirk awakening Bakugo style to handle Sad Man's parade. Something like a.Gravity Domain for example.

The adult heroes like Gang Orca will fight the Nomus. Ochako will fight Toga and will probably need a quirk awakening Bakugo style to handle Sad Man's parade. Something like a.Gravity Domain for example.
I need to know what pro heroes over there were ok with the plan of fighting TWO high ends. Gang Orca is already getting stabbed up by Moonfish, so they better have something prepared we didn’t see.

So far we don't know where Ryukyu is but since both Ochako and Tsuyu interned with her, she could be there. The only other place I expected her to be was in the Shiggy fight but she isn't.

So we could get Ryukyu vs 1 High-end and Gang Orca vs other side heroes vs the other High-end.

As we have seen, the High-ends can be defeated when swarmwd by multiple heroes.

Noticed that BJ used his fiber quirk to tru and choke Tomura with tomura attempting to rip his cape off and failing to for a period of time.

Oh yeah, Tomura is gonna need that At least Class T

When he was stunned by the electricity of the barrier in the beginning of the fight and was weakened and Best Jeanist restrained him with the carbon fiber, he easily broke out

Is there anytime in mha where the villains have the hero in their clutches and they just could have killed them already but choose not to?

like they could have just killed them but no, they had to do something stupid or whatever.

Aka This and That

Izuku mentioned that Lady Nagant could've just shot him in the back instead of shooting his phone/GPS out of his hand. Her doing that was what made him understand that she wasn't completely evil. I don't know if that counts or not, since her job wasn't to kill him but to capture him.

League of Villains captured Bakugo, but Shigaraki wanted him to join them not kill him. And when he gave a hard no as his answer, All Might and the heroes should up to save him. Though it still seemed like he wasn't going to have Bakugo killed. Maybe use him for something else.

Heroes aren't really captured by villains. Wolfram had caught All Might and the other heroes. But killing All Might would be impossible, and he wasn't really restrained and could break out. The only reason he was kept in line was that Wolfram would have other people killed before he could stop him.

Shigaraki did have a chance to kill Izuku, though he agreed that doing that would mean he gets captured. He wouldn't be able to get anyway before being arrested. And if Shigaraki got arrested that would've ruined a lot of plans, though AFO may have done something before Shiggy could be locked away?

I'd say the only moment where this applies is the USJ Arc. With the USJ Nomu, Shigaraki could've had it kill everyone before All Might should up. At the very least he had the perfect chance to kill Aizawa, but decided to leave and try to kill some random kids to hurt All Might before he could arrive.

Erasure Head dying back there would've given the villains the win at this point.

@Damage3245 I don't think Shigaraki is strong enough to kill him in two shots. Endeavor got up pretty quick and got him off with his flames. If he could kill Endeavor that easily he would've. Endeavor just really tanky. Do I'm agree he could've landed another hit on him while he was down.

Izuku mentioned that Lady Nagant could've just shot him in the back instead of shooting his phone/GPS out of his hand. Her doing that was what made him understand that she wasn't completely evil. I don't know if that counts or not, since her job wasn't to kill him but to capture him.

League of Villains captured Bakugo, but Shigaraki wanted him to join them not kill him. And when he gave a hard no as his answer, All Might and the heroes should up to save him. Though it still seemed like he wasn't going to have Bakugo killed. Maybe use him for something else.

Heroes aren't really captured by villains. Wolfram had caught All Might and the other heroes. But killing All Might would be impossible, and he wasn't really restrained and could break out. The only reason he was kept in line was that Wolfram would have other people killed before he could stop him.

Shigaraki did have a chance to kill Izuku, though he agreed that doing that would mean he gets captured. He wouldn't be able to get anyway before being arrested. And if Shigaraki got arrested that would've ruined a lot of plans, though AFO may have done something before Shiggy could be locked away?

I'd say the only moment where this applies is the USJ Arc. With the USJ Nomu, Shigaraki could've had it kill everyone before All Might should up. At the very least he had the perfect chance to kill Aizawa, but decided to leave and try to kill some random kids to hurt All Might before he could arrive.

Erasure Head dying back there would've given the villains the win at this point.

@Damage3245 I don't think Shigaraki is strong enough to kill him in two shots. Endeavor got up pretty quick and got him off with his flames. If he could kill Endeavor that easily he would've. Endeavor just really tanky. Do I'm agree he could've landed another hit on him while he was down.

couldn’t he have killed endeavor with decay. It ignores durability.

but yeah why didn’t he just have the nomu kill the students?

i need a watsonian answer for that (watsonian means in-universe reason) opposite is doylist (aka real life reason aka because the writer wrote it that way)

No, he didn't have his Quirks.

Aizawa was erasing them.

Shigaraki not having the Nomu kill Aizawa at least is just stupidity on his part. Considering how dangerous his Quirk really is. Shigaraki wasn't taking all of this seriously.

No, he didn't have his Quirks.

Aizawa was erasing them.

Shigaraki not having the Nomu kill Aizawa at least is just stupidity on his part. Considering how dangerous his Quirk really is. Shigaraki wasn't taking all of this seriously.

Then when we have a smart villain being stupid do we consider that PIS or what?

since there are villains that are smart but once in a while they act stupid but that’s not part of their character do we consider that PIS instead of stupid?

Then when we have a smart villain being stupid do we consider that PIS or what?
To my knowledge? I don't think so.

AFO never had anyone captured that he should kill. Chisaki never did either. Shigaraki hasn't captured anyone after the whole Bakugo thing. One of Chisaki's men did capture Aizawa and kept him alive so they could study his Quirk. However he did try to kill Aizawa when he realized Chisaki was losing, but Suneater was able to save him.

I think if the villains ever captured a hero... they'd just kill them instead. Does it count when AFO didn't finish off Best Jeanist? He did inflict a fatal wound on him, but it wasn't instant death. Best Jeanist dying would've made things hard for Hawks, and no one would've been able to restrain Gigantomachia and Near High-End Nomu.

But I wouldn't blame AFO for not thinking that Jeanist would survive an attack that left a hole straight through his stomach area. I don't believe there was a moment where someone like AFO had a chance to kill someone and failed to do so because of PIS. The villains don't really capture people all that much either.

Maybe I'm just not remembering something.

but yeah why didn’t he just have the nomu kill the students?

i need a watsonian answer for that (watsonian means in-universe reason) opposite is doylist (aka real life reason aka because the writer wrote it that way)
On their first clash, Shigaraki leaped at Endeavor and Endeavor dodged, then when Endeavor was on top of him Shiggy tried to grab him which Endeavor stopped before being air canoned in the face. After that he didn't really fight Endeavor and went towards Deku then got hit by Erasure. He really didn't have an opportunity to use Decay once he started seriously fighting Endeavor and the other heroes.

Back