• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think it makes sense, and would explain how Star and the missiles can scatter the sky without reaching the coast of Japan, the fight is taking placing in the Pacific Ocean.

I already updated my last calc using the average ocean depth.
I looked at it and nearly had a ******* heart attack from the result. Low 6-B MHA Too Tier attack vs the Low 7-B top tiers not even a year ago (lest me be stupid)
Also I only see 5 missiles when the Tiamat missiles land because of the 5 trails but I’m stupid so this is just me putting it out there

Nah, the whole thing is now 301 gigantons. I changed it to a panel showing the entire cloud dispersed.

An individual missile would be 30 gigatons, though that extreme downscaling always struck me as odd.
Yeah, Shigaraki is far stronger than the near high end which took the attack like a champ (I mean yeah, it was nearly dead but still, ******* chad move) even as skin and bones he was much more durable than it

@Therefir why’d you assume that the timeframe was 30 seconds? It was fast enough that the result was near instantly visible to people on the shore of Japan, shouldn’t that be like, much quicker than 30 seconds? (Unless I’m misremembering, in which feel free to tell me I’m dumb)

Nah, the whole thing is now 301 gigantons. I changed it to a panel showing the entire cloud dispersed.

An individual missile would be 30 gigatons, though that extreme downscaling always struck me as odd.
Hi I read this site, kinetic energy is not calculated 1/2 mv ^ 2 (because it says 1/12)? Is it a transcription error? Or am I the one who does not remember how it is calculated?

Hi I read this site, kinetic energy is not calculated 1/2 mv ^ 2 (because it says 1/12)? Is it a transcription error? Or am I the one who does not remember how it is calculated?
"For pulling in clouds omnidirectional towards a center point, or dispersing them from a center point, the formula "kinetic energy = 1/12 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)2" can be used."
@Therefir why’d you assume that the timeframe was 30 seconds? It was fast enough that the result was near instantly visible to people on the shore of Japan, shouldn’t that be like, much quicker than 30 seconds? (Unless I’m misremembering, in which feel free to tell me I’m dumb)
I went with a safe timeframe, it can't be lower than 10 seconds since that's the timeframe we used for the ocean dispersion.

If people agree with a lower timeframe then I would change it.
Deku was using 100% when he was hit by the Air Cannon.
Pretty sure he was only using 100% on his arm.

With 10 seconds used as a time frame, the total blast would be 1.1 Teratons (Small Country level), and a single missile would be 110 GT (Large Island level)
Well I mean we can also talk about scaling higher than just 1 missile, because Star though it was necessary to send 10 of them, so Tomura is definitely stronger than just one of them
but also hell yeah, low 6-B inter continental cruise punch

Honestly, if AFO just comboed like 20 or 30 of his most powerful quirks he could do something super-crazy powerwise.

@Therefir how do characters get permission to use SOS reactions (genuine question here). Like a weakened & quirkless AFO Shigaraki makes shockwaves via moving (something that from google research requires Mach 1.2). And 8% Deku has attacks which are directly called shockwaves (or faster than sound) which characters casually react to.
So would people above 8% or equal to AFO Shigaraki be able to use them.

Characters can get higher reactions through statements. "I can move and fight at speeds of Mach 1", if this character gets blitzed later on you might be able to use Transonic reactions.

However, you don't need supersonic reactions to perceive and dodge a supersonic attack, especially from a considerable distance.

The statement would only scale to the attack itself, not 8% Deku's movement nor those can dodge it.

Like a weakened & quirkless AFO Shigaraki makes shockwaves via moving.
Unsure about this one, they need to create sonic booms, random shock waves don't qualify.

But if they can create sonic booms, then yes, their "apparent" speed would be faster than Mach 1, and would require such reactions.

Ooooooh ok me dumb.
anyways, I’m still looking into the Manchester smash, how would I go about timeframing that?
becuase it wasn’t that Nagant could block or dodge the attack, it was that she had barely moved at all to try and do so, and this interests me because she does use the Newtons third law to move quickly with air walk (unless the sfx is not her firing the rifle and it’s me being stoopid again). Not saying to try and do frozen time (because that would be dumb), just that if we can find the distance she travelled and the distance Midoryia travelled/ Manchester smash (because both happened before Nagant could get to high up), that could work as speed right?

The only way I could see Nagant having higher "apparent" reactions is she scaling from 45% Deku, who outspeed real sound waves from Jiro, and we don't need a calculation for that.

Though that would only give them Transonic reactions, and it wouldn't be enough for an upgrade.

100% Deku is fast enough to blitz Supersonic characters even from dozens of meters away.

The only way I could see Nagant having higher "apparent" reactions is she scaling from 45% Deku, who outspeed real sound waves from Jiro, and we don't need a calculation for that.

Though that would only give them Transonic reactions, and it wouldn't be enough for an upgrade.

100% Deku is fast enough to blitz Supersonic characters even from dozens of meters away.
Dozen plural?
so like 24,36,48,60,stuff like that

thank you.
Could we find a distance between Deku and Nagant after the attack was fire (Aka the effect line distance) because if we do we could add that to the distance between Nagant and Chisaki right?

Bro I come back to the thread and the ICP got downgraded from low 6-B then upgraded again to Low 6-B. What’s going on.

Also, welcome to the “Shigaraki says someone hits as hard or harder than the ICP” waiting room.
I’d shrug my shoulders if I could.
anyways, I’m trying to figure out how calculations work, so @Therefir how does one attempt to calculate the distance between Nagant and Deku when he fired the Manchester smash (like, the actual kick part not turning himself into human slingshot)
Also another question, doesn’t Deku himself say he would just take the bullet, and doesnt he also not use Faux 100% until sometime into blackwhip swinging? i have no idea what this does (I mean, best I can think of is using the distance between Deku’s likely point of faux 100% usage (aka human slingshot) and Chisaki as the distance he moved, and the bullet being like, a meter away from Chisaki as the timeframe but what do I know, I’m stoopid)

Back