• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I'm getting a distance from the shore to be around 320 (Picture above) to 374 km (Using Google Map's measurements). We don't know if they were in Japan's airspace while fighting, and where the landing spot was. But the distance, assuming the landing site was at the edge of the airspace, would be 424 km away from the shore.

So the edge of the clouds would be 32.55 km away from the shore?

I have no idea how that would look, so I can't say if that distance is enough compared to the panels we see. Just that it wouldn't reach Japan's Shores in this case. But like I said I don't know if my measurements are correct in the slightest. However with this information. We could use a higher ocean depth I think?

Someone more knowledgeable than me should take a crack at this distance. Since I'm not very confident in myself.

Japan's Airspace cover most of the Exclusive Economic Zone which is 200 nautical miles or 370km from the shore.
japans_exclusive_economic_zone.png

Thats what I could find. Though I'm not an expert on these things either.

Something seems off with that scaling image; like it would be 100 km from the explosion to the cloud height if everything was supposed to be proportional there.

She blocked a portion of the Air Cannon and tanked an attack from AFO Bakugo's best feat in this current arc is not dying, lol we all know realistically he would be, at least on par with 45% 1st War Arc Deku but using feats right now she is above him
Bruh I know
I have seen a youtube who's entire persona is made to be salty milk the **** out of the "controversial" things that the current arc does

Bakugo regularly suffers that level of temperature due to constant use of his explosions. It's probably inherent with his quirk factor too.

Everyone else that gets hit by his explosions get burnt by it, mostly.

5000 degrees doesn't scale to anyone, not even Bakugo.

I've said this a lot, but I'll do it again. You can move your hand through a candle fire without being burned. The reason is that the heat isn't in contact with your body for a long enough time to actually transfer enough heat to burn you. Of course something much hotter like an explosion doesn't need that much time to burn you.

However explosions also exist for a far shorter period of time. It is impossible for the full heat of an explosion to transfer onto a single object. Yes they'd be burned, and there is heat resistance here. However that heat resistance doesn't scale to 5000 degrees. Tanking Bakugo's or any explosion without burn is baseline heat resistance at best.

Unless the explosion heat has good feats. Such as OFA Bakugo's explosions melting rock instantly. That is another point, 5000 degrees is enough to melt rock/metal yet Bakugo's explosions have never melt anything (Outside of OFA). Even when going through walls they're covered in soot and smoking. But nothing is melted.

Because that heat doesn't exist long enough to transfer. Also I'm pretty sure Izuku was covered in burn marks from Bakugo's blast. Todoroki blocked Bakugo's Howitzer with an ice wall, so whatever hit him was less and harm to tell apart from any bruises he might have. He doesn't need it anyway, since he has his own heat resistance.

Bakugo's explosions don't even exist for half a second, if they're actually nitroglycerine they'd exist for less than 0.001 seconds. That type of heat doesn't fully transfer over.

Only people that should have heat resistance from Bakugo are Deku with Full Cowl and All Might.

Deku took a full power explosion while Bakugo was grabbing his face and wasn’t burned, a contrast to what happened to his arm when he blocked a similar one during training.

All Might got explosion spammed by Bakugo and just said “ow” a lot like it was mildly inconveniencing him. AM’s heat resistance is also shown when he reduced Dave from a burning building and his shirt turned to ash but his body was completely unharmed.

No one else should have heat resistance from Bakugo.

Back