• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

@Therefir If it took Deku and Bakugou both using 100% to beat Nine does that mean he scales to double the storm calc? (Or am I just dumb)
also please answer my above statement, me monkey brain

@Therefir If it took Deku and Bakugou both using 100% to beat Nine does that mean he scales to double the storm calc? (Or am I just dumb)
also please answer my above statement, me monkey brain
I asked this awhile ago and they say no, because Nine is superior to 1 OFA but inferior to 2 OFA.

That being said I still think Nine should be High 7-A

For a more “normal” superhero story, I agree vigs fits the bill. But MHA definitely isn’t a normal story about fighting crime. It’s about the downfall of a society built up of the one thing that should keep society from falling: heroes. It’s about the struggles of maintaining security, as well as the under workings of hero society and how flawed heroism becomes when it’s a job. About why villains are made in the first place in a world so full of heroes

And it’s also about how attempting to be the greatest hero is a doomed mentality. That only having one person to look up to leads to stagnation. That it takes many people working together to truly achieve change.

I’d honestly say the themes of each manga are pretty different, almost too much to definitively compare their themes and usage of characters. Just two very different stories being told in the same universe.

Not to mention the AFO and OFA stuff. As well as the general theme of becoming a true hero, and not the ones that caused the downward spiral of society.

The student theme serves well for propping up a generation of heroes that understand what really needs to occur for change to happen, and have been effected by the changes in a way that they are incentivized TO change it

For a more “normal” superhero story, I agree vigs fits the bill. But MHA definitely isn’t a normal story about fighting crime. It’s about the downfall of a society built up of the one thing that should keep society from falling: heroes. It’s about the struggles of maintaining security, as well as the under workings of hero society and how flawed heroism becomes when it’s a job. About why villains are made in the first place in a world so full of heroes

And it’s also about how attempting to be the greatest hero is a doomed mentality. That only having one person to look up to leads to stagnation. That it takes many people working together to truly achieve change.

I’d honestly say the themes of each manga are pretty different, almost too much to definitively compare their themes and usage of characters. Just two very different stories being told in the same universe.
I mostly agree. I'd say that Vigilantes is often overrated by its fans, even.
Sadly the main series doesn't really fully explore these aforementioned things either.

I found a Vigilantes feat where All Migjt saves dozens of people and blitzes dozens of villains all around the city in the blink of an eye (Chapter 93)

Don’t know what this would yield but someone could feel free to calc it

That has already been discussed before.
That was most likely the sky egg, this was during O’Clocks Jack the Ripper incident, which took place before it timeline wise.
I found a Vigilantes feat where All Migjt saves dozens of people and blitzes dozens of villains all around the city in the blink of an eye (Chapter 93)

Anyways if it truly was all around the city we likely can find the radius/diameter Of the city (helps if we know it) and then apply it To either peak human reaction or blink of an eye (if it truly was blink of an eye)

AFO said it bought him three seconds, so even applying it to Osaka’s diameter (as Google tells me Osaka is a city, just with different wards), it’s about 66.66666 km/s
@Therefir did I do that right do not expect me to be right

All Might just stopped a crap ton of crimes in around three seconds. Since it was stated that making those people villains bought them three seconds. He didn't perform all of those actions in a blitzing timeframe beyond reactions. Heck normal people are shown to react to him in some panels.

It was insanely quick and efficient, but this isn't a feat. The phrase in a blink of an eye is just that, a phrase to refer to someone moving very quick.

Him going all the way from Minato Tokyo, to Osaka in Kyoto is a better feat. That is somewhere around 500 km. Though we don't really have a clear timeframe.

Can't have been more than 1 minute at most. Three seconds can't apply to his travel, since AFO said it bought them three seconds. Meaning All Might would've arrived three seconds earlier if he hadn't done that. Which has nothing to do with the time it takes him to arrive to Osaka from Minato.

Unless someone can reasonable bring the timeframe down to less than 15 seconds, this isn't any kind of upgrade. Since this is Prime All Might who is MHS.

We can see a firefighter reacting to All Might's breath putting out the fire and the civilians cheering for All Might beating the villains.

Last edited:
who wants to
yFNQCFG.jpg
calculate this

All Might just stopped a crap ton of crimes in around three seconds. Since it was stated that making those people villains bought them three seconds. He didn't perform all of those actions in a blitzing timeframe beyond reactions. Heck normal people are shown to react to him in some panels.

It was insanely quick and efficient, but this isn't a feat. The phrase in a blink of an eye is just that, a phrase to refer to someone moving very quick.

Him going all the way from Minato Tokyo, to Osaka in Kyoto is a better feat. That is somewhere around 500 km. Though we don't really have a clear timeframe.

Can't have been more than 1 minute at most. Three seconds can't apply to his travel, since AFO said it bought them three seconds. Meaning All Might would've arrived three seconds earlier if he hadn't done that. Which has nothing to do with the time it takes him to arrive to Osaka from Minato.

Unless someone can reasonable bring the timeframe down to less than 15 seconds, this isn't any kind of upgrade. Since this is Prime All Might who is MHS.
Wait isn't this still post AFO vs AM round 1 cause AFO's hooked up to all the machines?
unless I got things mixed up

Wait isn't this still post AFO vs AM round 1 cause AFO's hooked up to all the machines?
unless I got things mixed up
You are mixing things up. He's perfectly healthy, and still has his face and hair.

Are you mixing different moments up? I'm talking about the feat that happened during the O'Clock flashback in Volume 11 and 12.

You are mixing things up. He's perfectly healthy, and still has his face and hair.

Are you mixing different moments up? I'm talking about the feat that happened during the O'Clock flashback in Volume 11 and 12.
Yeah, mixing different moments up.
Anyways the Minato to Osaka thing, probably around 10 or so I’d say, because isn’t it near instant from when he heard?
Osaka clean up can probably be done in a similar timeframe, cause it’s all over Osaka right? (It is a city, I’m not that stupid right?) due to the fact we see People reacting but as @Therefir pointed out we don’t need superhuman reactions to drive motorcycles and stuff (thank you), so probably something within a 10 sec timeframe (this probably does actually scale to other people, cause remember he always holds back, to who? Idk).

Yeah, mixing different moments up.
Anyways the Minato to Osaka thing, probably around 10 or so I’d say, because isn’t it near instant from when he heard?
No reason for 10 seconds, since nothing supports that beyond speculation. Could be 10 seconds, could be 5, could be a minute.

It wasn't stated to be near instant, he started going to Osaka at the end of one chapter, and arrived at the beginning of the next chapter. The villains he stopped were all in the same area, since AFO made them go berserk and they came running out of the underground fighting ring.

Osaka was done is around three seconds, AFO himself stated that him making those people rampage bought him three seconds. Meaning had he not done that, All Might would've arrived underground 3 seconds earlier. We have zero idea about how long it took him to get to Osaka beyond really quick.

Rejected, timeframe is incorrect. And I'm pretty sure Edgeshot scales to something better? He is likely going to be scaling far higher than that in the future as well.
Timeframe is incorrect because of why?
Cause I mean couldn’t you use peak human perception? (Cause I do agree with using perception instead of reaction)

Timeframe is incorrect because of why?
Cause I mean couldn’t you use peak human perception? (Cause I do agree with using perception instead of reaction)
Cause we have no reason to assume he blitz them so fast that they didn't see him move until he was already behind all of them. Just that he was faster than their reactions.

Which would be far slower.

Cause we have no reason to assume he blitz them so fast that they didn't see him move until he was already behind all of them. Just that he was faster than their reactions.

Which would be far slower.
F
Osaka was done is around three seconds, AFO himself stated that him making those people rampage bought him three seconds. Meaning had he not done that, All Might would've arrived underground 3 seconds earlier. We have zero idea about how long it took him to get to Osaka beyond really quick.
wait so how much of Osaka did he travel in 3 seconds? I know that this is just for All Might & Maybe weakened all might go down scale from (the other characters who scale but who cares) cause even if it’s just the diameter (cause “all of Osaka”) it’s like 66.666km/s (but I’m pretty dumb so it’s probably different than that)

All For One needs Corruption and Limited Madness Manipulation with the quirk drug (I forgot the name), as he can cause a person’s quirk to go haywire and essentially turn them into a villain

F

wait so how much of Osaka did he travel in 3 seconds? I know that this is just for All Might & Maybe weakened all might go down scale from (the other characters who scale but who cares) cause even if it’s just the diameter (cause “all of Osaka”) it’s like 66.666km/s (but I’m pretty dumb so it’s probably different than that)
We have no idea. All Might didn't traveled through all of Osaka, they were in a single city block at best. The "villains" AFO made came out of an underground arena, and All Might was on his way there before AFO even made them go berserk.

@Mazdoesstuff

All For One's ability isn't corruption. Making someone go berserk would just be madness manipulation without any further context.

Also I don't think AFO used any drugs, he just placed his hands on them and they went crazy.

Or were you talking about the gas that was spread around earlier? Because AFO didn't do that, people who worked for him did.

Maybe it was made by the Doctor or someone else.

@TheRustyOne in vigilantes final fight, the destruction style makes a giant line explosion, that goes past what the panel shows (because we can see the devastation on the next page), I’ll try and get the chapter but I think it’s a good feat (whether it upgraded or supports is up to the results)

We have no idea. All Might didn't traveled through all of Osaka, they were in a single city block at best. The "villains" AFO made came out of an underground arena, and All Might was on his way there before AFO even made them go berserk.
Ah, I haven’t read the chapter in awhile

@TheRustyOne in vigilantes final fight, the destruction style makes a giant line explosion, that goes past what the panel shows (because we can see the devastation on the next page), I’ll try and get the chapter but I think it’s a good feat (whether it upgraded or supports is up to the results)
I don't know if we can use the explosion formula for that, but I already did a quick look and got High 8-C results I think.

Can't remember if it was High 8-C+ or not, I'll try to see if I can find it.

I don't know if we can use the explosion formula for that, but I already did a quick look and got High 8-C results I think.

Can't remember if it was High 8-C+ or not, I'll try to see if I can find it.
O, I thought it’d be a bit higher cause the explosion couldn’t be seen finish off so like 75% of that should be the radius instead of 50% or smth (this is just me being stupid, unless you think it’s a good idea don’t say anything)

O, I thought it’d be a bit higher cause the explosion couldn’t be seen finish off so like 75% of that should be the radius instead of 50% or smth (this is just me being stupid, unless you think it’s a good idea don’t say anything)
It was 5.25 Tons, which is slightly higher than what he scales to in base. A supporting feat at best.

Though I don't think such a narrow blast is valid for the explosion formula. They need a certain shape or something, I can't remember.

Back