• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Because Shigaraki and a High-End Nomu almost died to a 6-C attack. So yeah, him taking a Low 6-B attack, which is over 100X stronger than the missile is indeed an outlier. Unless Shigaraki or Izuku pulls out some more feats.
To be fair, Shigaraki and the Nomu were already massively weakened from getting absolutely scorched by Star’s laser

Oh crap! If both of those results are fine. Shigaraki and the others would be straight up High 6-C.
Also rusty can you use the speed the clouds moved at as an attack speed? I’ve seen it a few times but also been shut down a lot (and me dumb, so me don’t know)

Also rusty can you use the speed the clouds moved at as an attack speed? I’ve seen it a few times but also been shut down a lot (and me dumb, so me don’t know)
Yes, we currently do it for Izuku's 100% speed. Well actually it is the speed of his shockwave. But the same thing applies. That shouldn't be moving any faster than his own fist, since all of that energy is coming from his attack. I don't think something launched by a person's attack, would be faster than the attack that created it.

Yes, we currently do it for Izuku's 100% speed. Well actually it is the speed of his shockwave. But the same thing applies. That shouldn't be moving any faster than his own fist, since all of that energy is coming from his attack. I don't think something launched by a person's attack, would be faster than the attack that created it.
Oh, then we can use the Number 6 “frozen time calc” cause 100% would be over double the speed of 20% (atleast, for method 2, it would be in MHS range if we treated the clouds being dispersed as part of the shockwave). Or we could use my suggestion of upscaling but not downscaling with Deku’s percentages look many I just want MHS 45% i’ma jump at any opportunity I get

Oh, then we can use the Number 6 “frozen time calc” cause 100% would be over double the speed of 20% (atleast, for method 2, it would be in MHS range if we treated the clouds being dispersed as part of the shockwave). Or we could use my suggestion of upscaling but not downscaling with Deku’s percentages look many I just want MHS 45% i’ma jump at any opportunity I get
That explosion thing was made by Bakugo and Izuku's attack exploding together at the same time. Like it came from one punch, but their energy seem to half and then explode outward. Also my second method has to be correct in the first place. So I have no idea if that should even scale to their individual speed, or we should cut it in half. Since that blast was created by both of their attacks together.

The reason we don't do it for the first speed feat is because the attacks are basically launched side by side.

They don't join together until they hit the cloud and do that rainbow crap.

That explosion thing was made by Bakugo and Izuku's attack exploding together at the same time. Like it came from one punch, but their energy seem to half and then explode outward. Also my second method has to be correct in the first place. So I have no idea if that should even scale to their individual speed, or we should cut it in half. Since that blast was created by both of their attacks together.

The reason we don't do it for the first speed feat is because the attacks are basically launched side by side.

They don't join together until they hit the cloud and do that rainbow crap.
Ah that makes sense. I am still trying to find speed calculations to use for UA beginnings 100% Deku

In the English Dub of MHA season 3 episode 9's end credit scene, Izuku states AFO's Air Cannon happened in a microsecond. Which is 0.000001 seconds.

The length of the crater made by AFO is 128.78 m.

Meaning AFO's attack is 128780 km per second, 0.429 c, or Relativistic. Almost Relativistic+. Casually Relativistic AFO is 100% Canon.

In the English Dub of MHA season 3 episode 9's end credit scene, Izuku states AFO's Air Cannon happened in a microsecond. Which is 0.000001 seconds.

Meaning AFO's attack is 128780 km per second, 0.429 c, or Relativistic. Almost Relativistic+. Casually Relativistic AFO is 100% Canon.
I mean if we get Horikoshi to give his seal of approval

@TheRustyOne In the manga all for one was able to make his crater before iida could even perceive what was happening, and iida has superhuman perception speed, meaning All For One is MHS for casually blitzing iida with his air cannon

What does it say in the sub?

Best Jeanist reacted to the Air Cannon, giving him Relativistic reactions which scales to every top tier in verse 🗿🗿🗿

Well I mean Tomura survived being imploded that made his head go boom, which is apparently they major weakness of it, that the can’t Regen head injuries
Mid-High: The ability to regenerate from having all biology completely incinerated. This includes being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, vapor, or plasma.

They would literally never die unless someone in the verse can neg Mid-High regen. Like NEVER die.

Mid-High: The ability to regenerate from having all biology completely incinerated. This includes being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, vapor, or plasma.

They would literally never die unless someone in the verse can neg Mid-High regen. Like NEVER die.
Oh I thought that would instead push Tomura to like high-mid or low-high (Not mid-high, that’d be ******)

Shouldn’t all Nomu get Type 3 Immortality then

Do all regeneration users at a certain level get immortality?

Regardless don't they count for Type 7 Immortality? Since they're stated to be living corpses. Which is the literal term for zombie. And some of these people died in ways that are without a doubt instant death. Shirakumo got his head crushed by a falling rock, he died instantly. They're dead, dead. Not heart stopped but was revived quickly dead.

Do all regeneration users at a certain level get immortality?

Regardless don't they count for Type 7 Immortality? Since they're stated to be living corpses. Which is the literal term for zombie. And some of these people died in ways that are without a doubt instant death. Shirakumo got his head crushed by a falling rock, he died instantly. They're dead, dead. Not heart stopped but was revived quickly dead.
I guess they are all zombies. Only way to kill then is destroying their brains, which is a literal zombie weakness.

3: Immortality via regeneration: Characters with this type of immortality can simply regenerate from wounds that would normally be lethal, though its effectiveness depends on the degree of the regeneration.

I think this only applies to people who have low-high regen and above

3: Immortality via regeneration: Characters with this type of immortality can simply regenerate from wounds that would normally be lethal, though its effectiveness depends on the degree of the regeneration.

I think this only applies to people who have low-high regen and above
I’ve seen it on lady Dimitrescu (big tall vampire lady from RE 8) she has mid Regen as well

I mean I’d say Mid should definitely be the point that “Immortality via regeneration” comes in no? Because they most definitely can survive anything that can be considered lethal, like being burned alive, stabbed in important organs, loss of limbs, being bludgeoned to death, etc. It’s literally just their brains being intact that matters, nothing else will kill them while the quirk is functioning properly outside of hax.

Question. All For One called the Nomu tireless. The unofficial translation of the line says they know nothing of fatigue.

I wonder if the Nomu can get a possibly infinite stamina rating? Because none of the Nomu have been shown to tire or run out of steam I believe. Even after half an hour of fighting they were doing just fine. And not long after AFO had them attack Tartarus. With the tireless statement.

Question. All For One called the Nomu tireless. The unofficial translation of the line says they know nothing of fatigue.

I wonder if the Nomu can get a possibly infinite stamina rating? Because none of the Nomu have been shown to tire or run out of steam I believe. Even after half an hour of fighting they were doing just fine. And not long after AFO had them attack Tartarus. With the tireless statement.
That would tie in to how they’re literally just corpses. They don’t need to eat, sleep or drink. No rest. They just follow orders. That sounds like infinite stamina to me, especially with the permanent regeneration. Which also implies types 2 and 3 self sustenance?

We might need a Nomu only thread at this point.

That would tie in to how they’re literally just corpses. They don’t need to eat, sleep or drink. No rest. They just follow orders. That sounds like infinite stamina to me, especially with the permanent regeneration. Which also implies types 2 and 3 self sustenance?

We might need a Nomu only thread at this point.
I agree

They should also all qualify for Type 2 immortality given how resilient they are to the wounds caused. They survive the most ridiculous of wounds and then heal them away. Even without super regeneration, they would still function as long as their brains are ok

Like that one Nomu that Endeavor hit with a flame spear, Garaki’s grandson, Tsubasa. He stabbed through its eyes and brain, but it still kept flying. It didn’t even have Super Regeneration but it continued on, so the stronger Nomu should definitely be similar to it.

What are the arguments against the Navel Laser being SoL?
not that i want to make the verse Sub Rel-Rel, just curious

What are the arguments against the Navel Laser being SoL?
not that i want to make the verse Sub Rel-Rel, just curious
That even if it displays several properties of light and is called light by knowledgeable sources, it doesn’t display enough properties to be assumed to move at light speed.

Back