• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Side-Note: How do you all think Captain Celebrity fares against someone like Endeavor in canon. Like completely ignoring out ratings, you think he is strong enough to handle up there? Not saying if he could beat him, but in terms of strength/speed is he up there or not?

Side-Note: How do you all think Captain Celebrity fares against someone like Endeavor in canon. Like completely ignoring out ratings, you think he is strong enough to handle up there? Not saying if he could beat him, but in terms of strength/speed is he up there or not?
Can Last a round but not long

He'd definitely give Endeavor a run for his money till Endeavor starts busting out his more powerful moves. Basically Endeavor vs Shiggy but this time any move that injured Shiggy would be lethal to CC so stuff like Hell Curtain, Vanishing Fist, and obviously Prominence Burn would take him down.

I mean last time we were in “upgrade everyone” mode, Star blew a crater in the middle of the ocean and validated Mountain level+, which had been getting applied and denied for several years.

Good times.

I mean last time we were in “upgrade everyone” mode, Star blew a crater in the middle of the ocean and validated Mountain level+, which had been getting applied and denied for several years.

Good times.
Yo there was some steam and it was an explosion you think we can use vaporization of rock for half the rock volume?

Is there a reason why we don’t scale characters strength in base form from their durability? Like Deku has 8-B base durability, but only High 8-C base strength. Star has 8-A base dura, but we don’t know her strength

Is there a reason why we don’t scale characters strength in base form from their durability? Like Deku has 8-B base durability, but only High 8-C base strength. Star has 8-A base dura, but we don’t know her strength
I mainly thought of this after seeing Awakened Shigaraki having High 8-C physical strength with 8-A dura, and it’s kinda weird to think about since Shiggy wasn’t narratively a tank (like Kirishima is, for example)

Is there a reason why we should?
I mainly thought of this after seeing Awakened Shigaraki having High 8-C physical strength with 8-A dura, and it’s kinda weird to think about since Shiggy wasn’t narratively a tank (like Kirishima is, for example)
Check out the recent CRT about Shigaraki's durability then. The reason is elaborated on there.

That's just not how it works.

You can't tell anything about a character's strength from their durability.

That's just not how it works.

You can't tell anything about a character's strength from their durability.
I'd hate to bring up others verses, but sometimes characters in their durability section have justifications like "comparable to attack power" and that's it.

I'd hate to bring up others verses, but sometimes characters in their durability section have justifications like "comparable to attack power" and that's it.
But.... that's the opposite of what we're talking about?

We're talking about characters getting an AP rating from a known durability rating.

You brought up characters getting a durability rating from a known AP rating.

I'd hate to bring up others verses.
Let's not, we are far more rigorous than other verses when it comes to scaling.

The only thing that comes to mind is Deku being threatened by Shinso's attack, and him kicking himself in the arm to stop Blackwhip.

My Hero Academia's ratings have remained stable since November last year, that's a new record.

Contradictory to that, I recalculated the Villain Bot's feat as the way I measured the wall was terrible.
All 9-B+ characters should now be upgraded to 9-A.

Last edited:
My Hero Academia's ratings have remained stable since November last year, that's a new record.

Contradictory to that, I recalculated the Villain Bot's feat as the way I measured the wall was terrible.
All 9-B+ characters should now be upgraded to 9-A.
Lmao nice
also small question. We use the mass of the giant villains from the manga and their speed for their anime to calculate ap, but we see the two essentially cockblock all the force from the tackles made by the other, or all the Newton’s made by the them, which would be 150000 tons of force for Nejire’s 30% Waves and 500000 tons of force for 100% cause she’s rating 8-A despite her feat being 8-B, so I’m assuming that we scale her percentages linearly

Deku damaged that villain bot by targeting it where its body was thinnest/weakest. He shouldn't really be scaling to its full durability IMO - especially since the armor plate of the Villain Bots could tank an explosion that would have done significant damage to an unshielded Deku.

Deku targeted the joints and took advantage of the bots momentum to slice it's knee. It's still a good strength feat that no ordinary human could ever hope to pull off but in-universe, it is more or less taking advantage of physics. The exposed joints clearly aren't as durable as the armored sections of the bots.

Deku damaged that villain bot by targeting it where its body was thinnest/weakest. He shouldn't really be scaling to its full durability IMO - especially since the armor plate of the Villain Bots could tank an explosion that would have done significant damage to an unshielded Deku.
I agree with this more or less and have brought it up in the past. The argument in favor for full scale back then was energy transfer or something, since the bots just bulldozes through things so every part of its body scales.
Don't really think that's how it works though, especially with how tough the armor is and how energy transfer means the force spreads out throughout the body, lessening the impact.

Though I'm not sure how significant the damage those landmine explosions would do to Deku. Weren't other students taking those explosions at close vicinity and were all fine with non-significant injuries? The armor plate did fully protect Deku though.

Beginning of series Base Izuku should just be At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C. Or just High 8-C going by his own canon statement which we refuse as an outlier for some reason. Where he directly states that 5% is only a small increase in power, meaning Izuku being Tier 8 in base has precedent.

Which would scale to the villain bots as well. As they're superior to Base Izuku, and to Shinso who couldn't even destroy a one pointer. The reason for this scaling is because Monoma is less durable than BoS Izuku, who is confident in saying that Monoma would've had to say goodbye to his limbs otherwise.

Since this limb popping off thing was going to happen to Izuku if he hadn't trained for 10 months. He needed to physically toughen up or he can't have OFA. In this case Izuku is implying that Monoma is comparable to his pre ten month training self. And we know Monoma is several times weaker than 8%. So this can fit fine without issue.

8% is only a small increase compared to 5%, which is only a small increase in power to his base form. Reason base Izuku lacks any real feats beyond this stuff is because he has no reason to ever fight in his base or show anything in his base. He has OFA and will always use it. But Izuku without his Quirks has many statements to support him being not that far behind 5%. And with the Monoma scaling I think there is good precedent to make him High 8-C.

Planning on bringing this stuff up in the future CRT, will be after the Vigilantes stuff since that is more important right now.

So unless we assume Izuku is dumb and couldn't tell how strong Monoma is, I do think the reason is solid.

Or just High 8-C going by his own canon statement which we refuse as an outlier for some reason. Where he directly states that 5% is only a small increase in power, meaning Izuku being Tier 8 in base has precedent.

Small increase relative to the massive amount of power he gets with 100%. Not small compared to Izuku's own level of power.

Base Izuku, with no Quirk at all, being Large Building level is just insane when both he and Kirishima need their Quirks active to break through a wall.

Small increase relative to the massive amount of power he gets with 100%. Not small compared to Izuku's own level of power.
Provide evidence that supports your claim.

While I provided evidence that supports Izuku being Tier 8 via Monoma. You can't deny that my interpretation isn't possible without proof. And I believed that Monoma being several times weaker than 8% and weaker than Base Izuku is proof enough to have him scale and support the Tier 8 rating.

I wasn't bringing it up anymore since just the statement alone isn't enough, but know I noticed more.

This isn't a CRT, I'm not obligated to debate it here.

I'm just stating my view on it without interest in discussing it further.

Base Izuku, with no Quirk at all, being Large Building level is just insane when both he and Kirishima need their Quirks active to break through a wall.
That isn't an argument, unless you can provide evidence that base Izuku cannot, with 100% certainty, break a wall. Him using percentages to break a wall doesn't mean he can't do it without OFA. Why would he even try to break something in base when he has OFA.

Can you provide the moment where this happened?

You aren't required to debate, and I'm still aloud to ask if you have evidence. I don't see why you need to even bring that up. Just say you have no interest to discuss further.

Kind of tempted to make the CRT right now, ignoring what I said before.

@TheRustyOne Even if the Monoma point was a good supporting one for Izuku at that time, it wouldn't apply to beginning of series Izuku.

@TheRustyOne Even if the Monoma point was a good supporting one for Izuku at that time, it wouldn't apply to beginning of series Izuku.
Of course it does.

Because Izuku firmly believes Monoma would lose his limbs if he tried to use OFA, since he'd use 100% as he lacks control and his limbs would pop off. Izuku even in the beginning of the series can use OFA at 100% without his limbs popping off. All Might said the same thing to him.

If he was as strong or stronger than BoS Base Izuku, Izuku would worry about his limbs breaking. But he is confident enough to say he would lose his limbs, they'd pop off. So Monoma who is a character none for not physically training his body whatsoever, being comparable to Pre 10 month training Izuku makes sense.

Whatever. I'm just sick of the lengths some people are willing to go to wank characters to unbelievable heights. Beginning-of-series Izuku, with no supporting feat remotely this close, being High 8-C is laughable.

Why, for the love of God, can we not look at a character's actual feats instead of resorting to these scaling chains to justify these massive upgrades?

Oh goodness i just thinking that considering the health that Hori got from the pressure, once Midnight death get animated there would be a massive riot and worst case Hori woulf get forced to retcon it 💀

Whatever. I'm just sick of the lengths some people are willing to go to wank characters to unbelievable heights. Beginning-of-series Izuku, with no supporting feat remotely this close, being High 8-C is laughable.

Why, for the love of God, can we not look at a character's actual feats instead of resorting to these scaling chains to justify these massive upgrades?
Retire then

That isn't an argument, unless you can provide evidence that base Izuku cannot, with 100% certainty, break a wall.
Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? It has to be proven that BOS base Izuku could break through a wall, since we never see him do it. Rather than proving that he can't.

Oh goodness i just thinking that considering the health that Hori got from the pressure, once Midnight death get animated there would be a massive riot and worst case Hori woulf get forced to retcon it 💀
There won't be, there weren't when she died in the manga, there won't be in the anime.

It will only happen if he kills a 1-A member. Maybe not if it's Mineta though.

Back