• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It’s 5.1758369e+19 joules, 12.8 GT, and enough to get AFO Shigaraki, 45%, Endeavor, ya da ya da, into High 7-A, and given that our scaling chain would be 1.28 GT<<Vigilantes All Might<<Prime All Might<Current Deku if we use 1.5 for all the times we go up current Deku gets 6-C and prime AM could get High 7-A+
I did a magic trick =D
Would love to see it come true some day. Imagine an actual statement like "Deku's punches are as powerful as the combined force of the temiat missiles".

That's not how you use that though?
All Might has a wounded state key which is massively superior to his USJ one (he gets much weaker as his time limit goes down and down, as AFO so lovingly mocks), so that needs to be applied to it first, and then to prime. No one notices because all might is confirmed to always hold back

Wait wouldn’t that mean that Wounded (the 2nd key) would be >748, USJ would be 748, and that gives us more reason for prime to be 1 GT (cause 748 x 1.5 = 1122 MT or 1.1 GT)
It's 1GT/1000MT ÷ 748MT = 1.3369 or a 1.337X Difference from the next Tier, 7-A+ to High 7-A

Oh no, by scaling chain wise 1.28 x 1.5 = 1.92 (Vig AM) x 1.5 = 2.88 (Prime AM) x 1.5 = 4.32 (Current Deku just over baseline)
If USJ AM = 748MT, then either
USJ AM (748MT) < Vig AM < Prime AM (1GT)
Or
USJ AM (748MT) < Vig AM (1GT) < Prime AM
It is possible for a character who is depicted as vastly superior to another in a statistic to be placed in a tier above the other, given that the other character is close to the the next tier. However, this ultimately needs to be decided through case-by-case analysis.
The 1.5 value is the max difference used for Upscaling.

One thing is not clear to me, is Star and Stripe's Tiamat a nuclear / atomic explosion?
We have no idea, not every missile is considered Nuclear/Atomic. Hypersonic missile in reality can carry nuclear warheads, but they don't have to nor are they made for it.

They're made to hold many types of explosives.

I changed the height so it’s the max of the spruce tree (because I felt like it) and even when using pulverization the max height of a spruce tree (60 meters) gets us 543 MT for the first crater by itself. I shall return with the second one shortly
Shouldn’t we still use vaporization considering smoke is coming out of the crater

Shouldn’t we still use vaporization considering smoke is coming out of the crater
Not at all. Vaporization can only be assumed when the attack in question has high heat to it already. We have no idea how Machia made the crater, but he has not showcase any heat related powers/attacks. There is no reason to assume that is vapor instead just dust from being pulverized.

Not at all. Vaporization can only be assumed when the attack in question has high heat to it already. We have no idea how Machia made the crater, but he has not showcase any heat related powers/attacks. There is no reason to assume that is vapor instead just dust from being pulverized.
Alright. Also I think that since there’s still vapor in the panel, that should mean that the attack happened fairly quickly, so I think the feat can be used

Considering we don't know if Machia did it one hit or many, there is no proof for either side.

A possibly rating could be used if the calc has higher results than what he has now. If it's lower than we can use it as a supporting feat.

Considering we don't know if Machia did it one hit or many, there is no proof for either side.

A possibly rating could be used if the calc has higher results than what he has now. If it's lower than we can use it as a supporting feat.
I don't think it makes much sense if it was in a long period of time. At best I think it took 2 blows, 1 for each crater. Also I don't think dust is supposed to move the way it does there. Like it rises up similar to smoke.

Though a possibly/likely for that feat could also be used.

I don't think it makes much sense if it was in a long period of time. At best I think it took 2 blows, 1 for each crater. Also I don't think dust is supposed to move the way it does there. Like it rises up similar to smoke.

Though a possibly/likely for that feat could also be used.
Two blows has no support, especially when nothing suggest two craters from two attacks. Could be one attack that started on one mountain and ended at the one behind. I mean Machia throwing even 5 or 10 attacks wouldn't take a long period of time. Less than 30 seconds easily.

That is why possibly is the best we can do. Since nothing also suggest it took multiple hits, we have nothing to go on. All we know for sure is that Machia physically did this feat, as he has yet to showcase power that doesn't rely on his own strength.

Two blows has no support, especially when nothing suggest two craters from two attacks. Could be one attack that started on one mountain and ended at the one behind. I mean Machia throwing even 5 or 10 attacks wouldn't take a long period of time. Less than 30 seconds easily.

That is why possibly is the best we can do. Since nothing also suggest it took multiple hits, we have nothing to go on. All we know for sure is that Machia physically did this feat, as he has yet to showcase power that doesn't rely on his own strength.
Dunno, the shape of the 2 craters don't scream he needed to use 5 or 10 attacks.

But I also said possibly/likely also works. So IDRC.

Edit: Looked at a clearer image and actually it could lol. I speculate 8 attacks. Though it doesn't help the way the mountain are drawn. Now I'm leaning towards 1 attack needed. Damn horikoshi just doesn't like giving out good or even clear feats.

Shape of a crater has literally nothing to do with how many attacks it took.
Eh, it kind of does. Doubt a smooth crater could have taken more than 1 hit, or at least extremely precise ones, without looking weird. Especially from someone like Gigantomachia. But this is what he made lol

mountain_hole.jpg

Some parts pretty clearly overlap

Nope not at all.

I've seen very smooth craters like this take over dozens of punches. That picture isn't what I'm talking about, but it looked similar to it. Fiction doesn't care, it doesn't follow any kind of rules. Many types of craters left by characters have no logic behind them since that isn't how the ground or wall would actually break.

It's simply drawn like that to look cool. There is no point in this conversation.

Nope not at all.

I've seen very smooth craters like this take over dozens of punches. That picture isn't what I'm talking about, but it looked similar to it. Fiction doesn't care, it doesn't follow any kind of rules. Many types of craters left by characters have no logic behind them since that isn't how the ground or wall would actually break.

It's simply drawn like that to look cool. There is no point in this conversation.
And that's why I pointed out that it wouldn't make much sense for machia to make craters like you presented in multiple hits. But if you think this conversation doesn't have a point idrc too.

Don't want to spoil too much, but Prime All Might and Complete Shigaraki should both be High 7-A at the end of this.

Unless the missile calc gets removed.
You’ve already said too much, I need to know now
Also Rusty because nobody was able to properly react to the sky egg feat you think we could use peak human/superhuman (peak human cause, duh, thats what we’ve been using, and superhuman because some people who were unable to tell what AM did scale above tensei iida)

You’ve already said too much, I need to know now
Also Rusty because nobody was able to properly react to the sky egg feat you think we could use peak human/superhuman (peak human cause, duh, thats what we’ve been using, and superhuman because some people who were unable to tell what AM did scale above tensei iida)
Could no heroes react to it?

Remember Number 6 on the side, it literally took him a few panels to even realize stuff happened, Tensei and Mirko only realized after a bit that the building wasn’t falling, stuff like that
Number 6 should still have superhuman reactions (lowballed) in base, so I think superhuman is fine

We saw Machia make similar craters in the PLW arc.

There's no question how Machia performed the mountain feat. It wasn't with a single hit at all.

So how is Deku’s 100% feat of speed in the Shei Hassaki arc calced? Because the revised panel measurements has the hole at 19 meters, and it’s 201 px, the panel height is around 1298 iirc, and if Deku reached the Sky before his shockwave broke the spikes, then couldn’t we like, just assume that he moved ((1298/201) x 19) meters (rounded up to 122.69 (nice)), and that’s without adding in the slight height boost that him moving out of the hole would get us (i don’t have much faith it’s more than 30 meters)? Because the manga doesn’t show him continuing to travel, it just shows him disappear, spikes break, and then shows Deku over the top of buildings.

I don’t remember it doing that. Even then, it still did a real strange method. Aka (distance x speed) / 16, could have just done (distance bullet moved / bullet speed) as a timeframe, and use Deku’s distance after looping around the building to where Chisaki is as the distance for the later distance/timeframe=speed

Also another question, for Deku’s 100% Shie Hassaki feat (speed), the calc doesn’t seem to take into consideration that Deku moved above all the buildings before the shockwave hit the spikes, because in the very next panel we see him, he to incredibly shocked at his own movement, realizing he didn’t he mean to do it (as he was using 20%, this gap seems normal).

I have zero knowledge about that Yakuza Arc speed thing, so I'm just going to avoid it. I don't know how this speed stuff works, I only know random calcs without anything that connects them to each other. My knowledge is highly specific and random, and I have no idea what to say about this stuff.

Are we going to recalc Deku’s 100% bullet feat, considering he actually travelled a larger distance (he looped around the building)
even then Therefir’s method seems wrong. Because it said the distance that the bullet was from overhaul after Deku had dodged the bullet which was shot at him, and started swinging to save overhaul. We saw in the faux 100% Manchester smash, Fa-Jin seems to be used at the peak of blackwhip (or right before kickoff, so no movement slows)

instead, imo we should use the distance from the side of the building Deku was swinging on, and then we px scale the the bullet moved during the two panels. I can’t px scale well, so I’ll assume it was an even 2 meters, and the distance between Deku and chisaki (before the boost) was the average street length (160 meters, from what I’ve seen).
And we use 2/1422 because the bullet moves at that speed, so it’s the timeframe of how fast Deku moved during that timeframe
so it’s 160 / (2/1422). Or 160 / .001406. This is 113760 m/s or Mach 331.66

Back