• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also solidify Faux 100% as being MHS
G6UcluZ.jpg

idk about this feat, it's clearly an exaggeration and immediately just means quick. Plus Deku would have no idea how long it'd take him to reach UA. He can't even see the mainland, all he sees is the horizon and he can't even tell the distance or anything so

Izuku should know how far away he was.

This isn't some uninhabited island, this was a destination they planned to send Toga and others too. Also it's very famous destination and is run by Gang Orca as well, I have zero doubt that Izuku knows exactly how far away he is from U.A. or at least the main land. No reason I see why he wouldn't know the distance being 200 km.

Izuku should know how far away he was.

This isn't some uninhabited island, this was a destination they planned to send Toga and others too. Also it's very famous destination and is run by Gang Orca as well, I have zero doubt that Izuku knows exactly how far away he is from U.A. or at least the main land. No reason I see why he wouldn't know the distance being 200 km.
So? It doesn’t matter, as that doesn’t suggest he actually knows or can fathom this distance. There's no reason to assume so nor would it make any earthly for Izuki to know what exactly 200,000 meters is when it comes to distance. It's clearly an exaggeration as at the time he just wanted to quickly get to UA, only saying it would be faster to use Faux 100%.

It's a pretty direct statement in the raws so I think it should count.

It also kinda shows the huge gap between Faux 100% and his regular 30-45% speed even when he has Float and Fa Jin.

It's almost an insurmountable speed gap. Even for Bakugo, Iida, and maybe Shoto who should be around 45% speed ballpark, they still needed to combo with like 10 other students just to catch up to Faux 100%.

So? It doesn’t matter, as that doesn’t suggest he actually knows or can fathom this distance. There's no reason to assume so nor would it make any earthly for Izuki to know what exactly 200,000 meters is when it comes to distance. It's clearly an exaggeration as at the time he just wanted to quickly get to UA, only saying it would be faster to use Faux 100%.
I don't see how Deku can't know how far 200km is when he was travelling city to city, region to region, in his solo arc. It is even possible he used Faux 100% numerous times to travel across the country after separating from All Might. We saw him in forests, cities, and at the ocean. He was so hard to track down cause he was constantly moving.

Izuku isn't exaggerating to himself. That makes no sense.

How would he not know what 200 km is, that is literally standard stuff. He's a very smart kid, capable of tracking the trajectory of curving bullets back to a sniper that is 1 km away (And perfectly figures out she is 1 km away from him). I find it very hard to believe that he is incapable of knowing his own speed, and the distance of 200 km.

There is no reason to doubt his statement of immediately. Even normal humans understand such a distance, and Izuku has done calculations mid battle that are beyond human capability. Once again, I'd bring up his fight with Lady Nagant.

All Izuku has to know is how fast he is, and how far away he is from the mainland. There is no reason to suggest he doesn't know his own speed, and that he doesn't know how far away this island is. It isn't a random island like I said above, it was planned to send them here. And is a popular tourist spot, run by Gang Orca.

He without a doubt knows the distance.

Looking back Shiggy did combine his radio waves with his air cannon, but Star saw him charging it up and aim dodged.

Hopefully he does it again and someone reacts on the spot

Looking back Shiggy did combine his radio waves with his air cannon, but Star saw him charging it up and aim dodged.

Hopefully he does it again and someone reacts on the spot
Dodging the Radio Waves would be an impressive feat yes, but there is no reason to avoid radio waves unless you're effect by EMP or something. The Air Cannon portion wouldn't move at the same speed, and would be slower. Radio Waves move at LS because they are photons, while Air is not a photon.

Combing Air Cannon and Radio Waves doesn't equal LS Air without evidence. Instead it's just Shigaraki shooting out Radio Waves and a Air Cannot at the same time.

Note: I'm just saying this incase someone thinks that combined attack, like the air cannon, is lightspeed. If you weren't thinking that then you can just ignore me.

Air Cannon was originally used to increase the range of Radio Waves to take down as many comms systems as possible in one attack, not to increase its speed. Even if by all estimates of physics that still doesn't really make any sense...

I wouldn't bet on getting any new speed feats that would vastly exceed this current one. It took a while after the War Arc before we got significant AP upgrades too. This new MHS value is already pretty good.

At most that floating island will definitely get destroyed though, one way or another.

Star already drew blood from Shigaraki in a single punch. She would have Deku spitting out blood left and right. Deku's durability isn't exactly the strongest at 30 - 45%.

Star and Stripe (physical boost only) vs Deku (30-45% only, no 100% or Vestige quirks beside Blackwhip.)
He could probably just restrain her pretty easily and then take her out. He could also read her moves and look for any opening. So if by some chance, (no matter how slim) she broke out of his Black Whip, he could predict her movements and go toe to toe with her.

Yes, his durability is weaker than her, but not to the point that he'd get one-shotted. I'd say that Deku would take this.

He could probably just restrain her pretty easily and then take her out. He could also read her moves and look for any opening. So if by some chance, (no matter how slim) she broke out of his Black Whip, he could predict her movements and go toe to toe with her.

Yes, his durability is weaker than her, but not to the point that he'd get one-shotted. I'd say that Deku would take this.
Restrain? Someone who can make Shigaraki bleed with punches??

He couldn’t even restrain Toga. Or Muscular.

Dabi burned black whip.

Muscular flexed out of it.

Toga cut it.

Unless it gets stronger, current black Whip is not that sturdy.

Also don't forget Deku couldn't even tag Bakugo and Nagant with it.

For people who never wanted Deku to have extra quirks in the first place or for them to be weak, this is a win for them. There's always people rejoicing when the OP characters get nerfed.

For me, my only hope is that Horikoshi's love for Spider-Man and Venom translates into Black Whip and Deku gets a Venom-like power-up.
Either a full on Black suit (War arc had hints of it with Deku even getting the Venom patterned eyes in his rage mode) or Black Whip constructs sort of how other symbiotes can do.

Dabi burned black whip.
Dabi has fire that is stronger than Endeavor's and Endeavor's fire can almost kill Shigiraki
Muscular flexed out of it.
Muscular has Class T LS so that makes sense he is able to break out of it, not to mention he can psychically clash with Deku at 100%
Toga cut it.
Plot/Outlier unless we give toga 7-A AP and Class T LS
Unless it gets stronger, current black Whip is not that sturdy.
Then how come Shigiraki couldn't break free from it? That seems sturdy enough to me
Also don't forget Deku couldn't even tag Bakugo and Nagant with it.
We all know that Current Bakugo is at least on par with 1st War Arc Deku plus Bakugo has better mobility then Deku when it comes to Flight

He barely managed to restrain a weakened Shigaraki with Blackwhip, who stated he was running out of steam/stamina. Even than a single elbow shot to his stomach had Izuku coughing up a lot of blood. Shigaraki isn't even focused on Izuku at that moment, and wasn't even restrained in a way that he couldn't attack Izuku on his back.

He's also faster than Izuku as well, which means Star is faster too. Star's combat abilities seem on par to what Izuku has. That invisible giant crap is a lot more absurd than people are thinking. She can't see it, yet she is able to accurately control and land hits with it.

Which means she is aware of the exact dimensions of her giant at all times, and can easily hit her target. Also considering she jumped towards Shigaraki and landed a hit on him, and he wasn't able to protect himself from her punch. I have no doubt she can do that same for Izuku, since he's slower than Shigaraki.

And he won't get off with a bloodily lip, his jaw might dislocate from a direct punch. And no I don't mean the damage would be on same level as 100% punch against Shigaraki, no ripped skin or muscle.

I don't see Izuku being massively or godly superior to her in combat, that he can avoid directs hits and take her out before she can take him out. She's the No.1 Hero in America, so she isn't some slouch. I personally imagine that with these restrictions, Izuku would lose.

That is all I'll say on this matter.

Just looking at Venom's powers:
  • Clothes Mimicry
  • superhuman strength (retains the strength from previous host)
  • speed and agility
  • Super enhanced durability
  • resistance to damage and healing ability
  • genetic memory
  • recalling information from previous hosts.
  • shape shifting

In a way Black Whip can already do or assist Deku in doing half of this. So the black suit could fill the durability & shape shifting section.

He managed to restrain Shigaraki for a bit. As well as Muscular. I don't think she could get out of it that easily. Besides, if he can't completely restrain her, he could at least catch her off guard.
He restrained a weakening, falling apart Shigaraki who wasn’t even trying to break out of it, and was stopped by Ryuko. A single casual elbow broke through it, causing Deku to bind him again, then Shigaraki broke out of it again when he made Aizawa flinch.

Muscular instantly broke out of when he tried breaking out of it. Before then he was just sitting there talking.

Star made Shigaraki bleed with a punch. She’s borderline All Might tier. She isnt being stopped by Blackwhip. If anything, she’d just grab Blackwhip and use Deku as a ping-pong ball.

Just looking at Venom's powers:
  • Clothes Mimicry
  • superhuman strength (retains the strength from previous host)
  • speed and agility
  • Super enhanced durability
  • resistance to damage and healing ability
  • genetic memory
  • recalling information from previous hosts.
  • shape shifting

In a way Black Whip can already do or assist Deku in doing half of this. So the black suit could fill the durability & shape shifting section.
That ain’t how that works. Like, at all.

That ain’t how that works. Like, at all.
I don't know what you are talking about at all. Black Whip and in a way OFA, already grant Deku half of those powers on that list. I obviously don't expect Deku to get healing, but if there's one thing I'm sure of is that he will replicate what he did in war arc to a greater extent in the future. That is reinforcing his body with Black Whip internally and externally. Also considering the changes it made to his face when he was chewing off Rivet Stab, I totally see Venom Deku happening.

Anyone who follows Horikoshi on Twitter knows how much he loves Spider-man. He even participated in the Venom poster competition when the 2nd movie was getting promoted. There's many incredulous theories, but I feel with a power clearly based on Venom, it's almost guaranteed to happen.

Back