• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Quick question, why isnt the 5x prime all might stats accepted?

As far as i am concerned the reason why we haven't accepted the nomu 60x-72x multiplier is because it's vague, unofficial and because of some shock absorption stuff and that the actual multiplier of prime all might would be lower. Which is alright, but we have an actual multiplier here.

So shouldnt prime allmight be upgraded to High 7-A+ ?

As far as i am concerned the reason why we haven't accepted the nomu 60x-72x multiplier is because it's vague, unofficial and because of some shock absorption stuff and that the actual multiplier of prime all might would be lower. Which is alright, but we have an actual multiplier here.

So shouldnt prime allmight be upgraded to High 7-A+ ?

That graph isn’t showing strength or attack power. It’s showing quirk USE. That’s why it’s not going steadily upwards before his injury, since y’know, OFA gains strength over time.

AP = Active Period, most likely.

Because those numbers don't mean anything, there is nothing suggesting that this refers to physical strength in a linear way. It's numbers on a graph that aren't explained whatsoever. Anything we'd come up with would be pure speculation. I shouldn't have accepted in the first place, I can't understand myself at times.

There is no multiplier here. Honestly such a large gap is getting somewhat contradicted in universe thanks to Shigaraki possibly being Prime All Might level.[/S}

I shouldn't have accepted in the first place, I can't understand myself at times.

There is no multiplier here. Honestly such a large gap is getting somewhat contradicted in universe thanks to Shigaraki possibly being Prime All Might level.[/S}
Don’t worry, you’re still not as stupid as most of us

Because those numbers don't mean anything, there is nothing suggesting that this refers to physical strength in a linear way. It's numbers on a graph that aren't explained whatsoever. Anything we'd come up with would be pure speculation. I shouldn't have accepted in the first place, I can't understand myself at times.

To be honest, what else could it be referring to?
AP = Active Period, most likely.
All might was active until he retired.

One for all = superhuman strength.
If this graph was about his quirk (cant find the clip but i do remember it was) and david was trying to create a device ro restore all mights strength, therefore this graph would be a strength graph.

I think “possibly High 7-A+” Works maybe?

To be honest, what else could it be referring to?

All might was active until he retired.

One for all = superhuman strength.
If this graph was about his quirk (cant find the clip but i do remember it was) and david was trying to create a device ro restore all mights strength, therefore this graph would be a strength graph.

I think “possibly High 7-A+” Works maybe?
What else is it referring to? I literally just explained.

All Might used to be active 24/7. After his injury, that became 3 hours PER DAY, and got even lower every time he had to push himself. The graph shows nothing but quirk USAGE, not quirk STRENGTH. The device would’ve given All Might’s body strength, therefore All Might could be at 100% longer once again.

What else is it referring to? I literally just explained.

All Might used to be active 24/7. After his injury, that became 3 hours PER DAY, and got even lower every time he had to push himself. The graph shows nothing but quirk USAGE, not quirk STRENGTH. The device would’ve given All Might’s body strength, therefore All Might could be at 100% longer once again.
Hmm, yeah reading more into it, it does seem like it says “S-POW activity" which does make sense.

Is there even a concrete timeframe to use? All it says is "immediately" in the original Japanese
When we have stuff like this, a timeframe of 5 to 10 seconds is usually an acceptable assumption.

I don't know which one is actually standard, or if we have a standard in the first place.

1 second isn't acceptable without proper evidence. Like something being frozen and basically didn't move all that much.

For a statement like immediately, I don't see anything less than 5 seconds.

Izuku just left Uraraka and Asui next to a mass murderer who rivals pro heroes and several Endeavor tier High Ends. So, like, they’re totally dead, right? Wonder how Horikoshi is going to write out of that one.

Izuku just left Uraraka and Asui next to a mass murderer who rivals pro heroes and several Endeavor tier High Ends. So, like, they’re totally dead, right? Wonder how Horikoshi is going to write out of that one.
That wasn't a surprised, the people there new Toga and two High-Ends were coming. They even stated that this was where they wanted Toga to be.

It was part of their plan. Izuku isn't worried because nothing suggest that their plan would go wrong.

Write out of that one sounds horrible, as if you're suggesting that there is no way out and only plot armor can save them.

ah ok. Me dumb
Nah, I've been learning lately that I'm the big dumb

Seriously, I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out if something was a rain drop or a crack on the wall for a picture I was px scaling. It was a rain drop.

The adverb for "immediately" is instantly, so a 1 sec timeframe should be okay
No. Such words are far too vague for one second. Many instants of immediately being more than 1 second. People can use immediately for things that last 5 seconds or even a minute depending on the context. However our standard seems to be 5 seconds, and a minute would be wrong in this context I believe.

Also there is no such thing as one to one Japanese translation, since we have to guess on what word fits their own word. Izuku's phrase can also translate to shortly.

Using instantly or immediately literally would be infinite speed. Izuku infinite speed confirmed.

In the context of this scene, Izuku is saying he'd arrive MUCH faster with Faux 100% than his current speed.

When we have stuff like this, a timeframe of 5 to 10 seconds is usually an acceptable assumption.

I don't know which one is actually standard, or if we have a standard in the first place.
I think 5 seconds would be the standard here, so that would be 200000 / 5 = 40000 m/s; Mach 116.62 (Massively Hypersonic)

If we can get agreement on that timeframe. It'll be a upgrade, a small one but a upgrade nonetheless. Also solidify Faux 100% as being MHS, it's surprisingly consistent.

Also made me eat my own words, since I said that wouldn't happen. But hey way to show me wrong, I didn't have fate.

Back