• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Izuku can survive hits from Nine, this is true. If his body doesn't exploding into little chunks, he scales to him. He took the same attacks that injured Bakugo at the same time at one point as well (This was a knock out attack though). And towards the end of the movie, he and Bakugo were hit by Nine's Hydra thing and Izuku didn't die.

However I do agree that he should be downscaling, and I heavily disagree with 8-B dura as of now. If new feats come out, that's great, but he shouldn't be more than High 8-C.

Izuku always has something on when using Full Cowl, Horikoshi is consistent about it. I can't speak for the anime, but the manga does do a good job of keeping track. There could be some small panels where he doesn't have OFA, but I'd say 90% of the time it's consistent.

Deku takes the shockwave that blew him and Shiggy apart, we don’t see the OFA aura, and then Deku asks if OFA was stolen, he get a shot of his aura, then he says it’s not stolen. It kinda implies that he turned OFA on to check if it was stolen or not, right after being at the epicenter of the shockwave

I still think its a bit too much, its like both sides are easy to being hot-headed with their arguments
I don’t see the point in arguing over opinions, especially something as controversial as that.
Some believes it’s rushed and others think it’s not being rushed. No amount of arguing isn’t gonna change either side’s opinion. It’s all up for interpretation

Aside from one or two mistakes, there's no hint that he's trying to rush things. If Horikoshi was trying to rush things, he wouldn't even bother writing Deku's solo arc. If he really wanted to rush things, he wouldn't even give us a time frame. You're just so adamant about projecting your negativity onto this series that you're acting as if everything is going to shit when it's not.

61Jt8eA.gif

Like, imagine for a second that you have to repeatedly explain something to someone over and over again simply because they just don't get it. It's frustrating trying to get you to understand that Horikoshi is bullshitting us when he says the series will end in a year. Oda said the same thing for One Piece and that series is at its what, 1000th chapter?

Doing the exact, same thing, over and over again, expecting it to change and it doesn't... That is the definition of insanity. And I refuse to delve further into that madness. So you can sit in your little echo chamber while I, and pretty much every other sane person on this wiki continue to enjoy the series to the fullest extent.
So instead of critically engaging with my claim that Horikoshi is trying to wrap the series up—which I am fully, 100%, convinced he is—you try to accuse me of being insane and stewing in negativity and hate about what's going on. I'm ******* done with you acting out of line on my face. I'm getting out of this thread and I don't want to talk to you ever again, anywhere.

So instead of critically engaging with my claim that Horikoshi is trying to wrap the series up—which I am fully, 100%, convinced he is—you try to accuse me of being insane and stewing in negativity and hate about what's going on. I'm ******* done with you acting out of line on my face. I'm getting out of this thread and I don't want to talk to you ever again, anywhere.
This is exactly what I talked about when I said you couldn't be reasoned with. I did critically engage your argument, and you pretty much-ignored everything I said. It's 2022, and people take you seriously when you quote something from a video game as a joke?

Crazy shit bro

I do agree, he came off way too rude and it was entirely unnecessary but

Relax bro damn

He did nothing wrong, he felt offended so he’s expressing it.
He most definitely did. I pointed out how it was frustrating to continue to argue against his fixation on the series being rushed, nothing more. I may have called him insane, but not in the way that you're thinking. It's in a sort of behavioral sense. (If you've watched that Fary Cry 3 scene, you'll know what I'm talking about).

So he's pretty much getting offended over someone voicing their complaints with the way he argues. That's pretty immature if you ask me, and I say this as an angsty teenager going through high school. Doesn't get more ironic than that.

I know this is Man of Steel not Smallville but if it was, I remember there was a character in Smallville with a hax superpower like Decay. In fact his version could decay people to dust as long as they touched him anywhere on his body not just his hands. And it happened in an instant.

But when he touched Superman/Clark on the face, it only slightly darkened his face and made him feel some weakness but otherwise he was unaffected and managed to throw the dude off and recover almost instantly.

Some versions of Superman and Kryptonians in extension do have hax resistance and even reality manip resistance (Neron).

I know this is Man of Steel not Smallville but if it was, I remember there was a character in Smallville with a hax superpower like Decay. In fact his version could decay people to dust as long as they touched him anywhere on his body not just his hands. And it happened in an instant.

But when he touched Superman/Clark on the face, it only slightly darkened his face and made him feel some weakness but otherwise he was unaffected and managed to throw the dude off and recover almost instantly.

Some versions of Superman and Kryptonians in extension do have hax resistance and even reality manip resistance (Neron).
Intriguing

kiryu-slapping.gif

I have a question about Cassie's giant avatar.
When she grabs the missiles and punches the ocean, the impact creates a transparent explosion which we assumed was the actual bomb itself going off, but i beg to differ.

1. We can see the impact from the punch traveling through the ocean meaning its traveling out, duh, yet the clouds above it arent affected by it.
2. After the Punch we see that the air crafts nearby arent even being pushed back from this giant shockwave, despite it pushing shockwaves away from the initial punch (its traveling outwards duh).
3. Right after the scene of the omega, transparent, shockwave, we get a second panel of an actual explosion, which is not transparent. It differ from the initial punch as it's not shaped like a spherical object and is expanding in a rough manner like an actual explosion. We also see that this explosion pushes the aircrafts, Cassie, and even the clouds apart which should be evidence for it being different from the first punch.

So where I'm getting at is, the first explosion we see should just scale to Cassie, which was calc at island iirc, and the Tiamat should just upscale
we need to talk about this

Hopefully something starts next chapter. People have been complaining about "rushed" all this time cause of Star but we just went through 5+ setup chapters for the next war at this point.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if no one even uses their quirk again next chapter but I hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully something starts next chapter. People have been complaining about "rushed" all this time cause of Star but we just went through 5+ setup chapters for the next war at this point.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if no one even uses their quirk again next chapter but I hope I'm wrong.
The fact there’s a “second war” /already/ is hilariously rushed.

The kids just got traumatised by a war and seeing real death in front of them, but nah, a few days in the dorms and they’re hunky-dory and ready for round 2 babyyyyy.

I hope Horikoshi throws a curveball and has the heroes straight up lose and open up a path for a second series where the students grow in a second dark age of Japan, but I seriously doubt that’s going to happen. Inb4 series ends before Deku can ever use 100% naturally without harm.

Back