• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

This is the funniest thing I've seen all day. You don't even need context to laugh at it.

foTTXK4.png
I don’t get this point, Deku is faster than characters who are stated to be faster than supersonic planes (Hawks and Mirko)

The only laughable thing is how you tried to get Mach 15,000 speeds from overpowering a "Mach 1" character.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe I had legitimate reasons for doing so? Do you know how momentum works? Because it's as simple as this...
  • The bullet's momentum is so great that it's capable of overpowering the momentum of Deku, who is likely going at Mach 1.
  • In order for the bullet to have the momentum needed to push back someone like, who weighs around 60 kilograms, who admittedly would likely be moving supersonically, it would have to be moving at ridiculous speeds, because its weight of 4 to 40 grams definitely doesn't help.
  • Momentum is mass times velocity. How fast would the bullet need to go to compensate for that ~20,400 kg•m/s worth of momentum if it weighs around 4 to 40 grams? Connect the dots.
If you have any basic knowledge of kinematics, you should be able to understand what I'm saying. If not, then watch this video. The fact that you didn't even bother understanding any of what I said about the momentum of the bullet proved to me that you didn't even try here.

... It's literally written in the rules that getting speed from the KE is not allowed.

Getting it from the Howitzer Shot was already pushing it, but at least that comes from an actual statement and not out of nowhere.

... It's literally written in the rules that getting speed from the KE is not allowed.
Momentum isn't kinetic energy though??? I don't know about you, but did we study the same type of physics? There's no rule on this site that says you can't get speed from momentum for a vs calculation.

As if it were any different, you are using the momentum of a ~70 kg character to obtain the velocity of a 4 gram bullet, no wonder you got such a ridiculous result.

The whole situation baffles me to be honest, it's like you're trying to sabotage your own calc. Another member of the calc group has expressed his discomfort with the method as well.

As if it were any different, you are using the momentum of a ~70 kg character to obtain the velocity of a 4 gram bullet, no wonder you got such a ridiculous result.
Are you saying that there's no difference between momentum and kinetic energy? If you actually watched the video I sent you, and read what I wrote, you'd realize just exactly how I got a Mach 15,000 bullet off of a 62.5 kg character. You keep saying my calculation is ridiculous without explaining why. Either present your argument, or I'll take that as a concession on your part.

The whole situation baffles me to be honest, it's like you're trying to sabotage your own calc. Another member of the calc group has expressed his discomfort with the method as well.
Still waiting for your argument as to why the calculation is mathematically incorrect btw.

travolta-desert.gif

The mental gymnastics that people do when they try to deny the most obvious feats in existence baffles me. Like, come on... If this is what I'll be dealing with just to get the calc's accepted, what would the theoretical CRT look like? For ****'s sake.

Goes to show that you can't have shit on this site...

The mental gymnastics that people do when they try to deny the most obvious feats in existence baffles me. Like, come on... If this is what I'll be dealing with just to get the calc's accepted, what would the theoretical CRT look like? For ****'s sake.

Goes to show that you can't have shit on this site...
can't have shit in Detroit

People would rather stonewall the absolute living hell out of you rather than give you a decent rebuttal. This begs the question; how did we even manage to get this verse to 7-A again?
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGIC? (also why don't Tomura and Eraserhead have an actual LS, like Tomura even has a feat directly stated)

People would rather stonewall the absolute living hell out of you rather than give you a decent rebuttal. This begs the question; how did we even manage to get this verse to 7-A again?
Umm Nomu survived some missile thing it scales to at least one missle Shigiraki is comparable all the heroes downscale basically that but watered down

The storm feat is currently unusable, due to the properties of how shockwaves travel through air. Current calcs assume all air is blown away, but a vacuum should form after that. This doesn't happen, which means all of the air was not pushed out.

In real life, shockwaves don't push air. The wave travels through the air without disrupting it. Longitudinal wave. I'm not sure how all of this works, but just assuming the water is pushed away drops the results to High 7-C from 6-C. (Using Earthyboy's calc) Obviously I don't know what is right here, but currently things are very wonky.

Also Izuku's statement of using all of OFA's power in Shigaraki's fight, basically kills any chance of Full Cowl being massively stronger. (Leverage isn't relevant, when's he's in the air and has no leverage) Float is only floating, he's easily pushed around with finger flicks and All Might compared it to Zero Gravity.

The storm feat is currently unusable, due to the properties of how shockwaves travel through air. Current calcs assume all air is blown away, but a vacuum should form after that. This doesn't happen, which means all of the air was not pushed out.

In real life, shockwaves don't push air. The wave travels through the air without disrupting it. Longitudinal wave. I'm not sure how all of this works, but just assuming the water is pushed away drops the results to High 7-C from 6-C. (Using Earthyboy's calc) Obviously I don't know what is right here, but currently things are very wonky.

Also Izuku's statement of using all of OFA's power in Shigaraki's fight, basically kills any chance of Full Cowl being massively stronger. (Leverage isn't relevant, when's he's in the air and has no leverage) Float is only floating, he's easily pushed around with finger flicks and All Might compared it to Zero Gravity.
So does that mean any cloud dispersion stuff is unusable?

So does that mean any cloud dispersion stuff is unusable?
Maybe, it's possible this could be a site wide thing or maybe nothing changes at all. IDK how this really works.

When you see a calc like the one above, it finds the weight of the air in that area. If all of that was truly pushed away, a vacuum should form as the air rushes back inside. But no such thing happens, I know some explosions in fiction where that happens, but this isn't one of those cases.

Now might be the time to hold off on such things until some clear answers come out. Even ignoring that, air density changes depending on how high up you go. Many calcs do not take this into account, and use standard 1.003 kg/m^3 for clouds when such a thing would be impossible at higher levels.

OFA has many forms. Both Deku and All Might have used 100% but again we have seen All Might go beyond 100% for each blow so clearly the max can be surpassed.

We also know from Deku vs Muscular and 1,000,000% that Deku going beyond his own physical body's limit can increase his power with OFA just beyond the regular 100%.

So even if we pretend as if punching is not a full body motion (cause it is but we somehow ignore it with OFA), full power OFA already has different "modes".

1. With All Might, he went plus ultra and by hyping himself up he could output more than 100% of OFA's power. So that's already a completely different level than just regular 100%.

2. For Deku, he surpassed his body's biological limiters. And the doctor said that humans can use like 80% of their strength and there's a limiter to prevent humans from injuring themselves. This is a real life fact though the percentage of tbe limiter is debatable. In desperate situations people can surpass this limit and basically gain insane strength like that woman who lifted a car off her kid.

In Deku's case, if his base human body is just at 80% then he uses OFA 100% punches, obviously it will be different than if his base body strength rises to 90% and he uses 100%. And if he gets a plus ultra boost like All Might and goes beyond 100%?

That's like 3 different power levels right there all which fit within "Using OFA at full power".

- Like do we know if Deku went beyond 100% like All Might in the Shigaraki fight?

- Did he break through his physical body limiters again like against Muscular?

Whether or not Full Cowl percentage affects max power output at 100% is not the only thing that would cause a wide variation of power between 100% OFA punches.

Izuku's attack against Muscular was only strong enough to knock him out. Also considering the flashing back to his doctor's warning during the fight. I believe Izuku was likely using 100% of his muscle output, like with Muscular as well. Though I admit this is only head canon on my part.

None of that is being denied here though. All Might's Plus Ultra is could also be him using 100% of his muscle output as well, we have no explanation about it and shouldn't stack them on top of each other (More head canon on my part). I was more or less explaining why a jump from High 7-A to High 6-C or something would be impossible.

Since Izuku was at least using everything OFA had to offer, and this can't be disproved with speculation. The series itself has to reveal that his statement was incorrect, or showcase feats that have no choice but to put his statement into question. Feats>Statements.

Maybe Full Cowl 100% will be used for the final battle because right now it seems useless
Izuku's attack against Muscular was only strong enough to knock him out. Also considering the flashing back to his doctor's warning during the fight. I believe Izuku was likely using 100% of his muscle output, like with Muscular as well. Though I admit this is only head canon on my part.
Also, the creator did say that his 1 Million percent smash was just him hyping himself.
main-qimg-22874f5fbaab5419f8807ef5d372bc78-pjlq

None of that is being denied here though. All Might's Plus Ultra is could also be him using 100% of his muscle output as well, we have no explanation about it and shouldn't stack them on top of each other (More head canon on my part). I was more or less explaining why a jump from High 7-A to High 6-C or something would be impossible.

Since Izuku was at least using everything OFA had to offer, and this can't be disproved with speculation. The series itself has to reveal that his statement was incorrect, or showcase feats that have no choice but to put his statement into question. Feats>Statements.
Kind of wish he used the United States of Smash move like he did in the movie :/.

I'm honestly not even fully sure if Izuku is going to master 100% in the series, I can't see Izuku just being at 100% in one week of time. Unless the time until the final battle is going to take longer than a week, which is possible. Though I can actually complain about them doing this multiple times. Setting a timeframe but then pulling the rug to give us more time because of reasons.

Edit: Hope this isn't the case. I'd love to see a 100% Full Cowl in the manga again, without any serious repercussions.

Last edited:
OFA has many forms. Both Deku and All Might have used 100% but again we have seen All Might go beyond 100% for each blow so clearly the max can be surpassed.

We also know from Deku vs Muscular and 1,000,000% that Deku going beyond his own physical body's limit can increase his power with OFA just beyond the regular 100%.

So even if we pretend as if punching is not a full body motion (cause it is but we somehow ignore it with OFA), full power OFA already has different "modes".

1. With All Might, he went plus ultra and by hyping himself up he could output more than 100% of OFA's power. So that's already a completely different level than just regular 100%.

2. For Deku, he surpassed his body's biological limiters. And the doctor said that humans can use like 80% of their strength and there's a limiter to prevent humans from injuring themselves. This is a real life fact though the percentage of tbe limiter is debatable. In desperate situations people can surpass this limit and basically gain insane strength like that woman who lifted a car off her kid.

In Deku's case, if his base human body is just at 80% then he uses OFA 100% punches, obviously it will be different than if his base body strength rises to 90% and he uses 100%. And if he gets a plus ultra boost like All Might and goes beyond 100%?

That's like 3 different power levels right there all which fit within "Using OFA at full power".

- Like do we know if Deku went beyond 100% like All Might in the Shigaraki fight?

- Did he break through his physical body limiters again like against Muscular?

Whether or not Full Cowl percentage affects max power output at 100% is not the only thing that would cause a wide variation of power between 100% OFA punches.
Pretty sure it’s just stated that the body automatically limits power used by 20%, and then going plus ultra is just them going 100%.

Plus ultra is described as them going beyond their limits, for Deku and Am, their OFA gets stronger. We know that the body auto limits itself to 80% power, so Am going plus ultra would just be the same as this.

I'm honestly not even fully sure if Izuku is going to master 100% in the series, I can't see Izuku just being at 100% in one week of time. Unless the time until the final battle is going to take longer than a week, which is possible. Though I can actually complain about them doing this multiple times. Setting a timeframe but then pulling the rug to give us more time because of reasons.

Edit: Hope this isn't the case. I'd love to see a 100% Full Cowl in the manga again, without any serious repercussions.
This was pretty bullcrap if I'll be honest. At first the timeframe for Shiggy's completion was one month which, while short, was still enough for the heroes to get themselves together, prepare, and tie up the many plotlines of the story like the Todorokis, Deku and Bakugo's relationship, the vestiges, Stain, the LOV, you name it. Might even have been enough time for Deku to become stronger than before

Yet it got revealed that Stain's letter was all a lie as he had just a few days left after all—making like a third of the plotline basically worthless—and that some unsanctioned hero from the USA was coming over to help Japan, goes YOLO, and increases the timeframe to 10 days.

This was pretty bullcrap if I'll be honest. At first the timeframe for Shiggy's completion was one month which, while short, was still enough for the heroes to get themselves together, prepare, and tie up the many plotlines of the story like the Todorokis, Deku and Bakugo's relationship, the vestiges, Stain, the LOV, you name it. Might even have been enough time for Deku to become stronger than before

Yet it got revealed that Stain's letter was all a lie as he had just a few days left after all—making like a third of the plotline basically worthless—and that some unsanctioned hero from the USA was coming over to help Japan, goes YOLO, and increases the timeframe to 10 days.
Are we getting leaks this week?

Back