• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The blog is done...

Alright, let's do this.

and-here-we-go-joker.gif

Doesn’t Deku say something different than “a howitzer shot is nothing compared to this!” in the original Japanese? It’s a bit shaky to think Deku, who’s never been in war, knows exactly how much power a howitzer has and has actually felt it before to even compare Nagant’s bullet in the first place.

Doesnt the original Japanese only mention how the bullet’s curving nature is different from “high angle fire”, aka, a bullet going up and then down? Unlike that, her bullets still carry a LOT of speed and weight behind it. That’s what he’s referring to. That’s what I think at least.

That depends on what the OG Japanese says, if he doesn't compare it to a Howitzer and it's something Viz added. Then obviously the statement cannot be used, as it's incorrect. But if it does, the statement is fine to use. Guess we'll need a translation.

Note: I'm not saying the calc is wrong or correct itself, just saying if the statement being used is usable or not.

I remember a translator on Twitter saying Howitzer was nowhere in the original, but someone should fact check it.

I think the original saying was: “high-angle fire is nothing like this!” implying Deku is referring to how her bullets still have a lot of power despite curving, whereas normal bullets can’t even curve like that normally and still have actual power behind them unless they’re fired straight up and come back down.

Basically: he’s surprised how WEIRD her bullets are, but he isn’t comparing them to a howitzer.

Doesnt the original Japanese only mention how the bullet’s curving nature is different from “high angle fire”, aka, a bullet going up and then down? Unlike that, her bullets still carry a LOT of speed and weight behind it. That’s what he’s referring to. That’s what I think at least.
Bullets don't curve... At least not in the way that Nagant's bullets do. High angle fire refers to artillery fire which is elevated 45 degrees and upward. To put it simply, the term "howitzer" is just a nickname for that sort of artillery cannon.

And even if you pretend for one second that Deku's statement is meaningless... The momentum behind those bullets (assuming that conservation of momentum is conserved) is fundamentally insane. I doubt that they'd be moving slower than 100 times the speed of sound at the bare minimum.

“High Angle Fire” is in reference to artillery fire which is aimed at a 45 degree angle I believe
Precisely. And even if this was being compared to regular artillery fire, the Kinetic Energy would still be worth ~2.89 MJ assuming that the artillery shell in question (and also assuming that its mass is about 50kg) is traveling at transonic velocities. Which is pretty standard stuff for artillery fire.

Have to wait for a calc group member to evaluate it. But if it's legit, I see no problem with the ratings themselves.

Note: The numbers given aren't a problem. Not saying the calc correct or not, as I don't have the authority to make that call and I will not even try to.

However the calc stacking page does say, "Using the calculated speed of a projectile to calculate the speed of a character dodging said projectile on the very same occasion is usually permitted, as long as the projectile wouldn't have changed its speed mid flight."

This might be alright to use, since Nagant specifically increase her rifle size to increase the velocity of her bullets. Meaning the bullet she fired at Chisaki, that Izuku outpaced, was faster than any of her previous shots. The problem is that it isn't the same projectile, though it is stated to be faster than the previous projectile.

I wish the calc stacking page properly explained if this is allowed or not, so I can't say if this is a calc stack or not. Probably should ask an admin about this, maybe make a calc group thread to get some opinions on this.

Have to wait for a calc group member to evaluate it. But if it's legit, I see no problem with the ratings themselves.

Note: The numbers given aren't a problem. Not saying the calc correct or not, as I don't have the authority to make that call and I will not even try to.

However the calc stacking page does say, "Using the calculated speed of a projectile to calculate the speed of a character dodging said projectile on the very same occasion is usually permitted, as long as the projectile wouldn't have changed its speed mid flight."

This might be alright to use, since Nagant specifically increase her rifle size to increase the velocity of her bullets. Meaning the bullet she fired at Chisaki, that Izuku outpaced, was faster than any of her previous shots. The problem is that it isn't the same projectile, though it is stated to be faster than the previous projectile.

I wish the calc stacking page properly explained if this is allowed or not, so I can't say if this is a calc stack or not. Probably should ask an admin about this, maybe make a calc group thread to get some opinions on this.
I'm not sure if it's allowed. But even excluding the instance of Deku outspending her bullet with Faux 100%, he would still downscale from the velocity of the bullet, potentially making even 45% Deku Sub Rel.

More importantly, who said this was the only Sub Rel feat that I calculated?

pls5ttwl5u671.jpg

I don't know why they even bothered putting him in the Tourney, his lost his AP advantage due to reactive power level and all of his other abilities get nulled

To be honest, I personally would've prefer the god tiers in Low 7-B. If not that than at least Low 7-C at the lowest, those ratings always "felt" better to me.

Not saying anything to change the ratings, as I lack anyway or desire to change it. Just a personal opinion.

To be honest, I personally would've prefer the god tiers in Low 7-B. If not that than at least Low 7-C at the lowest, those ratings always "felt" better to me.

Not saying anything to change the ratings, as I lack anyway or desire to change it. Just a personal opinion.
Is this because you witnessed the unfortunate Deku run on Tier 7-A/High 7-A?

Is this because you witnessed the unfortunate Deku run on Tier 7-A/High 7-A?
I actually haven't been paying attention to that. Just that I had a lot of matches I wanted to do in those tiers and never got a chance to do them.

Also I like progression of 8-C, High 8-C, 8-B, 8-A, and Low 7-C/7-C. Feels a lot better to me than 8-A to 7-A possibly higher one day.

Back